Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bhambrent
I'm thinking about getting a mi2ec, but no LHS carrys any parts were I live.

What a good online hooby shope to get parts for mi2ec? And what hopups and extra parts are must have?

thx guys,

You can order direct from the Schumacher web site www.racing-cars.com

HTH Darren
Old 04-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

i need help if i lower the camber link on the rear end will it give me les grip or more grip i have never quite got the jist fo the roll center thanks
Old 04-15-2006, 03:07 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nemisis
i need help if i lower the camber link on the rear end will it give me les grip or more grip i have never quite got the jist fo the roll center thanks
Lowering the inner link will allow the car to rotate more. This will also give more camber gain so you don't need to run as much static camber.

The way I look at is:

More camber gain (more angled link) gives the car a controlled slide.
Less camber gain (less angled link) gives less slide, but will break traction more suddenly.

I try and run the least amount of camber gain without the sudden loss of traction
Old 04-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

so your saying if i take the camber link down and let the car rotate more it will give me more grip
Old 04-15-2006, 05:25 PM
PW
Tech Elite

so your saying if i take the camber link down and let the car rotate more it will give me more grip
Less grip; the car rotates more due to less grip.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my car was sooooooooooooo!!! lose today.but it was pushing too!!!,I had nothing to work with It was insane.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Can anyone please tell me if I need to get anything extra, if I was to buy the HD front one-way diff (U2753)???
Old 04-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justin lessard
my car was sooooooooooooo!!! lose today.but it was pushing too!!!,I had nothing to work with It was insane.
Post your setup. Also, check to make sure that none of the suspension components are cracked anywhere as that can cause some abnormal handling.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Can anyone please tell me if I need to get anything extra, if I was to buy the HD front one-way diff (U2753)???
No if you get the oneway all you'll have to do is probably change some things on your setup, but oneways are usually faster. The tradeoff is theyre just harder to drive most the time.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justin lessard
If it was that bad there's probably something wrong with it. Such as worn out tires, binding/broken suspension, bent hinge pins, ect... But if its loose and pushing I'm going to take a stab at the tires being worn out or the wrong compound.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Or maybe a tweaked chassi.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:00 AM
Tech Adept

well in that case can if i change the position of the shocks which way should i go at the moment i have the shocks on the rear end at kit setting
Old 04-16-2006, 04:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

well in that case can if i change the position of the shocks which way should i go at the moment i have the shocks on the rear end at kit setting
Using the hole nearest to the center of the car on the shock towers will give more grip and vice versa. I would leave them at kit settings though and move the camber link up or down, up giving more grip and down less.

Darren
Old 04-16-2006, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey got some questions lol weird ones
what is the free'est running belts i can put on my mi2 stock not ec?
ive noticed that all the other tourers run 3mm belts schui's are 5mm can i buy or get thinner ones made??
also ive cleaned my bearings but what else can i do to make the drive train less resistive?
lastly which is better on aphsalt foams or rubbers?? i have heard foams are faster hands down?
also how do you mount the rear alloy camber mounts? letters down and both r's on right and both l's on left?
please help me out i was about 1 second of the pace and i want my car to be perfect so then i can perfect my driving style.
thanks all.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
hey got some questions lol weird ones
what is the free'est running belts i can put on my mi2 stock not ec?
ive noticed that all the other tourers run 3mm belts schui's are 5mm can i buy or get thinner ones made??
also ive cleaned my bearings but what else can i do to make the drive train less resistive?
lastly which is better on aphsalt foams or rubbers?? i have heard foams are faster hands down?
also how do you mount the rear alloy camber mounts? letters down and both r's on right and both l's on left?
please help me out i was about 1 second of the pace and i want my car to be perfect so then i can perfect my driving style.
thanks all.
1. There is a narrow rear belt for the mi2 - but only suitable if you are running stock/540. You can run the R12 front belt if you want something a little free-er for the front.
2. If bearings are clean, check and make sure diffs are all shimmed correctly - so not rubbing on diff housings etc. Get belts right, get belt tensioner settings right (basically no tension on either front or rear in stock class)
3. There is no "right" answer. Some tracks are faster with foam, others with rubber. Some clubs allow foam, others only allow rubber. At Beaudesert rubber is faster. At logan probably foam. At bayside rubber, at hobbystation, probably foam. Some race series in SEQ have rules about what tyres you can use.
4. not sure, someone else can answer
5. by far the best thing for you to do is to practice. changing all this stuff on your car will not make the slightest difference if your driving is inconsistent. spend all your $$ on getting to the track to practice, practice, practice. Practice on any track you can get too. Don't change too many things and don't listen to too many people. Put a fairly standard setup on your car and drive, drive, drive, drive. That's what you need to do more than anything.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.