Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by highwayman
i suggest the FF:

1. more rear toe-in, 3 degress
2. sorex tires
3. sorex b inserts
4. hard dish rims (tamiya, much more or yokomo)
5. red springs
6. front diff
7. mazda body
Thanks m8 , that will give me a good starting point.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool

Roger that guys, new springs, shocks and the black belt kit,
One question, what is the 540 class?
Thanks again!
Old 06-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cool Guy Racing
Thanks again!
Where people race the Tamiya,Mabuchi silver can 540 motors.Its a step down from stock racing.

Sean
Old 06-12-2005, 01:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks again!
Its a budget class for newcomers or people who just dont want to or cant afford the cost of the higher leval racing, As Duratrax said we use the siver can. the xxxs is a great car for this class, mainly up against ta04, tbo2 and older x-rays.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool

Thanks for the info Guys! Is anyone going to the IIC Race in Vegas? Do you know if there are still any opens/hotel rooms left? Thanks again for any info.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the info Guys! Is anyone going to the IIC Race in Vegas? Do you know if there are still any opens/hotel rooms left? Thanks again for any info.
I think there should be room left for a few more racers. There is a thread here about the race.

On a different note, has anyone had issues with there rear camber link ball studs rubbing the top of there rim? I was using the MF aluminum hubs and put on some graphite ones and am experiencing this. I think the losi short neck ball studs should fix this. Part # losa6008.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just bought a brand new G+ kit... assembling it right now and it seems like half of the ball cups are ass. (they bind once popped on the ball ends) Anyone else notice this? Are the RPM ball cups better?

Can't wait to get the car up and running. I know it's the older kit, but it seems like there's still lots of bugs to work out on the new car. I just couldn't find anything else that I could simply build out of the box and be happy with. Keeping this thread alive.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you are having problems with the ballcups you can either buy the rpm's like you mentioned (some of them are ass but some are good) or you can take out one of your ball studs and chuck it into your dremel, them pop on every Losi ball cup you have and spin it for a second or two, thius makes them super smooth
Old 06-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Jusy boought

i just bought a used xxx-s g+ what should i buy for it. i heard something about a black belt kit. any thing else. I also am gonna buy th ecarbon fiber3.0mm shock towers.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

The Losi ball ends are better in one reguard as opposed to the RPM. The Losi's are thinner and will not touch or bind on the hubs and carriers like the thicker RPM ones will. Plus, if the brand new ball cups are tight the first time youpop them on then simply take a pair of pliars and gently squeeze the ball cup( when its mounted on the ball). This will " seat the ball inside the ball cup and free it up without causing too much slop. I love Losi kits and have run them forever, but, after several race days your ball cups will get loose if not too loose!!! When, not if, they get too loose then cut a small square of a plastic parts bag about the same size as the ball cup hole but leave the square edges on it. Poke it into the ball cup and pop it back on. When you do this it will take out the slop in between the cup and ball. Good Luck Gents.

Brant
Old 06-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racer030
i just bought a used xxx-s g+ what should i buy for it. i heard something about a black belt kit. any thing else. I also am gonna buy th ecarbon fiber3.0mm shock towers.
Get the black belt kit, it is worth the money!!! Then pick up a Buds XXXS front lower bumper brace. This will save you lots of broken bumpers and arms. The cool guy aluminum stuff is good except for hubs and usually arms because they will not break but will bend. The aluminum battery brace is a good idea and get the Dynamite or Francis motor heat sink. The Dynamite one has the motor strap built into it so its a better deal then the Francis heat sink and motor clamp. Good Luck!

Brant
Old 06-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Dynamite motor clamp/heatsink is probably the best bang for the buck accessory I have on my XXX-S... The problem is that, as I understand it, Dynamite has discontinued it -- at least the local hobby shop cannot find it from any of their distributors....
Old 06-14-2005, 09:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

doesnt all the alumanum parts get heavy. im only gonna be doing racing no bashing what so ever. and can you give me a link to the bumper theing. thanks

Mike
Old 06-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer030
doesnt all the alumanum parts get heavy. im only gonna be doing racing no bashing what so ever. and can you give me a link to the bumper theing. thanks

Mike
www.brpracing.com
Old 06-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Do you guys think i should get the 3.0mm carbon fiber shock towers? i like them because they are lite what do you guys think. Do you now a place were i can pick up a woven carbon fibe chassis?

thanks

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.