Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Tech Rookie

I just read through Xtreme RC's review of the TC4 and it seemed to think the braking, low speed handling, and high speed handling weren't up to par or not as good as they could be. So, from actual racers with experience, what are your thoughts on these areas and have you noticed similar trends?
Old 06-06-2005, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

i would agree with the low speed comment...the car just seems to have a problem entering a turn for me...and a few others at the track,i am sure with more time we will get it figured out.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rocky
I just read through Xtreme RC's review of the TC4 and it seemed to think the braking, low speed handling, and high speed handling weren't up to par or not as good as they could be. So, from actual racers with experience, what are your thoughts on these areas and have you noticed similar trends?
If we use the TC3 as a benchmark, and we all know how good the TC3 was - remember it's been winning for 5 years, and copied by everyone - most guys who drive the TC4 seem to think it's better than the TC3.

It's result in last week's Reedy Race speaks for itself.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Adept

Is that review on the net or in a mag? If its yes I wouldnt mind a link please!

The TC4 is a great car and will soon get even better, unlike many people I will not upgrade my TC4 to the FTTC4 with the feeling that I m getting it fixed or "Finally some Carbon Fiber and a double deck now I have a normal pro looking modern killer racer"...

Guys, I know most of you actually like the car, its not directed to you but I never got over all this TC4 bashing, of course now its won the Reedy Race.....its a diferent story

Its a car with a few weaknesses just like any other car, it can compete with any other chassis out there for sure...

Well, sorry if I bored you with my poor English

See ya!
Old 06-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
I wasn't told anything. This is from personal experience. My 3300's fit perfectly. My 3700's do not sit right in the chassis. The diameter of 3700's is just a little bit bigger than the 3300's. If you use the Factory Team battery spacer (a hollow tube the same size as a cell) the 3700's will not fit. When I run my 3700's I use the foam spacer and raise the battery strap slightly. I could grind away the battery slots, but I'm spending my time on my nitro cars.
Sorry, I thought you were talking about the new FT TC4. At the time the Team TC4 was designed, cells were no bigger than standard 3300's. Now, with the advent of 3700's, 3800's, etc., the cells are at their maximum size allowed by the rules. The FT TC4 has taken this into account and these cells will fit in it.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Tbevofreak- go to www.rc411.com, click on "Testing" at the top, then look for a red "review archive" at the center, click on it and scroll down until you come to the TC4's review.

The article says the braking is overall stable, but coming out of high speeds would make the car a little unstable. It also said going into a turn was very difficult throughout the review session and with many set-ups, so any more actual experience and feedback would be appreciated.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

It looks like he did that review without the benefit of the many tuning parts that are now available. No caster blocks, no rear toe adjustment, etc. He was unable to tune the car for the conditions. His opinion (review) is based on that experience.

With a good setup the car is a dream to drive. Better in fact than the TC3 I drove for 5 years. I have no "low speed", "high speed", or "braking" problems with my car. FWIW Now if I could just stop hitting things....

Art
Old 06-06-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Interesting comment. I personally thought the car was great right out of the box - just a little heavy. It just needed some shims in the right places and you were dialed - low speed and high. I was running with the XRAYs with a bone stock car
Old 06-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

more mindless dribble from losi jon.im not gonna waste any more time even responding to such a childish fool.nice comeback by the way. you must be a child.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

yep,thanks for noticing.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

hi all

has any one run there tc4 on a 64 pitch gear combo
my guess is the car would run accelerate spool up quicker
maybe this would lose you traction exiting the corners
whats peaples thoughts on this
cheers gaz
Old 06-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

I'm running 100/32-5 depending on track layout and motor. No problems with it.

I find braking to be just fine - in fact, better and far more controllable (even with a front one-way) than my friend's X-Ray - brake with it and car spins. I have my ESC set so that when I brake going straight, it stops straight. If I brake starting a turn, I can hold the turn like a rally-car doing a handbrake turn. Couldn't do that with my TC3 or my friend's X-Ray or any other car with a one-way for that matter.

Low speed? Car pushed for a while. Rear springs were too soft running blue. Upped it to either red or copper and car turns in like a banshee. (balanced with red springs in front too. . .)

High speed? Car pushed on turnin. See comment above.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, and DerekB will yell at me again for it. I have not seen ANY mag give a review that I thought was objective, thorough, and actually on target. Generally when I read these reviews, I'm left thinking, "what car are THEY driving?" - sometimes they'll actually change the setup and review with the good setup; sometimes (as with the TC4) they seem to use only the stock setup.

I look at people who race FIRST - and don't subscribe or really read any mag, whether news, RC, rally, SCCA, etc. Everyone's got an agenda.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for all the input. It seems like set-up is the key and the TC4, like all cars, has its respective pros and cons. I just happened to stumble on that article and was not really considering it all-knowing.....that's why I came here to get some feedback from some of y'all who race it every week and have a lot of experience with the car.

Thanks again.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

New w/ the electrics and have chosen a TC4 as my platform, the car gave me trouble at the beggining but little by little the car is improving. I have the front red and the rear stock blue and have on agenda to try a hardderspinrg in the rear.

I run a brushless set-up, U-force 75 and Plettenberg Shadow on 6 cells, loads of torque 72/22t 48p for paved on road tracks. I'm having trouble w/ the front diff, at first loosened, put lock tight and then broke the srew(front diff). Have any of you run the solid up front? Can't run one way, too used to having breaks, afraid the one way will break anyway.

Pretty new to 1:10 electric, been running nitro 1:10 sedans for more than a year and doing well. I really want this car (TC4) to run as dialed as possible, but I think the solid is the way to go w/ my combo (do to the power the motor has)

Any tips on maintaining drive trane integrity would be appreciated.

Thanks,
havy
Old 06-06-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TPhalen
Sorry, I thought you were talking about the new FT TC4. At the time the Team TC4 was designed, cells were no bigger than standard 3300's. Now, with the advent of 3700's, 3800's, etc., the cells are at their maximum size allowed by the rules. The FT TC4 has taken this into account and these cells will fit in it.
AHA! Thanks Tony. One Factory Team upgrade kit about to be put on order. Hey, does the fan kit fit in the FT?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.