Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by EddiRossi
I mainly use it to increase or reduce the weight transfer on front and rear end of the car. Example, immediately before a sharp corner, power off, the weight of the car is transferred to the front end. Increasing rear effective droop, we increase the amount of weight transfer to the front and so the off-power steering.
Exiting the corner, power on, the weight is transferred to the rear end. Increasing front effective droop, we increase weight transfer to the rear and so we reduce on-power oversteer.
But these are only my experiences, maybe I am wrong!

EddiRossi.

make's perfect sense to me, usually i set my rear ride height .5mm higher in the rear, to gain a bit of steering, next time, ill try reducing the front effective droop,
Old 11-06-2003, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

with regards the rear toe, my electric cars never seems to have equal toe-in, it doesn't really bother me that much, as long as the difference is no more than 1/2 a degree or so.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:22 AM
The Evicerator

Sometimes there seems to be a bit of variation between 1/2 degree blocks and between 1 degree blocks... I've driven my car with different toe in on either side and generally it's not really catastrophic if you have a varition of 1/2 from side to side...

On flat tracks (like what most people run on) I don't think that it's too big a deal... it's obviously better if they're equal on both sides...but it shouldn't really ruin your night of racing...

just my input... if anyone cares
Old 11-06-2003, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Super Steve
what length threaded shocks do you recommend?
Thanks

the losi xxx's has specific shock bodies and shock shafts for the front and rear.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by JitsuGuy
Well, either way, I can tell you it sucks... A lot of money on this car, and I can't get one tire to face the right direction... Must be a glitch in the matrix.

Jits

haven't watched it yet... have to build my car for saturday.

... anyway, how big is the difference in toe-in?
Old 11-06-2003, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by highwayman
the losi xxx's has specific shock bodies and shock shafts for the front and rear.
yes, so which length should I run?
I beleive you can run 2 different lengths in front?
Old 11-06-2003, 03:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default shock lenght

I was wondering which lenght you are running overall on the losi shocks. Front and rear... Mine seems to be a bit short, when I adjust the droop it don`t seems right... Driving with gp+ shocks

Anyone notice that the chassi isn`t straight? I hate it, the toe in don`t seems right on both sides either... A bit more on the left side when you see the car from back to forward

Happy Racing all of you!!!!
Old 11-06-2003, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: shock lenght

Originally posted by sturla
I was wondering which lenght you are running overall on the losi shocks. Front and rear... Mine seems to be a bit short, when I adjust the droop it don`t seems right... Driving with gp+ shocks

Anyone notice that the chassi isn`t straight? I hate it, the toe in don`t seems right on both sides either... A bit more on the left side when you see the car from back to forward

Shock length-If you are using ruber tires the length is going to very depending on the front pivot support you are using.

Same with foam,but you will also have to adjust length with tire size...A good starting point would be to make them just long enough so there is no pre load on the spring.

To fix the toe problem on the car all you have to do is run a different hub on the side with more toe.Example- you want 2 degree toe per side-use a 0degree on right and a 1/2 degree right on the left side(doing this will take away 1/2 degree)..The TC3 is the same way and is an easy fix.

Good Luck
Brian Jucha
Old 11-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

To me that's not a fix... It's rig job. I want to know what is causing it and address it. Tomorrow, I'm going to buy the 1 degree toe-in carriers again and hope that fixes it... I didn't notice this with the 1/2 degree blocks, because it really is a sever difference between the right side and left side with the new blocks on there, at least 1 degree, probably more.

Thanks,
Jits
Old 11-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by Evicerator
Sometimes there seems to be a bit of variation between 1/2 degree blocks and between 1 degree blocks... I've driven my car with different toe in on either side and generally it's not really catastrophic if you have a varition of 1/2 from side to side...

On flat tracks (like what most people run on) I don't think that it's too big a deal... it's obviously better if they're equal on both sides...but it shouldn't really ruin your night of racing...

just my input... if anyone cares
My feelings exactly!

When I first got my G+ I used to put alot of time and effort into getting the rear toe equal..... then I broke a 1/2 carrier and had to use equal carriers on each side...... and it didn't make a difference, so I didn't worry about it anymore, just this time while I was setting the car up on my integy guages I decided to check rear toe with the 1 deg. offset blocks and it is equal go figure!!!
Old 11-06-2003, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Has anyone bought another set of hubs to rule out whether they're the problem or not?

Thanks,
J
Old 11-07-2003, 02:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Super Steve
yes, so which length should I run?
I beleive you can run 2 different lengths in front?

.28 shock shaft with the shorter body in front, .36 shock shaft in the rear with the longer body.

you cannot interchange them as you will have problems with ride height and droop settings.
Old 11-07-2003, 02:17 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: shock lenght

Originally posted by sturla

I havent measured my shock length, but my front droop is 3 on the guage, rear is 2, and i get this through adjusting the shock eyelet.
Old 11-07-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Default chassis set up tools

I been trying to adjust some suspension settings on my XXX-S.

I have been able to do some rough settings using graph paper, a protractor and an accurate small metric ruler.

Are there any reasonably priced devices to allow you to set the toe in, camber, caster, adjust the shocks, etc. accurately.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

get the integy setup blocks for $50 it's worth every penny...or you can get some setup wheels and camber, toe, ride height guages...ive seen some people who bought this setup for the first time and felt drastic changes (good changes) on the handling on their car...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.