Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A.Wojtecki
Just finished kitting mine all out and it weighs in at 1329g with GM motor, Tekin RS Pro, Ko Propo PDS-2367 and IP 5600mah 50C lipo. This is a serious improvement on my Moorespeed Cyclone which was about 30g overweight. I've checked the balance and it seems that actually the battery side has a greater moment around the centreline so I might have to add some masses behind the motor to balance it out.
This is with the kit totally as standard apart from the pistons which I've changed for the 3 hole items. I imagine that further significant weight savings could be made by replacing the steel turnbuckles and screws with titanium versions and replacing the spool with a Litemodz version.
So the kit comes with 2 hole pistons???
Old 08-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Absolutely, the pistons are two-holes...

Actually the problem with the 540 motor does not come from the purple support but from the carbon top deck... The round design does not allow to set the motor in the most rear position... Personnaly, I dremelized it!

Concerning the battery, I did not mount all the system, with "cage" and top bar... I use old-style servo plot (You know, from Pro4, the round ones) and put them one in the front, one on the rear and two under the top deck. So my battery is now very close from the belt... Orion Molecular are a perfect match, by micrometer!

Do you want some photos?
Old 08-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Airwave
Absolutely, the pistons are two-holes...

Actually the problem with the 540 motor does not come from the purple support but from the carbon top deck... The round design does not allow to set the motor in the most rear position... Personnaly, I dremelized it!

Concerning the battery, I did not mount all the system, with "cage" and top bar... I use old-style servo plot (You know, from Pro4, the round ones) and put them one in the front, one on the rear and two under the top deck. So my battery is now very close from the belt... Orion Molecular are a perfect match, by micrometer!

Do you want some photos?
Thanks for the info. Just curious why when every set up has the 3 hole pistons?
Old 08-16-2010, 04:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Thanks for the info. Just curious why when every set up has the 3 hole pistons?
lol
most of the team setups have all sorts of wierd parts we can't buy/get, just like the Photon
Old 08-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
If you look hard enough he has the battery double sided taped in, most believe that it helps with equal chassis flex.
don't read too much into the battery being held in, it was purely for photo purposes... I use tape just like everyone else lol

as for amount of screws for the spur, I can't remember off hand, but however many it is for the removal of the top deck.

Hth
luke
Old 08-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JayL
lol
most of the team setups have all sorts of wierd parts we can't buy/get, just like the Photon
We have been running 3 hole pistons since they came out so I'm just shocked that they aren't offered as standard in this kit.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

I would point something out about the battery fiber taped on the chassis.
90% of drivers use this technic (and so do I).
A lot of people used to tight up the tape and apply on the battery.
Have you guys ever seen what happens at the end of the run, if the battery gets swollen, even a bit, it's quite enough to bend the chassis !
That means we run with a tweaked chassis without notice...

I agree that the tray and battery bar looks like toy, but this solution is quite far to be stupid.
To keep the ease of the fiber, I take good care of the battery locators (servo plot, extra lead weight, whatever..) but I apply the fiber tape a bit loose to compensate the potential "swelling effect".
Old 08-16-2010, 11:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A.Wojtecki
No, the kit servo posts are plastic. However I was surprised at just how solid they feel - I don't feel any urgent need to change them for the aluminium items.
just finished the build, i agree with the servo post, they seem to be graphite and not ordinary plastic. great car, i cant wait to start running it. its been quite some time since i used an hpi/hot bodies kit, the last was the pro3
Old 08-17-2010, 02:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by evaa
just finished the build, i agree with the servo post, they seem to be graphite and not ordinary plastic. great car, i cant wait to start running it. its been quite some time since i used an hpi/hot bodies kit, the last was the pro3
Yep - they come off the same molding as the wishbones so obviously they must be the same material; some kind of graphite or carbon reinforced plastic.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slideaway
I would point something out about the battery fiber taped on the chassis.
90% of drivers use this technic (and so do I).
A lot of people used to tight up the tape and apply on the battery.
Have you guys ever seen what happens at the end of the run, if the battery gets swollen, even a bit, it's quite enough to bend the chassis !
That means we run with a tweaked chassis without notice...

I agree that the tray and battery bar looks like toy, but this solution is quite far to be stupid.
To keep the ease of the fiber, I take good care of the battery locators (servo plot, extra lead weight, whatever..) but I apply the fiber tape a bit loose to compensate the potential "swelling effect".
the battery tray is not feasible?
Old 08-17-2010, 04:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ali_g
the battery tray is not feasible?
Probably yes,
the thing is you have to let the battery "lives" a bit just in case it may swell a bit during the run.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Anyone getting these in the US yet? Is the release date delayed?
Old 08-17-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Kit & Parts arrived !

http://rcmarket.com.hk/

Last edited by RC MARKET; 08-17-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default Steering rack

Hi,

Im just building my tcx and i notice theres alot of slop and up and down movement in the steering rack, is this right or is there a way of shimming it to stop this?
Old 08-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Still waiting...

Our pre-orders will go out as soon as they arrive! Should be very soon now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.