Wiki Posts
Search

RCGT....Where is it at now?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
Now if you use 24mm tires on 26mm rims, wouldn't the problem then be the traction? I mean with the insert in there are well, wouldn't it be like pumping 90lbs of pressure into your tires? In turn, wouldn't that also cause more wear?

Looks like the next major topic is tires. LOL! But at least the other parts of the rules are now solid. Which is good.
Harry, try it first. I been running mine for 2 months with minimal wear and MAX grip. This is when you TRY it then tell us if you like it.

Enjoy!
Old 06-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Thanks.
Could I get a "show of hands" of those who would just like to keep the x-patterns as the standard ?? Thanks
Show of hand.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by reenmachine
That's all this is, but with some debate over tires and closing a loophole that allowed gigantic unrealistic wings on some bodies.

I thouht the wing loophole was closed a long time ago.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin K

The problem is that not all tracks are equal. I have raced my RCGT car on a track that eats tires for lunch then on to another track with very little wear. This is with turbo and no turbo. Just because you are noticing no wear issues at your local track doesnt mean there isnt an issue. I dont think anyone is looking for an open tire rule more so then some guidline of what tires are "Legal" under the RCGT name. If the rule can be written that its up to the host track then cool but the problem becomes if you go to another track you might not know what the tire is legal there. Thats why people are looking for a way to help change the situation and make it better.
I agree that not all tracks are created equal. I was also thinking about the can of worms that a certain orgaization created when it allowed any 21.5 in VTA and the confusion and aggrivation it caused with USVTA rules.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Harry, try it first. I been running mine for 2 months with minimal wear and MAX grip. This is when you TRY it then tell us if you like it.

Enjoy!
Hey Charlie,

Can you PM me what I tire I should get and what insert? I can check with Speedtechrc.com and see if they have what you are recommending.

My track is quite coarse and it is like ice-skating sometimes. So I was thinking something equal to Jaco Greens.

Right now I am open to trying anything out and will be making orders and doing some testing.

Thanks!!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Keep in mind that you will get a reduction in air gap when using 24mm tires on 26mm wheels. Use he thinnest insert you can find to maintain airgap.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

show of hands 2
Old 06-22-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FREAKAH
Keep in mind that you will get a reduction in air gap when using 24mm tires on 26mm wheels. Use he thinnest insert you can find to maintain airgap.
Oh I am quite aware, hence my analogy of pumping in 90 lbs of pressure into your car's tires. If there is no air gap, then you may risk having less surface area of the tire connecting with the asphalt/carpet.

Also, what is the best method of gluing on 24mm tires on a 26mm rim? Rubber band it down in the center to push the sides out to the rims?
Old 06-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Show of Hand = 3
Old 06-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hands down
Old 06-23-2010, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

By the way, what gearing is everyone running in the Citrix Combo for RCGT? Because it seemed dog slow whether using 45/104 or 45/96. The punch was only slightly noticeable, but the speeds were identical. Motor temperature never broke 110 degrees.

I was using the Thunder Power (claims) 50C 5200 battery.

I am thinking about using the SP version 3 motor with this combo and see what happens.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Why would you go and do that ? Isn't the idea of SPEC'ing the class the direction behind the Combo ?

We are running around 3.5 FDR for outdoors asphalt..

By the way, what gearing is everyone running in the Citrix Combo for RCGT? Because it seemed dog slow whether using 45/104 or 45/96. The punch was only slightly noticeable, but the speeds were identical. Motor temperature never broke 110 degrees.

I was using the Thunder Power (claims) 50C 5200 battery.

I am thinking about using the SP version 3 motor with this combo and see what happens.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Why would you go and do that ? Isn't the idea of SPEC'ing the class the direction behind the Combo ?

We are running around 3.5 FDR for outdoors asphalt..
It is, but given how drastic the changes I made to try and get some sort of speed and punch out of the combo, it looked like there was barely any noticeable difference. Being on a large track, it feels like I am running a 23.5 BL motor. Since the RCGT series is almost done at my track, gotta start planning for the fall if there is any interest, or next summer.

If I join the RCGT race now with this combo, I am going to be the pace car.

I am running a 4.3 FDR on the TA05v2. Still feels like it has zero speed. Motor has not broken above 110, battery is a TP 5200 50C. The drive train is smooth as ice. So I am at a loss here.

Previous combo I was running was a Tekin RSPro ESC with boost/turbo/timing turned off. The motor I was running was a SP v3 motor with no advanced timing. But the software the Tekin had on it was FW 203. So even with everything turned off, that combo was oodles faster than this current combo.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

You are geared too low. Some people are going as low as the low 3's. We are running around the mid 3's at our track and the Cirtix is VERY fast.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

I have run mine at a few different tracks, but on a BIG track, gearing around 3.3 would be in the ballpark. I ran mine against an SPX - Duo combo, and the car was pretty close..

Maybe you have a Dud.... it happens sometime...

It is, but given how drastic the changes I made to try and get some sort of speed and punch out of the combo, it looked like there was barely any noticeable difference. Being on a large track, it feels like I am running a 23.5 BL motor. Since the RCGT series is almost done at my track, gotta start planning for the fall if there is any interest, or next summer.

If I join the RCGT race now with this combo, I am going to be the pace car.

I am running a 4.3 FDR on the TA05v2. Still feels like it has zero speed. Motor has not broken above 110, battery is a TP 5200 50C. The drive train is smooth as ice. So I am at a loss here.

Previous combo I was running was a Tekin RSPro ESC with boost/turbo/timing turned off. The motor I was running was a SP v3 motor with no advanced timing. But the software the Tekin had on it was FW 203. So even with everything turned off, that combo was oodles faster than this current combo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.