Wiki Posts
Search

24 Hour RC Race, wow!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
no law in saying we couldnt look back to the past and incorporate some 'RCO' rules in stipulating a 22T pinion with the kit to ramp things up a bit for jackson's nice track.

R
A TT01 is hitting the Jackson track tomorrow night for the first of a few exlporatory runs to figure out just this sort of detail!
Old 06-26-2010, 06:04 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

schweet! feel free to ask a lotta the guys down here for advice harking back to RCO days and its revival in the form of Senior Spec created by the mini man himself, mr RayK.

R
Old 06-26-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

schweet! feel free to ask ...the mini man himself, mr RayK.
R
Ray's experience with SS has already saved me tons of testing/tuning/failuring. Speaking of that crew, I'm keen to see a seasoned crew of Coliseum Senior Spec racers go up against a stacked team of TC national champs. I smell upset on the grill.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:21 PM

how did car testing go?

R
Old 06-27-2010, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

how did car testing go?

R
The generous racer who's letting us borrow the car couldn't get out yesterday, so we took care of some other logistical hurdles and did took "noise measurements" by our neighbor's house to simulate pre-dawn racing.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Since we don't have enough info for an official thread yet, here's an update for those interested enough to read this thread.

Two big steps were taken today ensuring the event is both plausible and supported from a hardware standpoint (cars, parts, tires, etc.). Logistics aside, this boat is going to float!
Old 06-30-2010, 03:06 AM

say the word and my car is ordered.

R
Old 06-30-2010, 03:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Greg - is it going to be buy chassis thru you and build onsite? or bring a seal spec'ed chassis kit and build onsite?

did you get my email from the weekend?
Old 06-30-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

say the word and my car is ordered.
R
Originally Posted by k_bojar
Greg - is it going to be buy chassis thru you and build onsite? or bring a seal spec'ed chassis kit and build onsite?
Working in collaboration with a long standing mom 'n pop hobby shop, we will be offering the kits at the event with significantly better pricing than even Tower can offer! This way everyone is on an even playing field and no one will have to lift a finger leading up to the event. So hold those orders guys, we've got you covered and saved you money all at the same time. That's the beauty of working with good people.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

The tire-test-TT01E is in my hands! We want to ensure that the tire can handle many hours of racing in the dry and wet. It also happens to be inexpensive, with a good looking rim. Rare combination.

I've received countless PMs (and a few hundred emails from a one inquisitive soul) asking for details which I'm happy to answer with as many details as we have ironed out at this early stage.... and to simplify a bit, the best thing interested parties can do is lock down a team of up to 7 racers for late September, tally up every lipo pack you own collectively, and watch the Andernach video and race footage from Jackson's track together over, and over, and over, and over until you pass out. And enjoy the sleep, 'cause once this madness starts, no one is getting any shuteye.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ill be racing mod in my 416x at Jackson and then a few months later it will turn into a tt01 going mach zero for 24 hours. NICE!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Rookie

wow
Old 07-01-2010, 03:10 AM

mach zero ha!

So is what you said a vote on 'building the car start'?

bearings?
friction shocks vs oil?
ally center prop shaft?

i'll be doin some research on what might work and be effective for the project.

when an official flyer and info comes out for event, i will surely pass it on to dave B @ rcdriver...perfect event to cover for an issue.

"...because ryan loves enduros, and enduros are fun.' -david baker, RCD

R
Old 07-01-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Adept

Our series and the German race run the same config/rules. Only diff is tires type and that is due to local track and cost considerations. I can recommend the same, keeps costs down, its fun, and is all proven to work/last the distance/time:

Only two hops allowed:
Bearings
Gearing - the 53665 gearset. This gives a higher topspeed.

Since everybody uses both there is no effect on parity and makes the racing more enjoyable. And without bearings the kit is unlikely to last

Shocks - The first year we used the kit std no moding (same in Germany). For the first race this year (we have 3) oil shocks and any silver type kit spring were allowed. This caused confusion, grief, and whispers / aggravation about cheating when it caused some team tires to overheat, underheat and generally be problematic. This was a spoiler. Stick with the original rules, kit friction shocks and springs only. They work fine. Infact they are better because there is no maintenance.

Propshaft and all other part are completely kit (plastic) std. The car lasts the distance. No need to change anything and spend more money.

Everyone the same and have fun. 2 sets of tires, a third set is at cost and incurs a number of penalty laps, same for motor swapping. I can't remember how many laps penalty as we never use it! But I will check and post it up.

Also a min number of team members helps. 3 at least. The lowest budget team also managed on just 4 lipos and 2 chargers!
Old 07-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Shangrila: That's exactly what I heard from other sources, so thank you for reiterating at length that hop-ups aren't necessary! Your personal experience is worth years of trial and error on our end. Looking forward to more info from you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.