Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC / Advanced Electronics Black Diamond Speedo - Ban due to cost?? >

CRC / Advanced Electronics Black Diamond Speedo - Ban due to cost??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRC / Advanced Electronics Black Diamond Speedo - Ban due to cost??

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Maybe time to close this thread. I'm not sure anything useful is coming out of it anymore. Thank you everyone for participating.
+1 - Things got really ugly here. I'm surprised the moderators haven't locked it already.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by march to my own
Jeff,

If you would have been able to get you're hands on an Advanced speedo you would have had one in you're car just like the rest of the Tekin guys. Don't give me this loyal crap.

Thanks for the update on all of the STOCK titles that you have won back when you were cranking motors and running Trinity Lab cells. LOL It was certainly relevant to this thread topic.

With the new rules in place its been nice seeing you in the lower classes as a result of running with the Big Boys now.

WOOOO just hold it right there. I dont cheat and have never cheated. I had access to one and didnt run it. The last time i checked they teched each one of my wins. That means they stripped down each motor to verify timing and everything. So your completely out in left field. I won by talent not cheating. Who are you?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Jeff,

If you would have been able to get you're hands on an Advanced speedo you would have had one in you're car just like the rest of the Tekin guys. Don't give me this loyal crap.

Thanks for the update on all of the STOCK titles that you have won back when you were cranking motors and running Trinity Lab cells. LOL It was certainly relevant to this thread topic.

With the new rules in place its been nice seeing you in the lower classes as a result of running with the Big Boys now.
Oh boy here we go again. I've been out of the racing scene for almost 2 years now but I can't watch someone, who obviously has no idea what they are talking about, virtually try and bitch slap a buddy of mine.

I can guarantee you if someone tried to hand Jeff an Advanced speedo that he would turn it down without question. I have personally been beside Jeff trying to make our stuff fast, which was obviously slower than the competitions. Personal gratification was gained through the process.

As for his wins. Were you there at the track when Jeff would sleep at the track day after day to make sure his stuff was top notch for an upcoming race? Don't think so. Was it twisting and cranking arms? No, it was the hundreds of hours of practicing and understanding how to deal with what his car was doing that got him the wins. You can't show me someone more dedicated and loyal to his sponsors than Cuffs.

Also, as for banning this speedo at Horsham. Frankly Cuffs could do whatever he pleases there. He was the only one who had the balls, after years of not having a local place to run, to step up and get somewhere for us to race again. It also happens to be over an hour drive for him so he is inconveniencing himself to give all of us a great place to run. Now Schreffler, Fairtrace, and himself can have the practice needed to compete all around the country.

Gah, rant over. Where is Marcos J when you need him?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

See something good did come out of this tread.

SWIFTY IS BACK TO POSTING ON RCTECH...
Old 11-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

From what I've been able to read here on Rctech treads, the Tekin with updated firmware was all the talk after IIC in vegas. Now after Cleveland it's the Black Diamond.

By the time Snowbirds is here it will be something else. So why worry
Old 11-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Swift
Where is Marcos J when you need him?
I PMed him earlier to ask that it be closed.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

This thread has more enteries than the Champs...LOL
Old 11-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by H-R0B
I don't think it should be banned becasue of performance. It should not have been allowed at teh indoor champs because of availability.

I had the money in my hand to buy one! I was actually competetive with some very fast guys early on. I was running with and beating one of the guys that tied for the stock national title earlier this year.

Once the new speedo went in his car, it went in the other fast guys car. One of the guys went 2 laps faster, the other guy went one lap faster. It took a good .4 to .5 seconds off their laps.

THere were like 3 available for sale. They got bought quickly!

When it becomes more available, we can have this discussion. Right now there is no "choice" to run one or not. You can't get one!

If you have one, go ahead run it. This is a hobby. We are playing with toy cars. If you need to win by running something that not everyone has, then do it. That is just lying to yourself.

dont make any more accounts
Old 11-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jeff,

That is an untrue statement. There were at least 3 loyal Tekin drivers who CHOOSE not to switch. I'll take BQ in masters as a personal moral victory. and McBride and I both had good showing in T/C stock barring an unfortunate wreck. I know I had access to one via a roomate and I'm sure McBride and Cuffs could of if they wanted. Jeff is taking a lot of heat for a decision he made to keep cost down at his track.... I don't agree with a lot of the spec type rules but till the speedo is more widely available and perhaps more reasonably priced then it is unfair. As for the comparison to the Tekin Software version.....the BD was used in vegas but available to only to a handful now 2 months later it is still a similar issue....the Tekin 200vegas edition was available to anyone there and shortly after to the rest, and it is free.......

The real blame is ROAR. Adopting brushless without anticipating the technology explosion. Brushed motors were much slower to evolve due to the pricecaps a similar cap placed on motor/esc would help a lot, just wait till someone figures out how to build a better $300 brushless motor to match the potential in the ESC. And don't give me the BS that most events don't follow ROAR rules, nearly all say ROAR approved motors and Batteries and most add bodies and use ROAR class spec.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Bottom line no matter what speed control you have you to be able to drive the car. So it still comes down to skill. If you put a BD in my hands you also need to give me bag to pick up what will be left of my car. I also thought the the brushless motor and lipos would make it easier and cheaper for the racer. It has cost me more than ever before. And I have an extra battery to charge. I miss the days of the brushed motor and the round cells.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miller tyme
As for the comparison to the Tekin Software version.....the BD was used in vegas but available to only to a handful now 2 months later it is still a similar issue....the Tekin 200vegas edition was available to anyone there and shortly after to the rest, and it is free.......
Yeah but 199 which was basically the same wasn't and that was around a LONG time before Vegas. I don't consider just the big 5 or 6 races as the only meaningful races. At least with the BD just about everyone has an equal chance of getting them or not getting them. With Tekin you have to be part of the exclusive club.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Maybe time to close this thread. I'm not sure anything useful is coming out of it anymore. Thank you everyone for participating.
+1
Originally Posted by oeoeo327
+1 - Things got really ugly here. I'm surprised the moderators haven't locked it already.
it is now

I PMed him earlier to ask that it be closed.
sorry i was reading the thread and checking on a few ccounts