Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jan Larsen
I'd react slower in direction changes and it could induce under- or oversteer depending which one you take off.

both of them.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mitchsterbrau
guys, i got my mi3 kit.....and halfway thru the build discovered
i had a badly sized diff eccentric. it won't fit onto the mounts
because the inner channel is too narrow. is there a quick fix?
i tried ginding it out, but don't want to damgage it.

anyone else hear of this happening?

email or call schumacher. They were super helpful and got the part to me really fast.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
do you guys run ceramic diff balls and thrust bearing?
also can u run thrust balls with out the cage if so do u ad one more to take up the space?
i found some cheap ceramic stuff so was gonna try em u know see if their worth the dough?
also im chasing more steering so i put blue springs on the rear and whites on the front, figuring this should be an extreme change and load the front up big time but i still didnt have much mid and exit corner steering, and the rear end never wanted to slide out any ideas on how to get the steering i want?
cheers guys, btw what the verdict on the mi3? worth the $$$ for below average driver?
I'm running ceramic balls in the diff but not the thrust. I wouldn't run any thrust other than the Schumacher thrust in the car. There's no need.

Without seeing your setup, there's no way to suggest how to get more steering. Post it up and we'll go from there.

As far as the Mi3, it's worth every penny. By far the best car Schumacher has ever put out. This car has more steering than anything I've ever driven yet it's still easy to drive. I'd say it's well worth it for any racer.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My personal opinion after running both is that I like the tungsten carbide diff balls better. The Ceramics are supposed to be the best and thats why Schumacher put them in the kit but after running both the diff just lasts longer with the TC balls.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Check out the latest Xtreme R/C cars. There is a really great review of the Mi3 in it.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Wink mi3

do the kit's in stock now have the up dated parts if not what do i need?
Old 06-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

So far I've had really good luck with the ceramic diff balls. The only thing I've changed in the diffs is I've gone to the EC non indexed rings.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

back from some good practice sessions at the new Coral Springs track in South Florida. Theres a new layout recently done last week, and its great for modified EP and nitro cars. Its got at least 3 places where you can hit full throtle per lap, so that its fast, yet a few corners that are sharp and smooth, with nice sweepers and chinanes...very nice and well mixed...track is being swept, cleaned, and VHT'ed and traction was adequate. Good job by those guys...they'll be running every Sunday from 10am to 5pm, and all of you who want a nice place to run and practice, check that track out, ASAP.

Back to the Mi3: I was finally able to avenge the woooping my car took the first time out several weeks back. I spent about 3 hrs per day after work at the track testing different set ups and the track rods, untill I found the "ultimate" set up for our Florida type tracks, especially Coral Springs, in my opinion. its a very good staring point for all that will get your car prety much dialed the first time you ride, and then you can fine tune from there...

Finally, today, the hard work paid off...big time. The Mi3 was fast, very fast, but so calm and so easy to drive that it made it seem like the other guys were running 5.5R motors compared to 3.5R. Great turn-in ability and quick corner exits and stable down the straights, and quick L/R transition. I was finally able to put the smackdown on those pesky Yokomo BD's, and then was chalenged by Serpent 720 '007 w/ prep engine; it was fast and I was a bit concerned....but after a few laps, I got by and the rest was history. Clocked at 56.4mph down the main straight, and hit 49 and 47 in the other 2 places where you can hit the throttle, and that speed with the infield agility of the Mi3, was a bit too much for the 720, this time around.

Only sad part was that the nitro driver rammed my Mi3 into a corner at full speed, after getting laped, and caused the rear left inner hinge pin to bend at the pivots like an "S" shape...this will need to be replaced. i bent it back in to shape, and it ran Ok after that, but will need to be replaced...I hope these are in stock- look out Fasttrack...another order...
Old 06-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Well I ran mine today with PW's Reedy set up and the car was great!!! too bad my rear shock tower came loose in the main
Old 06-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ok well my set up is as follow:
30 wt oil all round 3 whole piston
no diff risers standard aphsalt shock towers upper and lower decks
standard roll centre ie carbon spacer +1mm shims
all inner links are in the upper whole
.5' toe out front standard rear
blue springs rear white springs front
front upper shock mount middle whole lower mount out side whole
rear shocks upper is layed down inner is 2nd whole from the wheel.
1 degree camber all round
front one way rear diff.
both wheel bases are medium long (ie the front arm is moved towards the front the rear arm is movd towards the rear)
4's caster
sorex 32's
and im looking for more steering.
anything else u need to know?
Old 06-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Well I ran mine today with PW's Reedy set up and the car was great!!! too bad my rear shock tower came loose in the main
PW and Randy's RROC 2007 set ups are exellent. Both are 99% on and you might need to only do minimal changes to get it right depending the track...I ran the long/narrow rod today, and its very similar to the med/med rod, but a bit more steering.

Now to look for those rear inner hinge pin part #'s and order a few...
Old 06-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

ok well my set up is as follow:
30 wt oil all round 3 whole piston
no diff risers standard aphsalt shock towers upper and lower decks
standard roll centre ie carbon spacer +1mm shims
all inner links are in the upper whole
.5' toe out front standard rear
blue springs rear white springs front
front upper shock mount middle whole lower mount out side whole
rear shocks upper is layed down inner is 2nd whole from the wheel.
1 degree camber all round
front one way rear diff.
both wheel bases are medium long (ie the front arm is moved towards the front the rear arm is movd towards the rear)
4's caster
sorex 32's
and im looking for more steering.
anything else u need to know?
First thing is to take the blue springs off the rear and put whites back on. Then take the 1mm spacer out of the front roll center so you only have the riser plates in the front. Also move the top of the front shocks all the way out. This should help.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ok if that doesnt work? lol
sorry used the blue spring to transfer as much weight as possible and it still didnt unsettle the rear end
Old 06-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default 2.5 chassis

hey everyone,
just an update...tried out the 2.5 deck with foam tires..
this car is absolutely great on carpet with the 2.5 deck. great amounts of steering..
very little flex with the lower deck installed. I was very surprised.

took a little help from one of local RC to adjust the shock towers...but definetely works.

great job Schumacher...this car transitions very well.
and can cope with a smooth to bumpy areas on carpet.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

ok if that doesnt work? lol
sorry used the blue spring to transfer as much weight as possible and it still didnt unsettle the rear end
Stiffer rear springs than the fronts really isn't usually the answer to getting more steering. Sometimes a stiffer front spring can give you more steering. But not always. You may also want to try things like 1mm anti squat or some kick up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.