Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 05:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I thought about teh possibility of enlarging the holes under the electrics, but then wouldnt know what to attack the ESC and Reciever to.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

JDM_DOHC_SIR
where did you find thoose parts at?
Old 02-09-2005, 06:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by caleracer45
JDM_DOHC_SIR
where did you find thoose parts at?
I've just ordered the steering bushing and drive cups at RC-Champ.
Speedtech will probably get them later
Old 02-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi, I got a question, does balancing the car make a difference the reason why on asking, I have a TC4 and I'm really gotten involved with on road racing on carpet. I've learned a lot but eyesore of guy at the track with two scales and he would put rear of the car on the scales and adjust the shocks and then he would put the front wheels on the scale and adjust the shocks again. I thought to balance the car you had to use weight front to back or side to side I would appreciate really any help . Also he was tell me about a scale that had for cops and you would put each tire on them does anybody know about the scale or who makes it thank you
Old 02-09-2005, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

Hi everyone!

I'm still having problems with my motors being really too hot but my drivetrain is very free and I checked the bearings

I tried 3 different motors but still same prob, you can't touch the motor more than 2 secs!

I hope you can help me on this cos its really anoying me, the car handles so good...

Cheers,
Will
Old 02-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the TC3 caster blocks will fit the TC4
thanks
Old 02-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Tbevofreak
Hi everyone!

I'm still having problems with my motors being really too hot but my drivetrain is very free and I checked the bearings

I tried 3 different motors but still same prob, you can't touch the motor more than 2 secs!

I hope you can help me on this cos its really anoying me, the car handles so good...

Cheers,
Will
what gear ratio are you running? if you don't know the ratio, what spur size and pinion size are you running. it sounds like your gear ratio is way wrong.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally posted by brevardracer87
Does anyone know if the TC3 caster blocks will fit the TC4
thanks
Yes, they are little bit different but seem to fit just fine. I have been unable to detect any difference in geometry.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by diskostew
what gear ratio are you running? if you don't know the ratio, what spur size and pinion size are you running. it sounds like your gear ratio is way wrong.
yeah - sounds like your ratio is WAY high - nothing to do with the drivetrain. . .
Old 02-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Tbevofreak
Hi everyone!

Cheers,
Will
Let us know what pinion and spur gear you have along with how tall your tires are. Also let us know how big your track is and what the typical lap time is for the fast guys in your class. We should be able to tell you if you are geared to high or low. Gearing too low can cause a motor to get hot also.

You may also want to snag a cheap temp gun (duratrax has a cheap one). Let us know what hot is exactly. I usually don't worry about my motors being too hot unless they get above 160ºF or so.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

my motors seem to run fairly hot to.....i run the same FDR as what i ran in the xray (motor sin my xray came off warm) and in the tc4 they come off reealy hot...

i just bought the tc4 duct and fan kit so hopefully that will solve my heat problems
Old 02-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

I'm running a couple of 12 turns single geared at 6.6 or 6.8 so it shouldn't be a gearing prob because I also tried a 14*2 geared the same I the motor blew up!

I've noticed this, when I turn my wheels too much the drivetrain makes a loud noise making it less free like if something was rubbing against it bit I checked my wheels nothing is touching.....I end up having probs or maybe this is why my motors get really hot!!

Please help!

William
Old 02-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Unless you are running some really tiny tires or at a velodrome you are way overgeared. My best guess is you need to drop around 6-7 teeth if your running 48p.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

I too find my motors are running hot, I am wondering if its perhaps the motor cam/clamp arrangement. Perhaps overtightening the motor clamp down is causing pressure on the cam in turn putting pressure on the motor bearing and shaft...?

Just a wild guess, but I am going to experiment with things abit looser tomorrow night.

If you have removed all the shims in the diff TBevo, you will get more noise when wheels are turned, as the gear mesh in the diffs is changing. Mine certainly does (I have no shims on the outdrives) Though I had heat issues before I removed the shims.

Last edited by MartynD; 02-09-2005 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Indoors I've been runing the Duct kit without the fans (as the fans get clogged with carpet) and my motors have been coming off cooler than any other car I've owned.

Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.