Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: finally bought her

Originally posted by hierog
JDM, how can I get with you to get some spare parts? seems like your the man to help out with overseas parts!

thanks

vic
Have you tried getting in touch with Speedtech..?? they might be able to help you out more than me
-Dave
Old 08-18-2004, 07:36 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I like it quite a bit.. the car is still young and does have to weak points IMO..
#1 ... 950 bearings are really small....easy to send to that trash
#2 Center driveshaft cups...Very prone to breaking in a BIG CRASH. but there are a few aftermarket comanies that are working on a fix to this as we speak
other than that the car works really well out of the Box and is very forgiving with setups
-Dave
Thanks Dave. I'm leaning towards a EVO4 or a 415. Our shop does already have 415's in stock but the EVO4 is on the way. I think either will work for me just not sure which whay I want to go.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by wyd
Thanks Dave. I'm leaning towards a EVO4 or a 415. Our shop does already have 415's in stock but the EVO4 is on the way. I think either will work for me just not sure which whay I want to go.
Either one will work fine it just comes down to which one you want belt or shaft
-Dave
Old 08-18-2004, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default all speed hobbies

btw. all speed hobbies is all out of Evo IV's as of today. A buddy of mine and myself picked up the last 2

Wes said he is expecting one more in soon though. Great shop and extremely helpful. Look them up if you get to the city

vic
Old 08-18-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm said buddy

All Speed Hobbies is one of the better shops I've been to! Wes, is a great guy and their prices are great!

I bought a Tamiya Tool Bag for cheaper than it would have been if I went to R10 or any other overseas hobby shop (before shipping!) I haven't seen the bag anywhere else nor for sale in the US.

BTW, Have you guys seen Tamiya USA's new website? Looks like they are trying to make parts easier for us to buy
Old 08-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: all speed hobbies

Originally posted by hierog
btw. all speed hobbies is all out of Evo IV's as of today. A buddy of mine and myself picked up the last 2

Wes said he is expecting one more in soon though. Great shop and extremely helpful. Look them up if you get to the city

vic
darn... I knew I should have went and got one last weekend.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:40 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: all speed hobbies

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Going to make the switch
Old 08-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: all speed hobbies

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Ramon, They'll have more in a few days.

John
Old 08-19-2004, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default AllSpeed Hobbies

I'll tell you the truth, I was not asked by AllSpeed to put that little line in my sig, I asked the owners because they have been nothing short of great to me. The store is owned by 3 enthusiasts and not staffed by some punk kids getting paid minimum wage (see Hobby Town USA). Everyone there knows what they are talking about and can steer you in the right direction, often times even encouraging you to go the route that saves you money. Which is totally weird to me and refreshing.

In this hobby, racing the Yokomo's or Tamiya's is really a specialty event. Only enthusiasts really know about this stuff. The owners race frequently and know exactly what each car needs to be reliable, cost effective, and competitive.

Boy this sounds like a paid advertisement but it's not.

Donovan
Old 08-19-2004, 05:06 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Default Re: AllSpeed Hobbies

Originally posted by donoman
I'll tell you the truth, I was not asked by AllSpeed to put that little line in my sig, I asked the owners because they have been nothing short of great to me. The store is owned by 3 enthusiasts and not staffed by some punk kids getting paid minimum wage (see Hobby Town USA). Everyone there knows what they are talking about and can steer you in the right direction, often times even encouraging you to go the route that saves you money. Which is totally weird to me and refreshing.

In this hobby, racing the Yokomo's or Tamiya's is really a specialty event. Only enthusiasts really know about this stuff. The owners race frequently and know exactly what each car needs to be reliable, cost effective, and competitive.

Boy this sounds like a paid advertisement but it's not.

Donovan
Shops and owners like that are what keeps guys coming back. I have 2 shops like that and won't just steer you to the expensive stuff. They will let you decide and give you the pros and cons of the high end stuff and lowend stuff and let the customer decides what will work for them.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default EVO IV

Well I finnaly got my EVO IV a couple of days ago. Wow the drive train spins forever...! It will easily spin for 20+ seconds.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: all speed hobbies

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Going to make the switch
still undecided... buy a new car or a powered sub for my HT room.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default completed!

just finished building the kit, and I must say it was a breeze! things sure are different compared to the SE and it took a bit for me "like" it . . . the swaybars were kind of weird to put on, but once on, they are very accessible to switch out. changing the spur gear is still going to be a pain, but oh well!!

I was VERY happy that I didn't have to do any sanding to make things free (the arms and the uprights on the SE were a pain to make free!)

and i love the new "hinge pins" that hold the arms in place - no more e clips!!

now i've just got to get the Titanium screw kit, alum servo holder, alum one way . . . . . . .

does it ever end?!?!?!?

vic
Old 08-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

Can anyone gimme a heads up on how the PRO 4 suspension works on their Evo4 compared to the stock Evo4 suspension? I'm thinking of converting the suspension on my Evo3 over when I get some cash...Easier to get parts AND no more damn e-clips
Old 08-20-2004, 05:03 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Default Re: EVO IV

Originally posted by Martin Crisp
Well I finnaly got my EVO IV a couple of days ago. Wow the drive train spins forever...! It will easily spin for 20+ seconds.
You do anything special to get it like that......Spray out stock bearings and reoil or is this just stock out of the box with no bearing cleaning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.