Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sanyo 3000HV cells!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

No matter what the Integy cells say.....I have been able to keep up with the factory guys from every major battery label. I'm sure that there is a performance advantage somewhere but so far I haven't needed the better batteries. If Danny picks up another Speedworld racer (hint hint) then I'll have a better sponsor.
Old 03-27-2002, 06:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

I wasn't implying that they are inferior cells or anything, but a real 1.18 cell at 20amps, would more than likely be the same as the integy 1.23 or 1.22 cells. That is all, their numbers can't really be compared to any other in the industry.
Old 03-28-2002, 04:12 AM
Tech Regular

Default Traying

I read that traying will decrease runtime but increase voltage. What specifically is "traying"? Discharging to 0 volts or to some cut off? I'm thinking of getting an Orion Active Discharge tray, I think it discharges to 0.5V. Is this good, or should the cut off be higher/lower? I'm not really looking to increase voltage, I just want the best maintenance for my packs. So I just want something to 'equalize' the cells rather than just discharge them as a pack. Thanks.
Old 03-29-2002, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Just want to say I picked up 2 sets of the SMC HV's, and they are absolutely fantastic.

Even with a stock, my car had phenomenal punch, especially compared to my old 3000H's (funny how you don't realise just how tired a component is becoming until you replace it)

Did a cycle on my pro-trak before hand, and they showed good numbers - over 3000 capacity, and voltage around 7.1 for the whole pack (compared to around 2650 and 6.7 on the old cells) - but the on-track difference was even bigger.
Old 03-30-2002, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

HEHEhe!! Here we go with the INTEGY is FOOLING YOU Schutzpa again............
Some people never stop trying to put others down..... why is that you suppose????? HHHHHHMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2002, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by rto997
HEHEhe!! Here we go with the INTEGY is FOOLING YOU Schutzpa again............
Some people never stop trying to put others down..... why is that you suppose????? HHHHHHMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is wrong with pointing out how Integy traps the results through a shorter discharge cutoff time, hence a higher average voltage rating. That is one of the reasons why you cannot compare one company's matching procedure to another.

Last edited by RCCadet; 03-30-2002 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-30-2002, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Traying

Originally posted by Potato
I read that traying will decrease runtime but increase voltage. What specifically is "traying"? Discharging to 0 volts or to some cut off? I'm thinking of getting an Orion Active Discharge tray, I think it discharges to 0.5V. Is this good, or should the cut off be higher/lower? I'm not really looking to increase voltage, I just want the best maintenance for my packs. So I just want something to 'equalize' the cells rather than just discharge them as a pack. Thanks.
It's been answered many times here.
Danny here suggested
After the race discharge the cell down to .9 V. 5.4V for 6cells.
Then tray them for half an hour to an hour.
Then Keep them until the race.
Or for 2 and half hour to cool down before recharge.

Go check this site for about 3000HV.
www.smc-racing.com

Hope this helps.

Old 03-30-2002, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

rcruv, the part I'm not clear about is when they say tray. Does this mean put it on a tray that maintains the pack at 0.9V per cell? I can't find any tray that cuts off at 0.9V, do you know of one? The only ones I've seen discarge to 0V or 0.5V.
Old 03-31-2002, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Potato
rcruv, the part I'm not clear about is when they say tray. Does this mean put it on a tray that maintains the pack at 0.9V per cell? I can't find any tray that cuts off at 0.9V, do you know of one? The only ones I've seen discarge to 0V or 0.5V.
Integy sadle auto cut discharger has 0.9V cut off.
CE T30 or T35 has that too but too expensive I think.

Or you can buy a voltmeter.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-31-2002, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by RCCadet

What is wrong with pointing out how Integy traps the results through a shorter discharge cutoff time, hence a higher average voltage rating. That is one of the reasons why you cannot compare one company's matching procedure to another.

Integy does use 300sec. cutoffs. That's REAL bad for detecting "weak" cells! With 300sec. cutoffs, numbers look better and you could have 1 or more weak cells without knowing it(unless you got a turbomatcher4).

RCCadet, is Lightspeed still in business? If so, who or where do I need to contact to get some of their laydown brushes?

See ya in Jackson-that is if your going.
Old 03-31-2002, 02:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by proudwinner

RCCadet, is Lightspeed still in business? If so, who or where do I need to contact to get some of their laydown brushes?

See ya in Jackson-that is if your going.
Lightspeed info :: 817-483-5772

I use Lightspeed motors, brushes, and batteries.

I may make that race in Jackson. Right now I am focusing on The Rutherford grand opening.
Old 03-31-2002, 05:32 AM
Tech Adept

What is the highest A a Protrak can discharge a pack?

Some people say that a Protrak heats up too much when it discharges a pack and that a T35 dissipates heat more efficiently, is this true?
Old 03-31-2002, 05:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

one fine day, after i have cleaned my work table, arranged my pinions in order, filed my labels, and finding nothing to do, i thought of recycling/rematching my 3000 cells. i had about five packs, thirty in all....

used a T35 for the cycling duties.... single cell discharge at 30A.... guess what happened? the wire melted the POS plastic covering (why didn't they make it silicon wire?) and the connectors (the astroflight ones....)

not really efficient.....
Old 03-31-2002, 07:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dear All,

Anybody knows the best way to store your 3000 HV cells after a race?

1. Discharge it to 0.9 V per cell (i.e. 5.4 Volt in total), and store it?

OR

2. Discharge it, the recharge till 40% filled and store it?

I have read in some manufacturers websites and it seems there are two different school of thoughts, as I stated above.

Your advice are very much appreciated.

Regards,
Old 03-31-2002, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

I choose to discharge mine to 5.40V's a pack and that's it(no trays) untill next race day(2 weeks). If we get rained out, I'll put 30% charge back into them. I do the same for my SMH's unless we get rained out, if we get rained out I'll put about 50% charge into them and store them untill the next race day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.