R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #4756
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: La Mirada, CA
Posts: 1,041
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=spacendeman;11843535]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grauco View Post

Don't know about the damper stay.. but if you want a complete V5 I also thought that you should buy new bulkheads as they are 0.5 or 1.0mm higher then the X ones.. But please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

My GUESS is that is the difference in the damper stays as well. Perhaps cut shorter to accommodate the taller bulkheads? Maybe someone can measure this? To see if the shock mounting points are the same height on both cars. Anyone converting their X to a V5 might be better off keeping the X damper stays if this is the case.
ittjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #4757
Tech Apprentice
 
sakaguchinet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gruendau, Germany
Posts: 84
Send a message via ICQ to sakaguchinet Send a message via AIM to sakaguchinet Send a message via Skype™ to sakaguchinet
Default

Hi,

the proto car features a new upperdeck construction which is quite similar to Yokomo. I am sure it will work awesome!
__________________
Best Regards,
Dai
http://www.rc-square.de (German and English manufacturers site)
http://www.sakaguchinetshop.com (Tamiya TRF related stuff)
sakaguchinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #4758
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grauco View Post

Don't know about the damper stay.. but if you want a complete V5 I also thought that you should buy new bulkheads as they are 0.5 or 1.0mm higher then the X ones.. But please someone correct me if I'm wrong.
The rear damper stay is the same part as on the 417x so it's +0.5mm. The front damper stay is also the same height but includes some additional holes on the inside. I've never used the front shocks that laid down so I wouldn't worry about upgrading unless you somehow break a tower
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #4759
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: La Mirada, CA
Posts: 1,041
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
The rear damper stay is the same part as on the 417x so it's +0.5mm. The front damper stay is also the same height but includes some additional holes on the inside. I've never used the front shocks that laid down so I wouldn't worry about upgrading unless you somehow break a tower
Thanks for clearing that up Craig.
ittjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #4760
Tech Adept
 
skyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bavaria / Germany
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakaguchinet View Post
the proto car features a new upperdeck construction which is quite similar to Yokomo. I am sure it will work awesome!
Hey Dai,
could you post a picture?
Christian
__________________
[Sanwa M12][Awesomatix A800][Ronalds Yoke BD-7 2014][Roche P12 2016][Asso RC12R5.2][VBC LightningFXM]
skyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:55 AM   #4761
Tech Master
 
Sith Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 1,404
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragobrat View Post
Hi guys, can someone please confirm for me that these spur gears are the correct ones for the trf417 v5 ?

http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control...-spur-gear-64p

XENON RACING PRS-6-116 PR Spur Gear 64P 116T

I have a trf417 v5 on the way and would like to order some 64pitch spur gears for it.
PLus I will get the spacer - Panaracer 417 spur gear spacer (#PRS-SPC).

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
These are the correct spur gears. 116 is probably a bit large for this car, normally for modified we run 111 or 113 just like what comes in the kit.
Sorry to keep bringing up the Spur issue, but what's the difference between the
PRS spurs http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control...-spur-gear-64p
and the VSS spurs http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control...-64p-spur-gear
__________________
Tamiya XV-01 Rally :: Tamiya FAV 2011 :: Proline Pro2 SCB
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #4762
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 321
Default

not sure whos car it is but theres some interesting uses of yokomo parts on this 417v5?

Smartypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #4763
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hollywood California
Posts: 280
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartypants View Post
not sure whos car it is but theres some interesting uses of yokomo parts on this 417v5?


That is Groskamps car!!! You can tell by the Orion equiment.
__________________
SANWA / TEAM ORION / PRO-LINE / PRO-SPEC / P1 BRAND / PROTOFORM

I'm not a Business man, but I'm the Bizzness man!!!
Sean Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #4764
Tech Regular
 
narcotiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartypants View Post
not sure whos car it is but theres some interesting uses of yokomo parts on this 417v5?

Could you point out the yokomo parts? i can't spot any so far...correct me if i'm wrong but the top deck is a V5 top deck
Edit: just spotted the motor bulkheads

Last edited by narcotiks; 02-22-2013 at 03:34 PM.
narcotiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #4765
Tech Master
 
over gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,095
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

yokomo motor mount
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #4766
Tech Master
 
Sith Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 1,404
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Being new to Tamiya, can I ask Why Yokomo aren't owned by Tamiya, are they? Why would factory drivers be using other company parts? Or is that something that all factories do?
__________________
Tamiya XV-01 Rally :: Tamiya FAV 2011 :: Proline Pro2 SCB
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #4767
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,996
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord View Post
Being new to Tamiya, can I ask Why Yokomo aren't owned by Tamiya, are they? Why would factory drivers be using other company parts? Or is that something that all factories do?
Often testing near-compatible parts is subtle, concealed and out of sight. Todays top-tier cars share a lot in terms of geometry and design.

There is a video from TITC in which a camera man is shooting video in the various pit rooms. While visiting the Tamiya, it is clear that the top Tamiya engineers cover up this mod area of the car. The picture above is a lucky picture of what they have going.

If if works out - they will surely have a Tamiya-blue left/right motor mount for asphalt racing.

I think it is great the engineers have a more open mind in what is working for other programs.
__________________
TEAMORCA.SHOP
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #4768
Tech Elite
 
Dusttt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lake Forest
Posts: 2,287
Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default

she is nearly done. I am contemplating taking this car to bed with me
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TRF417-1.jpg   Tamiya TRF417-2.jpg  
__________________
"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot"
Dusttt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #4769
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,251
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
Often testing near-compatible parts is subtle, concealed and out of sight. Todays top-tier cars share a lot in terms of geometry and design.

There is a video from TITC in which a camera man is shooting video in the various pit rooms. While visiting the Tamiya, it is clear that the top Tamiya engineers cover up this mod area of the car. The picture above is a lucky picture of what they have going.

If if works out - they will surely have a Tamiya-blue left/right motor mount for asphalt racing.

I think it is great the engineers have a more open mind in what is working for other programs.
It's interesting to catch that, someones been lucky with the camera.... It's also interesting that they are testing that configuration. On my current vehicle (Serpent Eryx) we can run both a 417V5 style mount, or the BD7 style mount setup out of the box I found the BD7 style to give more mid-rotation than the V5 setup...

Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:54 AM   #4770
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 247
Default

How are you finding the serpent ed?

On my 417 i keep suffering from lift off over steer, current setup is 120wt diff oil ( just under 1500cst) 2deg rear camber 1deg front camber, 3 deg rear toe, 0 front toe, 6 frt 5 rear droop, 40wt shock oil, tamiya blue white springs hardest of the 2 on front, 1c fr Fr split 1c fr rr, 1xa split rr fr 1e rr rr. Rear camber links 3 under inside and outside, front camber links 4 inside 0 outside, front shock fully upright rears half way.

Any ideas. Thanks
scytherat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saudi Arabia RC Club grizzle Manila Racers 6558 01-06-2017 08:50 AM
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 11:02 AM
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X academygaz Electric On-Road 10619 01-01-2015 03:36 PM
Tamiya TA05 IFS rcforum Electric On-Road 1132 12-18-2014 05:19 AM
"Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors JGH Electric On-Road 1996 05-27-2014 06:28 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:50 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net