Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah, I gotta say that there's more room for electronics as well as for pinion/spur combos than I've been used to in other cars.

The shocks are also super smooth as I was mentioning to PDub at the Birds. Overall, the car went together well. I'll have to snap a shot of my ride and post it possibly tomorrow.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IslandBwoy
TurboDog You got PM
Jon You got PM
Back at ya.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:09 AM
Tech Master

120 shouldn't be a problem, i've had one on my car for about 3 meetings and it's fine. Although it might depend on the brand of spur. The reason i say that is that it isn't that uncommon for different brands to actually be different sizes!! shouldn't be that way, but they do differ slightly in size. I worked it out years ago, and can't remember which was which, but generally i think Machined gears are a little smaller than say Kimbrough moulded ones. I could have that wrong (brands), so check it yoursleves.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

hi all

hope you can help me, i brought a one-way off ebay the other day its not the std schumacher one, it has steel outdrives and derlin pully. but i think the internal (the bit that the pully and the bearings sit in) is std schumacher (this is just what i think) well anyway......... i had it in my car all fits nice, (mi2ec) but wen i was just turning the trany over by hand i could make the right hand side one slip under turning it. (not lock up wen power would be on) but then it will lock up so its unconsistant. what would cause this i realy want to try a one way any help ?????!!!!???

he also sent a free one way but on the left side if i put the power on it would judt free spin........so the one way is working in the wrong direction how do i fix this?

so any help would be good.

thanks very much
bob.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bob33
hi all

hope you can help me, i brought a one-way off ebay the other day its not the std schumacher one, it has steel outdrives and derlin pully. but i think the internal (the bit that the pully and the bearings sit in) is std schumacher (this is just what i think) well anyway......... i had it in my car all fits nice, (mi2ec) but wen i was just turning the trany over by hand i could make the right hand side one slip under turning it. (not lock up wen power would be on) but then it will lock up so its unconsistant. what would cause this i realy want to try a one way any help ?????!!!!???

he also sent a free one way but on the left side if i put the power on it would judt free spin........so the one way is working in the wrong direction how do i fix this?

so any help would be good.

thanks very much
bob.
hmm, sounds weird but try to install it the other way around.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default Layshaft pulley

Guys, I’m just curious, I haven’t had me MI2 for long and don’t have the cash for an EC right now, but would like to convert the drive train to the one that is used on the EC.

My question is this, will the layshaft pulley system from the EC fit in my std MI2? from what I can tell the rear belt is the same so If the width between the layshaft mounts is the same on the cars and the bearings are the same, the EC layshaft and front belt should work, but the only way I can be sure is if someone here who knows both cars can comment, I am also prepared to do some dremel work if necessary
Old 02-27-2006, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TAO3RS
hmm, sounds weird but try to install it the other way around.
what the bearing inside or u mean the whol thing lol cus if i do that the otherside wouldent work lol and belt wil lbe out of alighment

oh and by the way i have never had a one way in bits apart from taking the outdives off lol. so i dont no how to take the bearings out so if u couls help me ther also
Old 02-27-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Bob, can you post a pic?? Sounds like the new Schumacher one!! As that has steel outdrive cups and a centre hub with the one way bearings housed. The pully is machined - same as the kit spool pully.

http://www.racing-cars.com/products.asp?recnumber=2547
Old 02-27-2006, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

thats it im not sure wether it looks the same as the hevy duty one way. what u recon?. it looks in realy good condition as its done one race *suposedly* do u think just a rebuild (i will need to be told how to do it) will fix my prob?
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-oneway1.jpg   Schumacher Corner-oneway2.jpg   Schumacher Corner-oneway3.jpg  
Old 02-27-2006, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Yeah that is the new HD unit. If one side is slipping, chances are, it needs a new bearing. If this is the case, the only thing you can do, is buy the centre hub which has both bearings in it. Just to check it, swap the outdrives side to side. They are the same. Then if the same side is still slipping, it needs the bearings. If the oposite side is now slipping, then some how, the outdrive has worn and that needs replacing.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

right thats that one Sorted

for the other one i mentiond wer it spins the wrong way what do i do ther? could i put the bearings out of that one into the one wer it is sliping because it still locks up its just the wrong way round lol

how do i get the bearing out of it? and do u no the part number for the bit u said i may need?

cheers
bob
Old 02-27-2006, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Is that a seperate one way unit?? sounds like it might be the old one way, but with 2 of the same outdrives. The old unit had the bearing in the outdrive, the new one has them in the hub, and no you can't swap the parts.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Is it the 4th yet???? I want to put the power down with this 7x1

Goal for the nats.......TO HAVE FUN & don't end up the lowest finishing Schumacher in mod
Old 02-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Thats a good goal for the Nats Clint, Mine is to have a faster Quailfing time in 19t then you have in MOD.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B
Thats a good goal for the Nats Clint, Mine is to have a faster Quailfing time in 19t then you have in MOD.
Just remember this............you wore the mullet not me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.