Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
Waiting? For the shipping or for RCMarket to load?
lol Good point. Not only that but the place ships from Hong Kong!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Xray Release some parts !
but unkmow New 308332 composite shock parts had which different ?
Orange aluminum camber links, aluminum shock retainers, shock cap with holes? I still can't get zero rebound with the holes in the caps.

I'll still be waiting for a better designed shock like the Tamiyas. Although, I'm sure many have already purchased the other brand shocks. Why be stubborn Xray? I'll buy them as an upgrade.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCknight
Orange aluminum camber links, aluminum shock retainers, shock cap with holes? I still can't get zero rebound with the holes in the caps.

I'll still be waiting for a better designed shock like the Tamiyas. Although, I'm sure many have already purchased the other brand shocks. Why be stubborn Xray? I'll buy them as an upgrade.
have you tryed xrays alu shocks ? i build both the plastic and the alu with 0-10% rebound
Old 02-18-2011, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

With all the trouble you have, maybe you should take up RC boats.......
Old 02-18-2011, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Three
With all the trouble you have, maybe you should take up RC boats.......
I think there are many that agree the shocks are much harder to get the desired rebound than others designs. They are a pain in the @ss. How many people have to complain about them? It's bad business to tell customers they are wrong and on top of it promise a video that never came. Sorry, but I speak the truth.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think there are many that agree the shocks are much harder to get the desired rebound than others designs. They are a pain in the @ss. How many people have to complain about them? It's bad business to tell customers they are wrong and on top of it promise a video that never came. Sorry, but I speak the truth.
I've been going to Omaha for every Sunday points race this winter season, everyone up there knows i run Xray and will ask me questions, but I have yet to meet you, or if i have you have never asked for any help. (FYI I will miss the race next weekend for the 13.5 race in albuqueree) Maybe instead of posting all your problems on here you should come race and get some help.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HenBeav
I've been going to Omaha for every Sunday points race this winter season, everyone up there knows i run Xray and will ask me questions, but I have yet to meet you, or if i have you have never asked for any help. (FYI I will miss the race next weekend for the 13.5 race in albuqueree) Maybe instead of posting all your problems on here you should come race and get some help.
I thought that RCKnight was Chicago Kenji?
Old 02-18-2011, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
I thought that RCKnight was Chicago Kenji?
I thought he was from omaha unless there are 2 with different spellings or whatever.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

From what I have found you can not get zero rebound on the shock. What I consider Zero rebound is where you compress the shock and it sits there for a second then slowly creeps out 1/4 inch or so. That is zero rebound as there is not enough pressure to change the feel of the shock shaft when you push it in. A shock with rebound will feel stiffer at the bottom of compression and then "pop" right back out to a point. I believe this is what Paul considers zero rebound as well. Maybe someone else has a better method to achieve a truly dead shock.

Ive been to a LOT of races everywhere and can only remember of 1 time I have seen someone with shocks on their car other than Xray shocks. Seen a few pics on here but never at the track other than the 1 time.

EA

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 02-18-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

thank you that explains a lot and helps.

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
From what I have found you can not get zero rebound on the shock. What I consider Zero rebound is where you compress the shock and it sits there for a second then slowly creeps out 1/4 inch or so. That is zero rebound as there is not enough pressure to change the feel of the shock shaft when you push it in. A shock with rebound will feel stiffer at the bottom of compression and then "pop" right back out to a point. I believe this is what Paul considers zero rebound as well. Maybe someone else has a better method to achieve a truly dead shock.

Ive been to a LOT of races everywhere and can only remember of 1 time I have seen someone with shocks on their car other than Xray shocks. Seen a few pics on here but never at the track other than the 1 time.

EA
Old 02-19-2011, 01:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

yes shock cap had hole !
Old 02-19-2011, 07:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Guys...I started my build and have two questions.

1) Manual says to use the 3.5mm plastic caps only with Alu ball diffs or multi-diff. So it means I should use it for the rear dog-bones or don't use them at all?

2) Manual indicates to install composite shim 3.6.2mm while installing steering linkage. Based on the work-flow of the build, I have no more composite shims.
I have a huge table I use for projects, etc and have each bag opened and identified...carefully going through each along my build.

Is this an optional tip I can go ahead without it for now or is this a must install shim?
I have carefully reviewed the entire build.. in case I misplaced parts or used wrong parts... but it seems I am just missing the two shims.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LowBoost
Guys...I started my build and have two questions.

1) Manual says to use the 3.5mm plastic caps only with Alu ball diffs or multi-diff. So it means I should use it for the rear dog-bones or don't use them at all?

2) Manual indicates to install composite shim 3.6.2mm while installing steering linkage. Based on the work-flow of the build, I have no more composite shims.
I have a huge table I use for projects, etc and have each bag opened and identified...carefully going through each along my build.

Is this an optional tip I can go ahead without it for now or is this a must install shim?
I have carefully reviewed the entire build.. in case I misplaced parts or used wrong parts... but it seems I am just missing the two shims.

For the rear, you will need to use the plastic caps. For the front, you can go ahead with the build without the shims, but you'll want to purchase some 1mm and 2mm shims as these will be a tuning aide for the car's bumpsteer. The 2mm shims are the initial setting and works really well for most situations.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Thanks... I'll order the shims and install the caps in the rear
Old 02-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LowBoost
Thanks... I'll order the shims and install the caps in the rear
Any 1 or 2mm shims will work for the steering links, they do not have to be composite. They are a great tuning aid for more or less steering. Thicker shim = more steering according to Martin Hudy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.