Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Benzaah
I see 3 versions of this app in the itunes store. Which is the most current?
This should be the link to the US App store. The most recent one is called "RC Setup Workbench"

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rc-ca...3121?ls=1&mt=8
Old 12-27-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xtaiji
Hey izzy,

I have finished construct my own team indoor asphalt track. Is it OK to use marc's german nats championship setup?? Here is first drive video.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzFWF1BLLNg
nice track!
Old 12-27-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

Hey izzy,

I have finished construct my own team indoor asphalt track. Is it OK to use marc's german nats championship setup?? Here is first drive video.

+ YouTube Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzFWF1BLLNg
sure, should working ... but especially indoor asphalt have other characteristics then outdoor asphalt.

Should be a lot more traction there ... so you can try to use the LTC-R there, i've used some weeks ago the LTC-R too on indoor asphalt and TQed and won the race.

Try his setup and if you have problems/trouble feel free toask here - im sure we can optimize your setup then

by the way... really nice track!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

anybody sell a stainless steel screw kit, or aluminum screw kit for the s411 in anodized orange, i know xceed makes a titanium kit, anyone else make a kit or can i buy screws from anothe manufacture that has the odd sizes like m2.3x4 reall where to buy this size thanks
Old 12-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

can anyone confirm that Xray spring cups work with the S411 shocks? Xray makes some orange anodized ones that I would love to get but I don't want to waste the money if the don't fit.

and +1 to the request of the orange anodized screw set, that would be awsome
Old 12-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
nice track!
Thanks. I have built during almost 2 week.
Originally Posted by #iZzy
sure, should working ... but especially indoor asphalt have other characteristics then outdoor asphalt.

Should be a lot more traction there ... so you can try to use the LTC-R there, i've used some weeks ago the LTC-R too on indoor asphalt and TQed and won the race.

Try his setup and if you have problems/trouble feel free toask here - im sure we can optimize your setup then

by the way... really nice track!
I have run with LTC-R last weekend, good result. Thanks.

I have one question about setup. What is different rear toe in, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5???

I just follow fischer's setup but I wanna know the time to change rear toe in.

Sorry poor my english. :-)
Old 12-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Benzaah
The c hubs look the same as the original ones as I have some of the original hard hubs here as well. The V2hubs are coming I assume with the reworked dcj shafts. These dcj were meant to be in the LE kits but did not meet the standard as far as Im aware and we got a second geared diff instead.

Can someone confirm if there is a way to get the X-ray ecs to fit as I have 2sets of 52mm ones here I could use. Regards Benzaah
Not without a lot of work. They are not straight replacements by no means.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks. I have built during almost 2 week.

I have run with LTC-R last weekend, good result. Thanks.

I have one question about setup. What is different rear toe in, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5???

I just follow fischer's setup but I wanna know the time to change rear toe in.

Sorry poor my english. :-)
Hi !

sounds good

with more rear toe-in you can make your car more stable in all parts of a corner and it's more stable on the straight's - but maybe it "can" steal a bit of your topspeed .. in theory

sometimes less rear toe-in is good if the car have to much traction etc., so your car can rotate better through the corners with less toe-in then.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Just have a carpet test session together with marc fischer on thursday, he wanna try some things for the dhi cup so it should be a very productive day for both of us

i've build now a new gear diff where i have sanded the diff gears because they're not 100% flat, especially the big gears on the outdrives - first feeling now is very good and im pretty sure the diff feels better again after 1-2 runs.

this is our test track @ thursday:

here a video of a race on this track 2 weeks before, it was only a local race so i decided to start in the Speedpassion 13,5T class for fun and the car was great. TQed and won easily, my car is the red fluorescent car in front

+ YouTube Video
Old 12-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

#iZzy none of your links to the utube seem to work. Could you do a copy paste of the www.title or a clue to where to search on utube to see them.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
#iZzy none of your links to the utube seem to work. Could you do a copy paste of the www.title or a clue to where to search on utube to see them.
they work for me!! nice tracks you have over there...

martin.. with the diff mod we talked about.. 1000 worked very good for me in 17.5 testing and got butter smooth also.. jeremy
Old 12-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

was the tool set included with the LE kit supposed to be engraved with the car # on it? Everything I read said they were supposed to be, but mine aren't. Not really a big deal but if they were advertised as being engraved then I would of liked them to be.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by #iZzy
Hi !

sounds good

with more rear toe-in you can make your car more stable in all parts of a corner and it's more stable on the straight's - but maybe it "can" steal a bit of your topspeed .. in theory

sometimes less rear toe-in is good if the car have to much traction etc., so your car can rotate better through the corners with less toe-in then.
Ok, I'll change rear toe in from 3.0 to 2.5 when track has more grip. Thanks. :-)
Old 12-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
can anyone confirm that Xray spring cups work with the S411 shocks? Xray makes some orange anodized ones that I would love to get but I don't want to waste the money if the don't fit.

and +1 to the request of the orange anodized screw set, that would be awsome
They won't work. The Xray rod ends are smaller dia. so the shock spring cups don't fit the Serpent shock bottoms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.