Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark the Hammer
That is fine.. But like you said the rules are not into play yet.
Agreed! The rules aren't into play yet. When the rules are created....It'd be interesting to see how they are made up. What is considered spec and what isn't? To me, definition of SPEC means as purchased which would make 98% of the GT8E cars OPEN as most are conversions. I know when the rules are created....SNR and I will have to run in the OPEN class, which makes the debate of the body cutout pointless.

But as most of the real scale racers that want to see a real scale body running then it does not fit..
I respectfully disagree with your opinion, but can definitely respect your position. I believe real scale is interpreted differently by all. It can be looks, speed, performance, etc. All of which, if we multiplie X8 (1/8 scale) would be UNrealistic. But could you imagine a 400+mph car weighing +/- 56lbs? lol.

Then from what you would say I should come out with a bigger 1/8 scale body for them so they get a ton of down force.. Remember it is all for fun..
My exact words were "Ultimately, I really don't care. You can run whatever you want as far as I am concerned." But I would have no problem with you bringing a bigger 1/8 scale body with a ton of down force. It would present a bigger challenge. It'd be that much more fun for me to try and catch up, keep up or pass.

I completely agree with you and most certainly understand it's for fun. My family and friends race once a month and when the moon and stars line up right, perhaps twice. I get more joy seeing the grins on my lil monsters faces as they jump and successfully land their gearbox class vehicles, than I do racing our Toys. SUPER COOL!!!

I really look forward to meeting/racing with you and your core group of racers. My name is Jai and race with Team Nitronic. Our hometrack is Corona and pit behind the driver's stand in the row of pop ups. You're more than welcome to pit with us. Stop by and say hi.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
Well hell if their no rules and honor system I might as well run my Mugen MRX2e it 1/8 and the head does not stick out of the body right.

Only if you make me one too!!! lol. That thing was so much fun to drive that day! Talk about being planted!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Raman
Charlie, you werent supposed to post a picture of my new body, now Jai and Steve are gonna be jealous
I'm already jealous. Your Tamiya is badass bro.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Guys,

One thing we can all agree on is that were supposed to run a buggy based conversion or a dm-1. If you believe the bodies in the class should represent a real GT car, then run one. That's what I do, I run the Kyosho Ferrari. If the results show dominance by a particular type of body, then we will have enough hard data to say to Charlie that a change needs to be made.

My personal belief is that fast guys like Jai and Steve will always be at the top even if they run a burlap sack lol. So I'll let them duke it out and in the meantime the rest of you can compete with me for last place.

Now let's have some fun.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Anybody want to do this race next weekend?

Old 06-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

If a GT body that is designed and made by Americans shows dominance on the track……. Buy it for only $45 bucks!

Attached Thumbnails GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-midwest-series-2011.jpg   GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-brazilian-ipanema-gt-warrior-2011.jpg   GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-lon-burling-ipanema-gt-warrior-race-body.jpg   GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-juans-igt1-n-igt2-warriors.jpg  

Last edited by Jspeed; 06-15-2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: The GT Warrior Rules!
Old 06-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcunamay
Agreed!
I really look forward to meeting/racing with you and your core group of racers. My name is Jai and race with Team Nitronic. Our hometrack is Corona and pit behind the driver's stand in the row of pop ups. You're more than welcome to pit with us. Stop by and say hi.

I have raced with Eric for years back in the day in san diego. My self and kenny Prue have run all over back in the day. We will see you sunday for sure and it will be fun.. With what ever body you run.. Car and drive make up more then a body would ever do. Just as "fangscpo" steve..
Old 06-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Old 06-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
Anybody want to do this race next weekend?

Steve,

If the light post poses a challenge for me in Corona, that chick will make me catatonic rofl.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

I have raced with Eric for years back in the day in san diego. My self and kenny Prue have run all over back in the day. We will see you sunday for sure and it will be fun.. With what ever body you run.. Car and drive make up more then a body would ever do. Just as "fangscpo" steve..
That's for sure! There are folks that can be fast with a lunch box and wheels. I hope to be on that level some day.

Awesome! He's the one the got me to convert my 8b. He KILLED EVERYBODY the first time out with it. lol. Eric doesn't get to race as often any more, but when he does, he is still very fast. damnit. lol.

See you soon.

Last edited by kcunamay; 06-15-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Huh??? I missed that one but then again, I'm a little slow at times and even slower on the track. I'm just happy that I haven't been banned yet for being a disturbance on the track but I got a nice lid.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Raman
My personal belief is that fast guys like Jai and Steve will always be at the top even if they run a burlap sack lol. So I'll let them duke it out and in the meantime the rest of you can compete with me for last place.

Now let's have some fun.
I'm ready to see the Jai and Steve N. show. It's always a good one. I think I've got video of the last race it was all Jai and Steve N.. I was proud to say I came in 3rd.....well only because Jerry's rig caught on fire...nontheless I finished in 3rd.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Ya... speedfreaked90 has one and I have a baja 5 brushless system just for it.. and a 8 cell pack. it is a run what you have???
Yup, sounds like real fun. Now where did I put that 2000in/oz servo for the steering.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
Huh??? I missed that one but then again, I'm a little slow at times and even slower on the track. I'm just happy that I haven't been banned yet for being a disturbance on the track but I got a nice lid.
No little kids on this forum to band people for just posting.. They have another thing coming..The little kidds on the forum can stay little this is a place for big kidds.. Set up or set out.. I see they do not race on-road any more HUMMMMMMM!!!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

No soup for you!
Attached Thumbnails GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-ipanema-warrior-bodies-shop.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.