Community
Wiki Posts
Search

who holds the speed record?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well ok guys correct me if im wrong but here goes some math. At 60mph you cover 5280 feet in 1 min / 60 seconds, that is 88 feet a second, so in roughly 3 seconds you are out of radio range. Now at 80 mph, you are traveling 129 feet a second, meaning in just over 2 secounds you are out of radio range. Keep in mind this is using a top of the line fm system. He is mearly using a futuba am system. so maby 200 feet? Someone who has one go test it. Given 200 feet he has just over a second to reach max speed and stop before his car is out of radio range and he is unable to stop it from dying a horible death. When you look at the numbers it sounds like hes lying even more dosent it.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

well.... if its a 300 ft range then he has 600ft to do his run. Starts 300ft away from him, runs towards him and 300 ft away from him).... but I still dont think its possible
Old 08-15-2004, 04:28 PM
ajg

Originally posted by pballkid21587
Well ok guys correct me if im wrong but here goes some math. At 60mph you cover 5280 feet in 1 min / 60 seconds, that is 88 feet a second, so in roughly 3 seconds you are out of radio range. Now at 80 mph, you are traveling 129 feet a second, meaning in just over 2 secounds you are out of radio range. Keep in mind this is using a top of the line fm system. He is mearly using a futuba am system. so maby 200 feet? Someone who has one go test it. Given 200 feet he has just over a second to reach max speed and stop before his car is out of radio range and he is unable to stop it from dying a horible death. When you look at the numbers it sounds like hes lying even more dosent it.
Yes I start from about 200 to 300 feet away and pass me half way through the run. Also, sometime I do go out of my range and crash, but I'm not worried about that because nothing ever breaks on my car from the crashes. And there is weeds on the side of the road so they stop the car.

And no pballkid, I'm not lying about a little rc car and how fast it goes. There's really no point in doing that. I personally don't know anyone that would.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by ajg
I'm not lying about a little rc car and how fast it goes. There's really no point in doing that. I personally don't know anyone that would.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:00 PM
ajg

Originally posted by burbs
aj.. im racing the paved oval nats this week... im also good buddies with gary katzer from rc driver magizine...he is there covering the race for the magizine ... i told him about your speedy micro.. he said they might be able to come out by u with a radar gun and test your micro in a future issue....what do u think??? he said he will bring all the right stuff for speed testing.. then we will all know for sure how fast it goes...

lemme know ill try to hook it up.. then u could be famous
Once I get my car running again I'll think about it.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Super Steve
how old are you ajg?
He was 15 when he posted on 8/4/2003....
And he had no job.....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...812#post469812
Old 08-15-2004, 09:55 PM
Tech Adept

hey Im 15 too !!!!
Old 08-15-2004, 10:01 PM
Tech Adept

man If I had a 540 conversion kit for my micro, i would use my V2 and rewind it to a 4 turn thenn put my matched 1.17 batteries and it should fllyyy ajg, why dont you just get a 6X1 V2 instead of that 10turn of yours. Youl really haul ass with that lol.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i doubt you or ajg have the right tools to rewind, weld, and balance a armature.

Also, you would have hard time putting 6 or 8 cells of GP3300s

I myself am only 17 years old, but man...
I think stupid kids that keeps claim retarded things and don't act their age gives bad name to those of us who are in our youths and loves RC racing.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:36 AM
Tech Adept

im actaully the guy that sells tuned micro motors. I have the tools and skills.I have rewinded a few of my stock motors, the Epics for funn, I got them down to 17 turns. I have my special low resitant mangnetic wires.

I have been in this hobby for almost over 8 years now .Since i was like 7 years old. I love this hobby !! I maybe still just a kid, but i guess experience counts

heres my motors that I tune and sell . I'll be selling online soon. Right now my LHS carrys them , when I get some more motors in, and tuned , Ill Try to sell them online.
this is the video I made of my micro motors

http://www.neptune.com/users/danielk...lkuo111346.wmv

Last edited by DaNieL_KuO; 08-16-2004 at 01:49 AM.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by ajg
Then just wait and stop saying it's not possible, because none of you know. You guys don't even have micros (except DaNieL_KuO, and maybe one or two other people).
Sometimes it just takes common sense to realize what you are doing is impossible. But like my dad told me, that sometimes you have to find out some things for yourself. That is why I am trying very hard not to flame you, I rather help you see for yourself.

I don't need to own a micro to know its limitations......heck I already know that they are fast r/c cars. But 80 mph? Somewhere common sense, and high school science should tell you otherwise.
First, the car is too small to travel up to 80 mph without covering a heck of alot of distance. Then by adding more batteries will cause it to have more weight, that is more work for the motor, not to mention the change of weight will also effect the suspension.

You know what? Forget it. I have been trying to tell you a lot of stuff and you still stuck on the fact that it can be done on a straightway. Kid......you need a track to do this on because that micro won't see 80 from a dead start! cliff Lett didn't hit 110 mph on a drag run, it was done by doing laps! You don't have the radio range to accomplish what you want! you only have a little over 300ft. with a brand new radio. You have to have your micro up to 40 mph in under 150 ft. That means from a dead start, your car will reach about 35 mph (giving you the benefit of your car being fast) by the time it reaches 150 ft. look, 150 feet isn't as long as you may think it is. You want 80? Put it on a high banked oval like Veladrome, and it would be possible. On you street? It'll never see it. Trust me..........
Old 08-16-2004, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DaNieL_KuO
im actaully the guy that sells tuned micro motors. I have the tools and skills.I have rewinded a few of my stock motors, the Epics for funn, I got them down to 17 turns. I have my special low resitant mangnetic wires.

I have been in this hobby for almost over 8 years now .Since i was like 7 years old. I love this hobby !! I maybe still just a kid, but i guess experience counts

heres my motors that I tune and sell . I'll be selling online soon. Right now my LHS carrys them , when I get some more motors in, and tuned , Ill Try to sell them online.
this is the video I made of my micro motors

http://www.neptune.com/users/danielk...lkuo111346.wmv

So, YOU tell me, how fast have you got your car to?
Old 08-16-2004, 01:54 AM
Tech Adept

yes 80 mph on a street is stupid krazzy, if it went that fast... LOLs what if u hit a car or a wall?

On my R40 ,Iono how fast it tops out[mabe like 60 at most, but, when I ran it on my street, when its at full speed, its dangerous !!!!
Old 08-16-2004, 01:57 AM
Tech Adept

honestly iono how fast it goes. But I race at socal alot , on the rewinded motors, I acualy have the same speed as the Modified guys. Iono how fast there going,
but yeah a micro could do it. Its just my fast rewinded motors wont last to long.
Caiuse the brushes are not changeable, and at that much RPM its krazzy . If I want to, I could always add more cells. I have never gone beyond 6 cells on my micro.
Maybe icould put like 8 or something, or wire some of my lithiums in series.

well how fast do the pro mod guys go? Like 40 right?
Old 08-16-2004, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

I race only 1/10th scale cars. Haven't owned a micro yet.

I am taking simple physics into account here. A full size car can reach 80 mph in about 200 yards, depending on the driver. As the car gets smaller in scale, the distance to reach 80 mph increases drastically. Now tell me if I am wrong, but it takes 18 1/18th cars to equal one full size car.........nah forget it.

I decided to wash my hands of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.