Search

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by discus18
oh got it. thanks
my apologies.. misspelled masami's name. its hirosaka.
Old 10-17-2004, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hebiki,

Earlier in one of the post I saw someone asking about the Hipoint setting. According to the VFS-1 setting the transmitter should be in the stock location which I believe is 100. If I move this to 150 as you suggested and reset the ESC am I going to gain anything?

I installed the VFS-1 in the 12th scale today and it felt very smooth. I'm running a stock handout motor from Snowbirds of this year and looking to get more rip out of the motor. Do you have any profiles you can send me? The track is 96x60 technical, 4-cell on-road. I'll talk to you guys early in the week.

Thanks guys for everything,
Mark
Old 10-18-2004, 12:05 AM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by munrath
Hebiki,

Earlier in one of the post I saw someone asking about the Hipoint setting. According to the VFS-1 setting the transmitter should be in the stock location which I believe is 100. If I move this to 150 as you suggested and reset the ESC am I going to gain anything?

I installed the VFS-1 in the 12th scale today and it felt very smooth. I'm running a stock handout motor from Snowbirds of this year and looking to get more rip out of the motor. Do you have any profiles you can send me? The track is 96x60 technical, 4-cell on-road. I'll talk to you guys early in the week.

Thanks guys for everything,
Mark

Hey Mark

1. I always cranked up the throttle hipoint on my helios to 150. the car "felt" limited at the Tamiya track when the throttle hipoint at 150. When you are setting up the VFS-1, make sure everything is set at the stock settings (brakes at 100, throttle at 100) after you have programmed the initial settings for the VFS 1/2000..then you can change your settings.

My brakes are usually at 40-50% since i run a one way my touring cars. and throttle hipoint at 150 (as stated earlier)

2. I apologize, i dont have a 12th scale car.. (yet). so i do not have any profiles for running 4cell 12th scale (when i get my YRX/RC12L4) i can help you further. but for now.. do the basics. use the stock profile for the VFS-1...and run a few packs. adjusting the profile to fit your needs. i always RUN my crappiest practice packs with a new profile. if i make RUNTIME with my crappiest packs, then i know im safe (runtime wise). also, check for brush wear on the comm and the condition of both. more punch will cause more wear on the brush/comm.

ive heard that 12th scale guys try to find every ounce of speed. so make sure you get plenty of time with the VFS. attach the cap profiled with the VFS-1. use Masami's or Atsushi's profiles as the starting point also BUT im not sure what size track they were running on. so it might not work as well at your track.

btw.. i adjust in 4-6 stages so i can notice a difference. then fine tune from there. 4-6 packs should be okay to get a good all around profile. since you say the track is pretty small (96 feet is short, the track i run on has a 150 foot straight), you might wanna stay low on your throttle frequencies.

if you have any more questions, feel free to post on here. myself, mike P. or robert (ko propo staff) will be glad to help you out.

ROBERT! Time to get a 12th scale dude!
Old 10-18-2004, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Chris,

Thanks for the info. I'll call the shop later today. The track is small because it's indoor carpet, but we love it for the winter time.

Once you jack up the hipoint to 150 do you need to reset the ESC by running through the setup?

I plan on doing some testing this Friday, so I hope to have something for you guys if all goes well.

As always thanks for the support,

Mark Unrath
Old 10-18-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by munrath
Chris,

Thanks for the info. I'll call the shop later today. The track is small because it's indoor carpet, but we love it for the winter time.

Once you jack up the hipoint to 150 do you need to reset the ESC by running through the setup?

I plan on doing some testing this Friday, so I hope to have something for you guys if all goes well.

As always thanks for the support,

Mark Unrath
mark

here's what you do... have your helios at stock settings (brake at 100, throttle at 100)

program your esc so you can set the neutral, full throttle and full brake. once programmed. then crank up the throttle and lower your brakes.

btw.. since you're running on hi-bite carpet.. you can go lower on the initial drive frequencies without losing traction (i.e. wheelspin, something i experience on outdoor asphalt).

let us know what you find and post any profiles for your 12th scale here! good luck and have fun!

- C
Old 10-18-2004, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just picked up "the ultimate" notebook to carry around my pit bag, got it an ebay for $109.00 (plus shipping) arrived today and works great with all the KO software:

Old 10-23-2004, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Quick question.... (and I'm too lazy right now to read thru 11 pages of posts.)

Does my setting adapter from my VFS-2000 works for the VFS-1? My Hara Twister blew today!

Dom
Old 10-23-2004, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by litespeed-dom
Quick question.... (and I'm too lazy right now to read thru 11 pages of posts.)

Does my setting adapter from my VFS-2000 works for the VFS-1? My Hara Twister blew today!

Dom
the handheld setting adapter for the 2000 will not work with the new VFS-1. but the PC adapter will.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rc-zombies
the handheld setting adapter for the 2000 will not work with the new VFS-1. but the PC adapter will.
Thanks Zombie! That blows....

Dom
Old 10-23-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by litespeed-dom
Thanks Zombie! That blows....

Dom
in a way yes.. but in a way its really cool. because the adapter that comes with VFS-1 now can be used for other ICS products. all you need is the appropriate card. so in the future, different cards will be needed to program the different products instead of multiple adapters. kinda cool imho.

btw.. i came up with a pretty good profile for the VFS-1 for stock on rubber tires. IM me if you guys want it. or i can just post here.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Hebiki
in a way yes.. but in a way its really cool. because the adapter that comes with VFS-1 now can be used for other ICS products. all you need is the appropriate card. so in the future, different cards will be needed to program the different products instead of multiple adapters. kinda cool imho.

btw.. i came up with a pretty good profile for the VFS-1 for stock on rubber tires. IM me if you guys want it. or i can just post here.
If you email it to me and don't mind ...I can post it on my site at:

http://www.gearchart.com/index.cfm?f....sheets&type=3

I don't have anything uploaded in that section of my site yet.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by HarshGuy
If you email it to me and don't mind ...I can post it on my site at:

http://www.gearchart.com/index.cfm?f....sheets&type=3

I don't have anything uploaded in that section of my site yet.
It was nice to see you out on the rug yesterday. Thanks for the radio help. This Ko radio is great. Your car looked great for someone who only races every once in a while. Hopefully you can make the regionals. See you the next time you come out.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by STLNLST
It was nice to see you out on the rug yesterday. Thanks for the radio help. This Ko radio is great. Your car looked great for someone who only races every once in a while. Hopefully you can make the regionals. See you the next time you come out.
Man, what a weenie, where's the old stlnlst? I don't even know you LOL
Old 10-24-2004, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Matt Howard
Man, what a weenie, where's the old stlnlst? I don't even know you LOL
He sort of came out while announcing yesterday but since you're waaaaaaaay over there you didn't get to laugh with the rest of us. The old STLNLST is in hiding for right now. You'll have to deal with this one when you come back home.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by STLNLST
Yep I'm there for the regionals ....it's gonna "cost me"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.