Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 05:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

You tell em Randy (how about we push those that make me work in the pool at the hotel this weekend)

Skiddins - I think I remember 276 Grams, so yeah....right there somewhere

Patrick - Between the Core and TIR, I have no idea what the weight difference is.

And for the record my lap dog pwns, I inherited her from my mommy when she passed So my lap dog rocks your particular socks and such

Starling, you came creeping in here like you own a different car or something...what gives my man??

To all, email me if needed, Snowbirds prep this week and were gonna be busy beavers!

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I seem to recall the Core 5000 weighs 277g (give or take).

Get some Nexus weights to go in the cell slots, then spread the rest around the Lipo pack, not all of it on the outside.

Skiddins
Old 01-20-2008, 05:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

http://nexusracing.net/product_info....roducts_id=890

But get on it, cause they're usually sold out (they move FAST)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
What are the Nexus weights and can I get some by Friday? lol
Old 01-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

My friend showed me a little trick for the core 5000 pack, he went to Ace Hardware and found a metal strip about a foot long that is the same width as the battery slots in the chassis , all you have to do is cut to the exact lenght, then glue them to the bottom of the pack and the fit very well. the bar is just under 2mm thick. The metal bar is gold color , im heading to Ace tomorow and see if i can find it Each strip weights almost 10grams each if i recall.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
Patrick - Between the Core and TIR, I have no idea what the weight difference is.
I was just busting balls... for real tho.. are the rw spurs you have the ones that have 6 holes in the middle?
Old 01-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
My friend showed me a little trick for the core 5000 pack, he went to Ace Hardware and found a metal strip about a foot long that is the same width as the battery slots in the chassis , all you have to do is cut to the exact lenght, then glue them to the bottom of the pack and the fit very well. the bar is just under 2mm thick. The metal bar is gold color , im heading to Ace tomorow and see if i can find it Each strip weights almost 10grams each if i recall.
here is what they look like
Old 01-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That looks like brass. Thats a great idea Marco. It gets weight on the car and does it really low.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

FYI....

Schumacher Corner is ranked 2ns in Electric On Road for most replies. The 1/12th is first.

Schuamcher Corner is ranked 3rd in views with just over 750,000 views. The 415 thread is second and the 1/12th thread is first with 1.125 million views.

WOW!
Old 01-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I like the idea, but unfortunatly that will not work for any ROAR sanctioned event. The weight must be secured to the chassis and not the battery in any way. I have been working overtime on this one and still have not figured out a nice way to make weight. Trying to keep the weight as low and as central to the battery position is difficult.

If I were to use Tungsten alloy I have calculated that the max sixe I can fit under the Orion 3200 LIPO is 181 grams (without using the battery slot openings)...I am still almost 50 grams lite. This sucks...looks like I will need to buy 4600's for the Nats!

Weight in LIPO has got to be a consideration at least for on-road touring cars. Off-road it is easy to make weight and keep car in balance.

Still pondering my options at this point!
Old 01-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by artwork
I like the idea, but unfortunatly that will not work for any ROAR sanctioned event. The weight must be secured to the chassis and not the battery in any way. I have been working overtime on this one and still have not figured out a nice way to make weight. Trying to keep the weight as low and as central to the battery position is difficult.

If I were to use Tungsten alloy I have calculated that the max sixe I can fit under the Orion 3200 LIPO is 181 grams (without using the battery slot openings)...I am still almost 50 grams lite. This sucks...looks like I will need to buy 4600's for the Nats!

Weight in LIPO has got to be a consideration at least for on-road touring cars. Off-road it is easy to make weight and keep car in balance.

Are there any pics of the car? How much room do you have around the 3200? Does an Orion 4800 fit the car?
Old 01-21-2008, 01:53 AM

Thank you for the fast info on LW items,but can someone really tell me what difference this will make to my car

I am a club racer hoping to run a couple UK Nationals but I generally run 10.5 Brushless with 6 Cell indoor rubber on carpet currently my car is way off the weight limit according to BRCA rules

Weight differences;

LW Bulkheads – 28 Grams
U3255

Droop screws 1.3 Grams
U3261

Ball Studs – 6.6 Grams
CR021

Screw Kits – 17.7 Grams (breakdown below)
CR010

M3 x 20 Button head Screws – 5.6 Grams
M3 x 16 Button head Screws – 4.3 Grams
M3 x 10 Button head Screws – 2.0 Grams
M3 x 12 Countersunk Screws – 2.5
M3 x 10 Countersunk Screws – 1.7
M3 x 8 Countersunk Screws – 1.6

Shock Posts – 2.25 Grams
U3260

Lay shaft - 1.7 Grams
U3262

Ti Inner Pin 55mm x4 – 5.5 Grams
U3169

Ti Outer Frt Pin 18mm x2 – 1 Gram
U2719

Ti Outer Rear Pin 25mm x2 - 1.46
U1576

35mm Turnbuckle – 3.6 Grams
U1905

39mm Turnbuckle – 2.0 Grams
U1572

Once again thanks for everyones input
Old 01-21-2008, 05:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

what i am about to say should be thought about before YOU attempt it,

if you camfer the battery slots pretty good, lay the chassis on a piece of glass, clean your lead strips really good, melt it, pour it into the battery slots, then it would be "in" the chassis and not attacted to the battery.

wearing the proper protective gear would be a must when doing this.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

How about I just send you mine

Originally Posted by skypilot

if you camfer the battery slots pretty good, lay the chassis on a piece of glass, clean your lead strips really good, melt it, pour it into the battery slots, then it would be "in" the chassis and not attacted to the battery.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

well you could glue them to the chassis I think ROAR needs to refrace it , i think its going to be hard to find room in front and rear of the battery to add all that weight, Well here is a better idea for ROAR " LOWER THE MINIMUM WEIGHT"

I think what roar means is that it can be attach like with velcro, so is not easily taken off, i think shoegoo is almost as good as screwing the weight in.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AdrianM
That looks like brass. Thats a great idea Marco. It gets weight on the car and does it really low.
it is but it was Mr.Meeks that told me about it
Old 01-21-2008, 07:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot

What are you using to melt the lead?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.