Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Trinity Motors I've had it with these pieces of CRAP!!!! >

Trinity Motors I've had it with these pieces of CRAP!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity Motors I've had it with these pieces of CRAP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 02:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have run stock motors in the UK for a very long time, and I have NEVER got on with ANY Trinity based stock motor, they are either very peaky or just flat, and that would be from the same batch of motors.

I have run other Epic based motors, where they have been fine, but what a lot of people have done is to buy pre-built motors from Trinity and put their own label and brush/spring combination on. Where people are using Trinity cans, they maybe using different armatures, or being wound somwhere else, or to their own specification, which would change things.

Personaly, I believe when you mass produce a motor like the Trinity, there CAN'T be the atention to detail that there needs to be for every motor to be the same, so I prefer to buy from a small volume maker.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

OK guys, one thing you have to remember is that trinity or epic(same owner spiel) makes the motors as a product. If another company tunes them, they are still a trinity motor. So you got a bad one, big deal? Ive blown them up on my first run too, shit happens. And when you talk about overheating, are you sure the motor wasnt hot? I have had people come off and temp gun their motors at 220 and say perfect, NOT! If you run the motor over 180 you risk blowing it up. Melting epoxy, or losing magnets, or what have you. If it happens call them and tell them it happened and get another. If there was a bad batch they will be weeded out. I just bought a reedy 19t quad mag motor that absolutely sucks. it has the handwound arm and everything, still a big fat turd compared to the Chameleon 2. I'm judging this off lap times on the same day, same packs, same tires, same car. I am consistently 2 tenths faster with the trinity motor. I have had a bad one of those as well. it is just the luck of the draw.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Trinity and EPIC are NOT the same company, they are separate.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:41 AM

But they are own by the same person, so although not legally the same company, they are more or less.

Ben
Old 07-28-2004, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

doesnt matter, ernie has the control. Either way, its a mass produced motor, things will happen.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Trinityracinnut
OK guys, one thing you have to remember is that trinity or epic(same owner spiel) makes the motors as a product. If another company tunes them, they are still a trinity motor. So you got a bad one, big deal? Ive blown them up on my first run too, shit happens. And when you talk about overheating, are you sure the motor wasnt hot? I have had people come off and temp gun their motors at 220 and say perfect, NOT! If you run the motor over 180 you risk blowing it up. Melting epoxy, or losing magnets, or what have you. If it happens call them and tell them it happened and get another. If there was a bad batch they will be weeded out. I just bought a reedy 19t quad mag motor that absolutely sucks. it has the handwound arm and everything, still a big fat turd compared to the Chameleon 2. I'm judging this off lap times on the same day, same packs, same tires, same car. I am consistently 2 tenths faster with the trinity motor. I have had a bad one of those as well. it is just the luck of the draw.
History of trinity with me...

Stock Monster 4 pk2 8- total 12: of the 12: 3 had i magnets unglued and destroyed the motors and 1 had cracked again destroyed it.
19 turn: 10 Chameleon 2 Pro Motor : 5 bad 2 cracked and 3 magnets came loose. in 2 of these they had less than 4 runs on them... I'm running 4 electric cars between my son and me so it's not like these are sitting around for a long time between uses.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Thats very interesting because I have smoked one green machine 3, and one cham2. Thats it.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

Nova,

While I'm not the biggest fan of Trinity I'll have to admit to have that many problems seems strange. I've been racing for 15+ years and I don't think I've had that many problems combined in that time frame. The only motor's I've seen consistently give problems are Green 3's, which is too bad because I actually like the way they run.

What type of car are running them in? i.e. off road, touring, etc.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Trinityracinnut
Thats very interesting because I have smoked one green machine 3, and one cham2. Thats it.
Well, there is one more interesting note.......
I got most if not all of these from Tower hobbies..........

hmmmmm........
Old 07-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ozwald Bates
Nova,

While I'm not the biggest fan of Trinity I'll have to admit to have that many problems seems strange. I've been racing for 15+ years and I don't think I've had that many problems combined in that time frame. The only motor's I've seen consistently give problems are Green 3's, which is too bad because I actually like the way they run.

What type of car are running them in? i.e. off road, touring, etc.
On road Tamiya F201
Old 07-28-2004, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Hmm,

I don't know why you would be having such bad luck with them. Maybe try checking them with a temp gun next time you race and see just how hot they're getting.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Nova F1 Racer - Dam your hard on motors.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by DA_cookie_monst
Trinity and EPIC are NOT the same company, they are separate.
Thank you....Now I have an exuse for bying more Epic stuff

Epic turns a better product than Trinity. I dunno why though
Old 07-28-2004, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ozwald Bates
Hmm,

I don't know why you would be having such bad luck with them. Maybe try checking them with a temp gun next time you race and see just how hot they're getting.
I have and the range has been 140 to a high of 190....
Mostly in the 150-160 range after a long run....
Old 07-28-2004, 01:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fatdoggy
Nova F1 Racer - Dam your hard on motors.
Dam right.....

I did have a Orion 11 turn meltdown once...... That was ugly!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.