Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muststopcrashin
just how free is the drive train meant to be, on the car my son has a mi4 and there is no friction all most at all, yet my car seem's to have a fair bit more, it is very smooth just a bit stiff i think, can anyone one think of what is making this happen or is this normal for the car.
The TC6 will probably feel a little more bound up then a Schuie, but it should still spin freely. The belts are pretty stiff in comparison. For stock or super stock racing you should run the belts pretty loose, but for mod they need to be tight to ensure they wont slip.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Is there a hard bumper available for this car? Also, what 64t spur is equivalent to the kit spur?

Last edited by JayBee; 05-02-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Roll centre

Hi,.. guys,..

I am confused here with regards to roll centre.

In the front & rear arm mount, my understanding is ...

- for low grip surface (low traction) - roll centre should be set low (can go as low as 0A in arm mount), so that we can get grip.
- for high grip surface (high traction) - roll centre should be set high (can go as high as 3B in arm mount)

This is clearly stated in TC6 manual, which I quote:
"In general, lower roll centres will effectively make the care softer in roll, allowing the car to lean more in corners.
Lower roll centre positions are good for low traction condition.
If the grip level is high, then raising the roll centre to a higher position will help to stiffen the car in roll making it more stable."

From another internet source with regards to roll centre, which I quote from:
"The suspension mounts offer a lot more in the roll center adjustability. By running a lower roll center, pins closer to the chassis, you will gain more roll in your chassis, which results in less use of the tire. By running a higher roll center, pins higher, you have a car that now drives flatter and places more of a load on the tire for traction. Generally speaking, a lower roll center will have less traction where a higher roll center has more traction. You can easily see this with foam tires, a place where we never use high roll center since it will make the car traction roll due to the increased traction capabilities of the higher roll centers."

Now,... which is correct????
Old 05-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbs
Hi,.. guys,..

- for low grip surface (low traction) - roll centre should be set low (can go as low as 0A in arm mount), so that we can get grip.
- for high grip surface (high traction) - roll centre should be set high (can go as high as 3B in arm mount)

"In general, lower roll centres will effectively make the care softer in roll, allowing the car to lean more in corners.
If the grip level is high, then raising the roll centre to a higher position will help to stiffen the car in roll making it more stable."

"The suspension mounts offer a lot more in the roll center adjustability. By running a lower roll center, pins closer to the chassis, you will gain more roll in your chassis, which results in less use of the tire. By running a higher roll center, pins higher, you have a car that now drives flatter and places more of a load on the tire for traction. Generally speaking, a lower roll center will have less traction where a higher roll center has more traction. You can easily see this with foam tires, a place where we never use high roll center since it will make the car traction roll due to the increased traction capabilities of the higher roll centers."

Generally lower is used in high grip and higher for low grip conditions.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muststopcrashin
just how free is the drive train meant to be, on the car my son has a mi4 and there is no friction all most at all, yet my car seem's to have a fair bit more, it is very smooth just a bit stiff i think, can anyone one think of what is making this happen or is this normal for the car.
Try cleaning the bearings out if you haven't. A lot if grease were in mine. After cleaning the drivetrain spun very free.

Originally Posted by JayBee
Is there a hard bumper available for this car? Also, what 64t spur is equivalent to the kit spur?
I cut the parma bumper for the tc5. You just have to cut some out oft middle.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
so,.. the statement from TC6b manual is not right???
Old 05-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

The Parma T2 Bumper is a very close fit...just a couple of mods and it goes right on. It is also very hard material and makes a huge difference on the car.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Maybell
My understanding is a lower roll centre allows more roll, more pressure on the tyres and hence more grip.......useful in low grip conditions. Conversely, a higher roll centre generates less roll, less pressure on the tyres and is better for high grip.

Check out the XXX Main handbook

Cheers
Old 05-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Can anyone explain the pros and cons of spacing the front and rear wishbone/arm carriers against the chassis, eg. if the front wishbone mount has a 2mm spacer at the front mount and the rear mount of the same arm has 1mm that is making the outer axle pin carry the C hub with a toe out attitude.

Why do this??
Old 05-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MENTAL DENTAL
My understanding is a lower roll centre allows more roll, more pressure on the tyres and hence more grip.......useful in low grip conditions. Conversely, a higher roll centre generates less roll, less pressure on the tyres and is better for high grip.

Check out the XXX Main handbook

Cheers
Generally correct.

Lowering the roll center increases the moment arm length between the roll center and the CG. This will make the car 'want' to roll more since you are not changing the total weight transfer at all. You can reduce the total roll angle via springs and anti-roll bars. In general, a lower roll center will increase grip.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ok guys I need some help. I picked up a TC6 and I need to get to a final drive of 4.0. What spur and pinion will fit to get me where I need to be.

Thanks for the help,
Joe
Old 05-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
Ok guys I need some help. I picked up a TC6 and I need to get to a final drive of 4.0. What spur and pinion will fit to get me where I need to be.

Thanks for the help,
Joe
i use a 64p 100 spur 50 pinion that give you 4.0 it would give you good high speed and good torque.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hobbs
Hi,.. guys,..

Just to add a little more to the roll center topic. Generally you would like to use higher roll center in high grip track and lower roll center at low grip track. As lower roll center will give you a little more grip in corner (as the car roll more) but the car feel slower for direction changes, and will traction roll in high grip situation. Higher roll center can correct the traction roll issue and the car changes direction a lot faster. But sometimes too fast. Usually I like to run higher roll center especially as our track have a lot of direction changes and hair pins. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey

Thanks for the help,
Joe
For 48dp i use 72 spur and 36 pinion, exactly 4.00.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i want to know if any one thinks the front end of this car is fragile ,and are there parts from another company ,like X-RAY ,etc... that are being used on the car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.