Wiki Posts
Search

RCGT....Where is it at now?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Running list....

i think everyone agrees on this.. QUOTE this post and add your name to this list. the "fine details" (i.e using ROAR's approved non boost esc list, etc) will be ironed out later.

RCGT Rule #1.
- No boost escs

1. Hebiki
Old 06-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

RCGT Rule #1.
- No boost escs

1. Hebiki
2. HarryN
Old 06-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

RCGT Rule #1.
- No boost escs

1. Hebiki
2. HarryN
3. BigO
Old 06-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

RCGT Rule #1.
- No boost escs

1. Hebiki
2. HarryN
3. BigO
4. svines1972
Old 06-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

This ROCKS !! Thanks Andy for taking some time to address the folks. To all those I've personally talked to....Thanks for your help and input. Our club is excited to offer a true Sportsman level RCGT program again.
BTW , for those that don't know Shawn Palmer from Speed Passion......he's a helluva good guy to deal with. The Cirtix in both forms will be proudly offered to our club members. Irregardless of price, There are some great electronics out there and we all have some options. Now lets get back to racing !!!
BTW, you guys on big tracks are probably right....the 21.5 may seem slow. The VTA folks know this well. But put a 21.5 in it's element ....on a smaller, more technical, more realistic track and watch how it shines !!! Either way, at least now we MAY have that option.

Last edited by Evoracer; 06-11-2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: I screwed up..what else !
Old 06-11-2010, 02:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

RCGT Rule #1.
- No boost escs

1. Hebiki
2. HarryN
3. BigO
4. svines1972
5. Adam B. (not that you needed me to formally tell you)
Old 06-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hope the insert rule can be updated since this is the foam insert is the big reason for high tire wear in asphalt racing.

It's one thing to sacrifice performance for scale reasons but It gets counter productive when the tire insert combo is a money pit.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Will ESC's like the Tekin RS, XERun, etc still be allowed since these ESC's offer stock software where all timing advance, boost, etc can be turned off?
Old 06-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TYLORD
Will ESC's like the Tekin RS, XERun, etc still be allowed since these ESC's offer stock software where all timing advance, boost, etc can be turned off?
Simply put....No.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by abailey21
RCGT Rule #1.
- No boost escs

1. Hebiki
2. HarryN
3. BigO
4. svines1972
Oh..but we do Mon' Sewer !!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Francis M.
I hope the insert rule can be updated since this is the foam insert is the big reason for high tire wear in asphalt racing.

It's one thing to sacrifice performance for scale reasons but It gets counter productive when the tire insert combo is a money pit.
Francis, I think this situation can remain in a state of flux for awhile. The honest answer is that the greater majority of both experienced and inexperienced drivers aren't seeing this as a problem. I suppose the greater answer is that if at some time in the future, based on increased response, it appears there is a widespread tire problem.....it will be looked at. As of now, that doesn't appear to be the case.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ....

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Francis, I think this situation can remain in a state of flux for awhile. The honest answer is that the greater majority of both experienced and inexperienced drivers aren't seeing this as a problem. I suppose the greater answer is that if at some time in the future, based on increased response, it appears there is a widespread tire problem.....it will be looked at. As of now, that doesn't appear to be the case.
FYI..here are some thing's we've tried and they're results (so someone else can at least read this and choose to not go through the same process again).

Stock foam inserts only rule

On the plus side...it keeps it simple for the newbies and seasoned RCGT guys since you just use what ever comes in the package.

You need to define that it is the stock insert that comes with that particular X-Pattern (ie. D comps comes with slightly different inserts than Pro Comps due to the fact that they are not manufactured at the same location)

Doesn't work (or at least satisfy everyone) unless you are committed to teching the inserts at every event (I've lost count on how many times I/we have been accused of using cheater inserts )

Complaints from people about tire wear at high bite/high speed tracks due to foam insert float/deformation within the tire

Open inserts rule

Great for those wanting to be able to fine tune the performance of they're tires since there are tons of possibilities

Makes it simple since you would only have to tech the tires. Easy to do since they are easily identifiable. Even if an organizer chose a specific compound X-Pattern, the D comps have different (larger) sized hpi racing logos than the Pro Comps (...and the belted one doesn't swell up compared to the non belted ones)

Potential gigantic money pit and frustration because of the same above reason

So..just some FYI's that we've explored/discussed

Old 06-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by andyh

In a nutshell it's about dreaming of that Falken GT2 Porsche 911 at Laguna Seca, realizing that you're not a racing driver and/or have millions of dollars to do it, and wanting to replicate it in 1/10th scale RC form. Because then you're main goal would be getting a realistic body, realistic livery, BBS wheels etc etc. And not sacrificing any of that for the sake of RC performance.
In my opinion, this is what R/C racing should be about and not just an RCGT thing.

Originally Posted by andyh
The RCGT format has always left itself open as far as specific track/organizers are concerned as long as the spirit of the format is in play.
Some appear to be trying to over complicate things rather than using the spirit of RCGT as a guide.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to explain where your ideas came from. I raced the Cal Speedway event and as you know I have been a big fan of RCGT since it started. When I was excited and speaking about participating I was accused of trying to ruin the class even though the spirit of the class has nothing to do with ability.

I hope the spirit of the class lives on and it is not bogged down by over regulation and specs which unfortunately seems to be the direction it is headed.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
In my opinion, this is what R/C racing should be about and not just an RCGT thing.

Some appear to be trying to over complicate things rather than using the spirit of RCGT as a guide.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to explain where your ideas came from. I raced the Cal Speedway event and as you know I have been a big fan of RCGT since it started. When I was excited and speaking about participating I was accused of trying to ruin the class even though the spirit of the class has nothing to do with ability.

I hope the spirit of the class lives on and it is not bogged down by over regulation and specs which unfortunately seems to be the direction it is headed.
Well said Rick !! I hope this discussion hasn't made anyone feel like a tremendous amount of changes should or would be made. Lots of ideas and opinions have been voiced but the reality is that RCGT is still a great program and with some subtle UPDATING can be as good as it was originally intended to be. I think the end result will show that. More importantly, it needs drivers like you to keep supporting that thought and someone to occasionally remind everyone of it.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
RCGT Rule #1.
- No boost escs

1. Hebiki
2. HarryN
3. BigO
4. svines1972
6.trackdesigner71
Im in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.