Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Trinity Motors I've had it with these pieces of CRAP!!!! >

Trinity Motors I've had it with these pieces of CRAP!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity Motors I've had it with these pieces of CRAP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by CraigH
DA- The internet needs more people like you. Willing to admit they are wrong and have learned something. My hats off to you.
Thanks
Old 07-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

From what I heard Trinity and EPIC are owned by the same guy whos initials are E.P. hmm now who duya kno with those initials? I thought he liked the factory so much (in Japan? or Taiwan?) he bought it to make lots more motors... EP InC motors to make even more bucks!!
Old 07-29-2004, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

now I realy think people are reading too much into this EPIC cans are made in Asia, and are used as the base for the Trinity motors, but I think it is a far stretch of the imagination to believe that..... pmsl
Old 07-29-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

EPIC = Ernie Provetti International Corporation

EPIC Motorsports is owned by Trinity. Now, whether or not Ernie actually owns the whole plant where the motors are made is another thing. It is easy if you have money to say, please print XXX on top of this for me.

Jeff
Old 07-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Default Re: Trinity Motors I've had it with these pieces of CRAP!!!!

Originally posted by Nova F1 Racer
OK, enought is enought!!!
I'm through with Trinity electric motors that
1. The magnets come unglued during a race ( and you know what that means )
2. Magnets that break apart ( Guess again what happens )
3. Trinity " send them back and we see what the problem is" and the exact response to the 3 I've sent them. " The motor got hit and this caused it or the motor got over heated.

One of the *()^%&*(%^ motors was new, first time run ( 4 minutes into the qualifier ) was not hit or even "hot ". They still said I must have been mistaken......

Is there any other decent vendor that has good 19 turn and stock motors out there that stand behind their product?

AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is posting Tuners not actual Manufacturers. If you buy and Axiom Stock Motor its still from Trinity, Peak or whoever we just tune and do out tricks to them. I personally like the Orion stuff they are easy to deal with and stand behind thier work. I am assuming this was a P2K2 that you have had magnet issues with?
Old 07-29-2004, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

The stock motors I use are based on the TOP can and endbell, and these take no end of punishment, OK, they are not as revvy as the trinity motors, but these are far less fussy on gearing, have oooodles of torque, don't need rebuilding every few runs and just don't fail.

I have raced people using trinity who want to pull my stock apart as it shouldn't work like it does, cause it isn't a Trinity. The reason it goes so well is because it is a good quality base components, and the guy who winds them, does a VERY GOOD job of doing so.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Tech Rookie

I used to run Trinity motors, then I switched to Orion. Orion has a lot more power and kick to their motors, and they don't heat up as much compared to Trinity. I also like Corally motors. Reedy motors are a little weak during the first runs, but after you skim them, they a very good.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

The Orion motors not only perform well on the track they also show it on the Dyno. We usually keep a large stock on had of the Core Stockers due to the popularity has grown with them.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by DA_cookie_monst
and the guy who winds them, does a VERY GOOD job of doing so.
You have a guy winding your stock motors
Old 07-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by DA_cookie_monst
The stock motors I use are based on the TOP can and endbell, and these take no end of punishment, OK, they are not as revvy as the trinity motors, but these are far less fussy on gearing, have oooodles of torque, don't need rebuilding every few runs and just don't fail.

I have raced people using trinity who want to pull my stock apart as it shouldn't work like it does, cause it isn't a Trinity. The reason it goes so well is because it is a good quality base components, and the guy who winds them, does a VERY GOOD job of doing so.
You have someone winding your Stock Motors? They are not ROAR Legal then in case you didnt know.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Trinity Motors I've had it with these pieces of CRAP!!!!

Originally posted by dgullickson
Everyone is posting Tuners not actual Manufacturers. If you buy and Axiom Stock Motor its still from Trinity, Peak or whoever we just tune and do out tricks to them. I personally like the Orion stuff they are easy to deal with and stand behind thier work. I am assuming this was a P2K2 that you have had magnet issues with?

Not true, some companies can wind their own arms and glue their own magnets.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Trinity Motors I've had it with these pieces of CRAP!!!!

Originally posted by DavidAlford
Not true, some companies can wind their own arms and glue their own magnets.

Yes companies can wind thier own and glue the magnets, but if they want ot be Roar Legal they have to submit "thier" motor to them to make sure it meets the Roar Standard Guidlines. We just cant sell it to the public if we wind our own and they are not Roar Approved, is that fair to the racer? - NO becouse joe blow's 12 year old kid makes the A main at a Regional or just a big event and they tech it and say sorry its not on the list that Roar submitted to us for approved motors and he gets DQ'd. So yes you can wind your own or whatever but it wont be Roar Legal and most people wont buy it if it isnt Legal.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thats not what I'm talking about. Taking a blank Epic arm and can, winding it and putting magnets in it doesnt make it illegal for Roar. Your not changing the design that was submitted in any way.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Another aspect to take into consideration is that most of the people who work at Orion/Peak are actual racers who know what's fast. Trinity likes to advertise 40 - 50 year old women putting around thier facility. I wonder how many of them race??
Old 07-29-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'm also experimenting with orion motors, so far so good. My personal bad experience with trinity motors all came to a head 2 months ago. I had a brand new p-94 10x2 in a losi XXXT and geared it according to losi's chart (should have been a good ratio since losi and trinity are hand and foot) and ran it less than 2 minutes in my front yard to test it, and all of a sudden it just stopped. When I looked at it it was burning hot and actually melted all the solder joints form the wires and brushes off. I took the arm out and low and behold the solder they use to secure the winding to the comm was also melted off and slung all inside the can, motor was toast. And then my 19T took a dump after 4 runs, magnets were so weak you could spin the comm in the can as if no magnets were even there. I now own 3 orion core's and a orion element, all work fantastic. I was worried that since the core doesnt have the rpm's like a monster it would suffer, but not in the least. I can hang with the best of them on the straights I've now got my eye on a V2 since I've read nothing but high praises on them. Top motors are the way to go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.