Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ooj
Pics of the battery stopper mod. All of this was done with Pro4 servo mounts and the fan was done with TA02 servo mounts. The fan mount allows tilt and angle adjustment and if needed, fans can be split so one blows on the motor and one on the esc.

The battery has been moved so far that I had to use a soldering iron to melt part of the battery strap so the corally plug could go through! Like David Galdo said, the car is pretty much balanced when the battery is this close to the centreline of the car (assuming you are using the newer heavy Lipos like the 5500-6200). If you are using older batteries like 5000, the car is already pretty balanced in the standard position as the battery is only about 265g heavy.
cool!! thanks - gives me something to try
Old 06-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I am not doing anything special and definitely not adding more than is needed. I made a couple stoppers that slide under the belt and use the available screw holes on the chassis. There is a screw hole just before the motor mount and the other I am using is the same for the antenna. As seen in the picture I am using servo mounts and tape. That's all it really needs. I have never had the pack come out nor does it have much movement left and right.

Hot Bodies TCX-photo.jpg
Old 06-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just got in the new Exotek TCX Quick Change Shock Mount (Titanium)
Old 06-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default Gear diff oils

Hi guys,

I'm currently running the spec r gear diff in the rear of my tcx. Im racing indoors on carpet using Fastrax 1000 oil. I was just wondering what are the cars handling characteristics of using a slightly thinner or thicker oil?
Old 06-03-2011, 10:33 AM
pmc
Tech Adept

Hello

Someone can tell me what is the internal measure in mm between the Hot Bodies TCX lower Bulk Heads.

Because I wanted to buy a differential of Hot Bodies and wanted to know this measure to see if it fits in my car.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards:
Pedro Silva
Old 06-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default Driveshaft blades

Has anyone had trouble with the gear diffs destroying the driveshaft blades?

If so, any ideas on how to stop this?
Old 06-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt W
Hi guys,

I'm currently running the spec r gear diff in the rear of my tcx. Im racing indoors on carpet using Fastrax 1000 oil. I was just wondering what are the cars handling characteristics of using a slightly thinner or thicker oil?
I am using Mugen 1000 and I noticed the stall I experienced from the diff is gone. The exit off the turns is faster. I am using the same settings that I had with the diff.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Who's blades are you using?? I had a pair of Top blades that came with the steel axles Dumas gave me so I worked on them a bit to fit the Spec-R. I have noticed little wear. Had them in for a few weeks now with 42 or so packs on them. When they wear though I will transition to the TC6 blades I bought, they are a perfect fit for the Spec-R.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

i got a whole race day on mine, and there's no wear whatsoever...i'm running the 3racing blue ones on front/rear

i did notice the HB seemed to fit a little tighter - so not sure if that has anything to do with what you're seeing
Old 06-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by David Galdo
Who's blades are you using?? I had a pair of Top blades that came with the steel axles Dumas gave me so I worked on them a bit to fit the Spec-R. I have noticed little wear. Had them in for a few weeks now with 42 or so packs on them. When they wear though I will transition to the TC6 blades I bought, they are a perfect fit for the Spec-R.
Does the tc6 blades need to be opened up to accept the HB pins?
Old 06-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
Does the tc6 blades need to be opened up to accept the HB pins?
Yes the tc6 blades are perfect if your using top bones.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Like Mike said, but I am using the steel bones up front and pressed HB pins in them. I have HB in the rear so I will have to work on the AE blades with a drill bit.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default kit items

hey guys just ordered a tcx kit,can't wait to get it but,.... i have a few questions on what option parts come with the kit,so if there is something it dosen't come with i can order it now! does it come like previous kits with a spool and a one way or a diff for the front? does it come with aluminum or steel cvd's in the front? by reading around i hear that it does come with a full set of different swaybars,and i have a crap load of cyclone tuning parts as well =springs, pistons,ect,so far i have ordered a spec-r gear diff,front steel dcvd's,exotec chasse,titanium shock shafts&susp.shafts,i don't want to come up short on the build!
Old 06-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hi-tech-redneck
hey guys just ordered a tcx kit,can't wait to get it but,.... i have a few questions on what option parts come with the kit,so if there is something it dosen't come with i can order it now! does it come like previous kits with a spool and a one way or a diff for the front? does it come with aluminum or steel cvd's in the front? by reading around i hear that it does come with a full set of different swaybars,and i have a crap load of cyclone tuning parts as well =springs, pistons,ect,so far i have ordered a spec-r gear diff,front steel dcvd's,exotec chasse,titanium shock shafts&susp.shafts,i don't want to come up short on the build!
Hi

The Tcx comes with a spool up front and a ball diff in the rear. I have Tamiya 3 hole 1.1mm pistons in my shocks. I would recommend changing the front bones to the Pro D 46mm ones for strength. These seem to only be available from Hong Kong. Once you have the Pro D bones fitted the spool outdrives become the next weak point, I have a Roche spool ready to fit in mine which I'm going to run with T O P Photon bones as the Roche spool outdrives slots are too narrow to take the Pro D bones. Apart from a few shims here and there that's it. Enjoy!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by David Galdo
Like Mike said, but I am using the steel bones up front and pressed HB pins in them. I have HB in the rear so I will have to work on the AE blades with a drill bit.
will yokomo blades work with them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.