Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

My main problem with a one way was on the straight. It would not accelerate straight and taking off from a dead stop it always pulled to the right severly. Whats up with that. I instantly went faster with a diff. I'm not the type that wrecks alot. I know how fast I can go with a given setup and drive accordingly.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That sounds like the right front one way bearing may have been bad. When you are on power with a oneway, the front wheels are locked, just like a spool. So if the car is pulling to the right, your left front is driving faster than the right. soundls like the right front oneway bearing is slipping or something. You said all you changed was the oneway to the diff and it went away?
Old 02-17-2004, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Yes when I changed it went away. I'll look into a new way when the season starts again to give it a try.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah, I've never had that problem down the straight. At least not since I got rid of my TC3
Old 02-17-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

It was weird to say the least.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Default Homer

Ask that dude for help..... he knows all the little tricks.....
Old 02-18-2004, 05:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by J.Filipow
Pucho- What is the status with RPM in Orlando? I used to run at CPT and then FCCR in Jacksonville pretty frequently, both of which were fun carpet tracks...I am looking forward to running carpet at RPM soon.
It should be a few more weeks all of the construction (major) should be done by sometime next week. We will be updating the site with a schedule and more info as soon as we get the go ahead. You can go to the rcscorignpro site for some pics.

PICS

Luis
Old 02-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Post One Way, Spool, Diff

Preference for these setups depends alot on driving style!!! I almost never use brakes and I like to throttle steer. I went from a diff to a one way and instantly picked up .5 sec/lap on asphalt!!! All the guys at the carpet track run/ran spools. I went from a spool to a diff and found .2 sec/lap. For me the following is true.
Oneway=carries speed during turn in and mid corner,great on-power steering.
Diff=good all around control and balanced steering/power but doesn't carry speed well unless ran loose(not good for mod motors)
Spool=off power push,doesn't carry speed in the corner,great on power steering

Honestly If the carpet track reopens I'll probably try a one way there at least once. I also can't wait for BK Bones to be released, talk about carrying speed!!!!
Old 02-19-2004, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

Default Snowbirds-19t Oval Touring class

I think this is the second year that an oval touring car class was run.
I wonder if any one has any information on this class.

besides 19turn motors were their any other special rules?

How were the XXX-S setup to run in this class.
I would be interested on what if any modifications were made or allowed.

Also any advice on how to best drive a touring car on an oval track would be appreiciated.

Thanks in advance,
Old 02-19-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Umm....I think the best way would to turn left around four times, go straight some.....and don't hit anything!

I don't think anyone really paid much attention to the touring oval....was kinda slow compared to the other oval classes. I did see a few xxxs oval cars, but didn't really watch.

Later EddieO
Old 02-19-2004, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

hey guys just FYI, the associated clamping hubs suck, if you are gonna use the associated hubs, use the plastic ones.

the reason being is that i am finding the the AE clamping hubs will get shoved in against the bearing and bind up the drive train, this will hapen even without hitting anything.

the best setup by far is to use the stock losi hubs, with a tamiya 1mm wheel spacer, no binding this way.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Post AE hexes

From what I understand the AE hexes are going to be moot point on carpet as the new trc 28mm rims have a 2 mm offset. This is supposed to eliminate the rubbing @ max steering input and bring the wheel base up to full max width
Old 02-19-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default t hodge article on rubber tire setup.

Any one have a copy of T. Hodges article on xxxs setup with rubber tires that they can post or email. I have the one for foam tires.

thanks,

Jamie
Old 02-19-2004, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Re: AE hexes

Originally posted by Poppa Ray
From what I understand the AE hexes are going to be moot point on carpet as the new trc 28mm rims have a 2 mm offset. This is supposed to eliminate the rubbing @ max steering input and bring the wheel base up to full max width
exactly, but in the meantime we are stuck with having to use the alternatives
Old 02-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: t hodge article on rubber tire setup.

Originally posted by senna555
Any one have a copy of T. Hodges article on xxxs setup with rubber tires that they can post or email. I have the one for foam tires.

thanks,

Jamie
Go to the TEAMLOSI.COM site for it...And others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.