Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX
Maybe he's not buying it to make himself a better driver. Some people just like to buy new kits and build them. I myself have bought kits that I just wanted to build to check out how it was engineered. I built them, studied them, raced them, and sold them - some after the first day and had fun doing it. I know people that spend thousands on regular model kits and they don't even move. They just love building the kits. So the guy buys a new Xray kit every time a new one comes out - He builds it, races it, decides whether he wants to keep it and then maybe buys a different kit. Is he taking the money out of your pocket? Why do you care what someone else does with their money?
Shoot, some racers I know buy the new kit and don't even build it for a year!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Well, I hope for Xray's sake...

they made many improvements. Or it will be a whole year of low sales. They got to make it worth wild to buy one for existing T3 owners. All this waiting better be worth it.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Last edited by ChrisP; 09-19-2010 at 07:08 AM. Reason: just gonna bite my tongue...
Old 09-19-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

We need some info
Old 09-19-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
they made many improvements. Or it will be a whole year of low sales. They got to make it worth wild to buy one for existing T3 owners. All this waiting better be worth it.
You mean WORTHWHILE don't you?
Old 09-19-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

It's early; but, I liked worth wild.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
We need some info
As I said before, narrow lipo only chassis, new top deck and dual bellcrank system.
Other than that I haven't seen anything different on cars of Martin and Juraj Hudy yesterday at nationals. True is that their cars did differ - slightly different positions of dual bellcrank systems and shape of top deck. But rest seemed to be the same. Maybe some small length difference here and there, but that's hard to spot by eye.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

At which point will touring chassis hit their dead end? It's crazy how companies hold off on certain developments in order to make a new version. It's all about making money in this tiny market I owned a 416 and a 416x in the same year. Things change over to fast. I need a third job!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Glad to see everyine so PUMPED up about the new car.

All I can say is that I ran the new car at this years IIC and it was good. The new updates that Xray has made were the right ones my car made better traction and had more steering then the first T3.

I am not saying this because I run for them. I am saying this because the updates are better. Wish I could say more but you guys know the deal

Xray should have more info up soon.

Xray is not the only company that comes out with a new car every year, Hell there are some company's that do it twice a year. To be at the front this is what it takes and even when the market is not what it used to be here in the states. It is still a big deal over there.

Thanks Drew
Old 09-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Will the new lipo chassis and parts be interchangeable with the original t3????
Old 09-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Thanks for the info Drew. I'm sure the changes will

improve handling. My only concern for Xray is that they are not making enough perceived changes for people to buy it over their T3. I want to see Xray's new car stomp brand B in sales. lol I hope the new car has some up dated shocks or at least come nice new little features. Just something for people to say, I want Xray car over another brand. I hope Xray really thinks this one out from a marketing point of view as well. Can't wait to see it.

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Glad to see everyine so PUMPED up about the new car.

All I can say is that I ran the new car at this years IIC and it was good. The new updates that Xray has made were the right ones my car made better traction and had more steering then the first T3.

I am not saying this because I run for them. I am saying this because the updates are better. Wish I could say more but you guys know the deal

Xray should have more info up soon.

Xray is not the only company that comes out with a new car every year, Hell there are some company's that do it twice a year. To be at the front this is what it takes and even when the market is not what it used to be here in the states. It is still a big deal over there.

Thanks Drew
Old 09-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

The parts they sent for Paul and I to test we were able to bolt on to are T3, but I have no clue how Xray plans on doing it all. I would think that you could update your kit, but like always it seems better to just buy a new one as for getting your best bang for you buck. All your parts will still work from the T3.

Some of the chages are pretty big for Xray. As for shocks I feel that we have some of the best out there. Don't fix wants not broken.

You also have to think how many company's have touring cars these days. The pie is the same size but the pieces of the pie are smaller. At this years IIC Xray had the most cars at the race. Which I think it says alot about the support the team gives at these races. So with buying an Xray you get a great product and great support from team drivers. What other team has a driver like Paul Lemieux that will stop working on his car to help someone out with there's. I don't see guys like Marc or Hara doing things like that."Not sayong that not nice guys"
Or when you call RCAmerica you can talk with guys like Ralph Burch or get intouch with Paul or me.

So with us its more about the whole package. Were racers helping racers. I feel that is a good marketing plan.

Its the little things that makes people want to buy Xray. Right now the market is flooded with cars, and many of them are good. But its the extra things the team does that helps people make there choice.

If you are every at a race and we are there stop by and talk with us. We are the most easiest team to approch and talk with. And I am sure there are a bunch of guys that can tell you that.

Thanks Drew

Last edited by Drew Ellis; 09-19-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Just dont hand Drew your Pan car (12th or WGT) LOL

EA
Old 09-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

That's for sure. I will just tell you to talk to EA...lol

But the same goes for handing your touring car to EA..lol
Old 09-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

The only thing I am good at on a TC is making sure all the screws are tight! LOL....and usually drew needs that help at a race!

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.