Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I will try to get one next week and see how it fits.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
So now its 2 issues that need clarification...although its been asked about several times in the forum, no one has confirmed this.

PW: dont you have some Orion Lipos? Would you please test and see if they fit properly in the car? Maybe Tim from Fasttrack has some you guys can test with? Someone has to know...
Well the solution being discussed over there is that the steering assembly simply needs to be moved to one of the more forward holes. But with the stock ackerman arm, this isn't possible.

So users of the Orion 4800 and similar sized packs may have to wait till a shorter ackerman arm is released.

This is why I'm so interested in whether the Orion 3200 fits. At least then I'll be able to run with one of my packs until the shorter ackerman arm makes it out. The 3200 should fit with no problem since it's rounded at the edges and sits down in the battery slots. Only downside with it, is that you have to add more weight to the battery side. But its also cheaper than the 4800, so...there is an upside as well.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by AdrianM
I will try to get one next week and see how it fits.
Thanks Adrian.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Darkseid
I'm so interested in whether the Orion 3200 fits. At least then I'll be able to run with one of my packs until the shorter ackerman arm makes it out. The 3200 should fit with no problem since it's rounded at the edges and sits down in the battery slots. Only downside with it, is that you have to add more weight to the battery side. But its also cheaper than the 4800, so...there is an upside as well.
The Orion 3200 definitely fit. A mate at the club last tuesday had used an MI3 with them and had no problems. The only thing he did was put a couple of weights down the middle of the chassis to make sure they did not slide under the belts.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Sorry but your PRS gears won't work on the car. But the RW/Schumacher gear that comes with the car and the optional ones are really nice.
PRS will be making spur gears to fit the MI3 as soon as the car is released to give guys a 2nd option.

EA
Old 05-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
PRS will be making spur gears to fit the MI3 as soon as the car is released to give guys a 2nd option.

EA
All you need is 2 - 2.5mm holes next to the center hole and any gear will work on the Mi3
Old 05-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Fitting the Orion 4800 Lipo. If you run this battery you will need to run the optional shorter center track rod and run the steering post one hole futher forward. Its no problem after that change.

The team is 50/50 split on which center track rod they like best the stock or the next shorter. PW like the next shorter one from kit standard. These center track rods will be available either at the same time as the kit or a week later.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Steve B
The Orion 3200 definitely fit. A mate at the club last tuesday had used an MI3 with them and had no problems. The only thing he did was put a couple of weights down the middle of the chassis to make sure they did not slide under the belts.
Good to hear. Good to hear.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Fitting the Orion 4800 Lipo. If you run this battery you will need to run the optional shorter center track rod and run the steering post one hole futher forward. Its no problem after that change.

The team is 50/50 split on which center track rod they like best the stock or the next shorter. PW like the next shorter one from kit standard. These center track rods will be available either at the same time as the kit or a week later.
Thanks for the answer Adrain.

Is there a part# for the optional shorter center track rod yet?
Old 05-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking Schue Lipo Packs

I heard Schumacher is making their own Lipo packs. They are like the Orion packs, very high quality packs, encased, but 5000mah. What's the deal with these packs? Approximate release date?
Old 05-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Alrighty kids….this is a long post, but i just made my maiden voyage with the Mi3 yesterday at the Bass Pro Series race in Jackson, MS, and I wanted to share my thoughts about the Mi3.

The track was probably the biggest I have ever run – it was huge with a monster back straight, but it also had plenty of hair pin turns and a fast, but difficult chicane in the middle. Track was ran asphalt parking lot and prepped with VHT so the traction was pretty darn good. Needless to say, it was a great track – plenty of space to open it up with high speed sweepers, but still tight to make it difficult.

Here is the run down of the weekend…..

Started off with PW’s setup from the Florida State Series and it can be found here

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=225779

Box stock and with a CO27 (didn’t want to put too much power first outing), fresh RP30’s, Futaba 9550, Tekin G11Pro, and Speed 6 for the shell – the car was great. I babied the car around for while just to get a feel for it and I was very impressed. I knew immediately I needed to make some changes, but with this setup, I felt like was 75% there with my setup.

I then threw in a Komodo 19T for my second pack to see how it did with a bit more power. Car still felt good, I had great high speed turning through the sweeper and round about, but I felt like my low speed steering was lacking BIG TIME – I was getting killed in the 2 hairpins and chicane..

Not sure really what to do, I went back through my setup and realized I only had a 1mm spacer on the rear vertical camber link, so I changed it to 3mm as the setup called for. Alex Lopez recommended adding some droop to the rear or softening the rear springs. I tried adding droop in my next round of stock and then I tried the droop and springs for my 19T round. The .5mm extra droop helped some, but the droop and springs were way too much.

I was still needing some initial off power turn in, so the next round, with Alex’s help, I tried moving in the front shock on the arm to the inside hole (closest to chassis). So in the second qualifier of stock I just changed the front shock. The car had tons of initial steering b/c it was basically diving the front end – which in turn - caused my rear end to be waaaayyy loose. It was not stable at all.

So before my 2nd 19T round qualifier I decided to add 1mm of toe to the rear to see if that would help. 5 minutes before my round I threw it out there and it PUSHING like crazy. So I took my car to the pits and took .5mm of toe out – put the car back down and off to the races! Car was still good in 19T, but the front was still diving too much and bogging down in the corners.

So last and final round, we decided to move the front shocks back out on the arms, and then add .5mm to the horizontal rear camber link (for a total of 3.5mm). I went out and car was best it has been all day – faster through the chicane, but not as fast as I would like. It was still missing something.

Well, in my last 19T I made a bone head move and basically didn’t turn when I was supposed to (my excuse is that it was about 4pm, I had about 2 hours of sleep, and I hadn’t eaten all day!) and I ended up going head on into a board and broke my front arm.

With all that said I qualified 5th out of about 18-20 racers in stock and qualified 6th in 19T out 9.

So without any new arm spares I threw on my old Mi2 arms in the front and took off the sway bar (b/c of the new sway bar mounts won’t fit on the old arms) and got ready for the mains. I threw on some new RP30’s and said what the hell – lets see what this does.

In the mains, my car was money!!! (well almost) Car was phenomenal throw the chicane and hairpins, but I got bogged down in the high speed sweepers due to lack of a sway bar, but even with all that – the car was great. I ended up clawing and scratching and finished 3rd in stock, only about a second off of 2nd place and about 6-8 seconds off of the leader.

In 19T the car was just as good, I had plenty of motor, and I was cruising in the top 3 for half the race, but after a few bone head mistakes in the chicane, I finished a disappointing 6th.

Overall guys – with a little more changes to my setup (maybe a thinner front sway bar) – this car is gonna be phenomenal. I was like a big kid out there. It was super easy to work on the car. The car is super free with the stock bearings, and very durable. I took plenty of crashes where I should have broke something, but I didn’t

Sorry for the long post – just thought I would share my maiden voyage experience!!! I just wanted to say thanks to A-LO for all the setup help!!!

McGoo
Old 05-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

guys look what i "got" today!!
Old 05-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
guys look what i "got" today!!

deep breaths grabs ears Wu-Sah, your lucky I'm in the final stage of acceptanced
Old 05-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
deep breaths grabs ears Wu-Sah, your lucky I'm in the final stage of acceptanced
lol i wish !! I "got" to pit with Paul today so I "got" a chance to snap a picture of his car!!
Old 05-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
lol i wish !! I "got" to pit with Paul today so I "got" a chance to snap a picture of his car!!

Now that's dirty!!! (but something I would do too!!! )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.