Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

lol yeah everything is possible on the mach it seems. I still have that burned chemical smell in my nostrils from one of many that blew up. The guy was standing next to me in the pits with a crispy burned esc on his chassis. Even after an hour it smelled. Any thorough testing done with the stock club esc?
Old 05-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Can't wait to do some testing on this ESC...
Old 05-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
lol yeah everything is possible on the mach it seems. I still have that burned chemical smell in my nostrils from one of many that blew up. The guy was standing next to me in the pits with a crispy burned esc on his chassis. Even after an hour it smelled. Any thorough testing done with the stock club esc?
Any Speed Control will burn up if you abuse it trust me I'm pretty well known on that I tend to push my equipment to it's full potential but sometime I over do it, at my club if I go really fast all my friend always tells me oppsss their it goes he did again then puff
Old 05-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I just edited the thread name. The product name is Cirtix not Citrix .
Old 05-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

I guess I need glasses now I'm going blind.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

those cirtix enspire2.0 were not abused. When the first few burned up the drivers used the fdr that the distributor told them to use and they still burned after that. It is not only one that it happend to but quite a lot. Even with very experienced drivers the esc burned when used with a mild fdr.

Not that it matters as they are using the stock club now (they changed it from enspire to stock club) but those enspire's were just not up to the job with the 3000kv sensorless motors. (or it had to be a very bad batch)
Old 05-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation

Anyone else out there who wants to get in on this great program from Speed Passion? Please post if you're interested; we need to keep this thread alive and in view of all those who frequent the rctech.net forums. I truely believe this will be great for all forms of electric rc car racing, and therefore deserves as much attention as we can direct to it!!
Old 05-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

this sounds like something worth experimenting with...how much would it cost if you just wanted to get one for yourself?
Old 05-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Depends on where you buy it. TQ Racing had it for $134.99 for the general public.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

I'm waiting for my cirtix stock club esc/motor combo for testing will update everyone how the testing goes.. I truly believe this will save stock class and make it fun again where driver win the race and not their equipment..
Old 05-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speed Passion Cirtix Models

Originally Posted by TimPotter
I just edited the thread name. The product name is Cirtix not Citrix .
Good Job.

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Any Speed Control will burn up if you abuse it trust me I'm pretty well known on that I tend to push my equipment to it's full potential but sometime I over do it, at my club if I go really fast all my friend always tells me oppsss their it goes he did again then puff
those cirtix enspire2.0 were not abused. When the first few burned up the drivers used the fdr that the distributor told them to use and they still burned after that. It is not only one that it happend to but quite a lot. Even with very experienced drivers the esc burned when used with a mild fdr.

Not that it matters as they are using the stock club now (they changed it from enspire to stock club) but those enspire's were just not up to the job with the 3000kv sensorless motors. (or it had to be a very bad batch)

NO wonder,
Cirtix Inspire is Sensoreless only it will have a lots of Cogging.
and may cause burned if failed.
Cirtix Stock Club is only 90A that smell come up no wonder

Why not Cirtix RR or Cirtix Pro

Cirtix RR come with 380A
Cirtix PRO come with 400A

Cirtix PRO will make a lots different , almost like GT 2.xx PRO.

and Only at Cirtix PRO the DRRS Level is Level 1 reach Level 12.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by charlie_b
We have been testing these units locally in both carpet(90x45) and outdoor Asphalt(170x70) and in both instances ran VERY successfully. Temping at about 100*F and is VERY fast when geared right. We already had over 25 units sold in the last 8 days. Our Series using the Cirtix Spec System seems like it will be a very successful one.

Our series will be for RCGT SPEC and SEDAN SPEC.
According to Charlie_b they have tested this Cirtix Stock Club esc/Sportsman V2 17.5 combo extensively with great results! So, I'm not sure why some of you are so concerned about these units. Looks to me that they work fine and don't suffer from some of the problems that other Cirtix esc's had.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

This should be a great ESC for all the new 21.5T Stock SPEC classes. It is also on the ROAR list of Non-timing ESC's
Old 05-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am looking forward to getting my new speedo.

I recieved an email from the race organisor and he said we can gear up to 3.5:1

can the speedo take this it seems high to me but i am used to gearing at about 7.0 for our large track with the new gen stock spec speedos
Old 05-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
I am looking forward to getting my new speedo.

I recieved an email from the race organisor and he said we can gear up to 3.5:1

can the speedo take this it seems high to me but i am used to gearing at about 7.0 for our large track with the new gen stock spec speedos
With all our testing, in both a 90x45 carpet track and 170x70 asphalt track, the temps are a little under 117*F(with no fan on motor). 3.5FDR is the right gearing for this set up. Because there is ZERO timing on the motor, it is more sensitive to your gearing choice. Less pinion, more punch. More pinion, more top end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.