R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
Regional Moderator
 
FroBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,671
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Xray 009 stolen from The Plex...on ebay right now please don't buy!

So, I wouldn't normally do this since I don't think it's anyone's business, but we had a new in the box Xray T2 009 stolen from us on Tuesday.

The dumbass put it on craigs list two days later. I emailed the guy pretending to be a buyer and he actually emailed me back. Full name and e-mail address. Got him, right?

Called the sheriff's office and gave all the information that I had. I even found the guys myspace account, and saw that this is in fact the guy that was in the store that I had suspected of stealing it.

Then he emails me again saying the item is no longer for sale.

No longer for sale because he put it on ebay tonight as a buy it now or best offer, trying to get rid of it.

Now, this is the best part. In his ebay sellers profile is a picture, again linking him as the thief.

There is one offer pending, and I'm hoping that person visits RC tech and sees this.

With tomorrow being MLK day he won't be able to ship it if someone does buy it, but I'm hoping that it doesn't get sold.

I've already reported it to ebay as stolen and the Sherrif's office is investigating. All we need is time.

Please don't e-mail the guy exposing him or anything like that.

I'd like him to stay oblivious to all this. He obviously doesn't know a thing about RC cars so I'm not worried about him finding this post, but I figured anyone who is interested in buying a T2 009 probably checks into RC Tech.

Thanks!
FroBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 378
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Maybe a link to the ebay ad...
Theslowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:11 PM   #3
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 378
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Is this it?
Theslowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:15 PM   #4
Regional Moderator
 
FroBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,671
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Yep, not hard to find since nobody has that car in stock right now.

I really hope they get this guy tomorrow.
FroBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

This description is enuf to tell you the idiot knows hardly anything about what he has got!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiot who stole car and posted on e-bay
Up for sale i have Team XRAY's 2009 1/10th scale 4WD electric on-road touring car. I guess this is a pretty awesome set up just not want i am interested in. Got this as a gift and really have no need for it. From what i have gathered this is the one to have. The part number is 300013 and is the eu addition. Not sure whats in the box put seems to just be the chassis and components. Please refer to Team xray website or google it to make sure its what you want, there will be no returns. Got it from an ex-girlfriend and would love to just return it but you know how that goes.
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:21 PM   #6
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
This description is enuf to tell you the idiot knows hardly anything about what he has got!
cut his F*&king head off!!! lol
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:05 AM   #7
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 378
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

**** that!

Cut his balls off!!! lol.

Damn. So how did he snatch the car up?
Theslowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:12 AM   #8
Tech Elite
 
HarryN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarryN
Default

I never understood the reason people do this kind of crap. It really leaves a tarnish on the hobby and the people involved in it as well. It was one of the things I had hoped died 4 years ago when I was on my hiatus. It looks like it hasn't.

I remember there was a race hosted by Old Towne Hobby in Manassass, VA. Someone had swiped someone's BRAND NEW radio from the race! I don't understand what leads people to do this crap.

If it is any consolation, I will be sure to warn the people at my track about this auction. I have it bookmarked and will show it to people.

I hope someone swindles this guy the same way he has done your store. I am very sorry for your loss.
__________________
Car(s): Team Losi 22 1/10 Buggy, Team Losi 22 1/10 Stadium Truck
Motors/Engines: SP 13.5 v1.0, SP 17.5 v3.0 x2, RevTech 7.5
Radio: Spektrum DX3R, DX3S
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:40 AM   #9
Tech Master
 
TwoTone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,002
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
I never understood the reason people do this kind of crap. It really leaves a tarnish on the hobby and the people involved in it as well. It was one of the things I had hoped died 4 years ago when I was on my hiatus. It looks like it hasn't.

I remember there was a race hosted by Old Towne Hobby in Manassass, VA. Someone had swiped someone's BRAND NEW radio from the race! I don't understand what leads people to do this crap.

If it is any consolation, I will be sure to warn the people at my track about this auction. I have it bookmarked and will show it to people.

I hope someone swindles this guy the same way he has done your store. I am very sorry for your loss.

It happened years ago at the Hobbytown races in Rockville. The one thing that still sticks in my mind was the police officers comment when he found out how much these 'toys' were worth. Something to the effect of how supprised the kids were going to be at the charges since the amount was over a certain number it which made it more than just petty theft.
TwoTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:53 AM   #10
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,085
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Isn't there way to notify ebay to pull an item because it's suspected to be stolen? I think I've seen this done before.
__________________
Speedpassion : Speedpower : East Coast Bodies
thunderbt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:08 AM   #11
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroBoy View Post
So, I wouldn't normally do this since I don't think it's anyone's business, but we had a new in the box Xray T2 009 stolen from us on Tuesday.

The dumbass put it on craigs list two days later. I emailed the guy pretending to be a buyer and he actually emailed me back. Full name and e-mail address. Got him, right?

Called the sheriff's office and gave all the information that I had. I even found the guys myspace account, and saw that this is in fact the guy that was in the store that I had suspected of stealing it.

Then he emails me again saying the item is no longer for sale.

No longer for sale because he put it on ebay tonight as a buy it now or best offer, trying to get rid of it.

Now, this is the best part. In his ebay sellers profile is a picture, again linking him as the thief.

There is one offer pending, and I'm hoping that person visits RC tech and sees this.

With tomorrow being MLK day he won't be able to ship it if someone does buy it, but I'm hoping that it doesn't get sold.

I've already reported it to ebay as stolen and the Sherrif's office is investigating. All we need is time.

Please don't e-mail the guy exposing him or anything like that.

I'd like him to stay oblivious to all this. He obviously doesn't know a thing about RC cars so I'm not worried about him finding this post, but I figured anyone who is interested in buying a T2 009 probably checks into RC Tech.

Thanks!
If you are 100% it is your stolen car, you should bid high on it i.e. $420 or something you know he'd "accept" ....then you got time before he ships it i.e. has to "wait" for you to pay. If it somehow ends up not beeing your car, you could always back out of the deal ...buyer's can't be neg'd anymore on Ebay anyways.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:26 AM   #12
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 649
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

You should contace Ebay directly or have the cops contact Ebay.

I would have the cops order it from Ebay and pay with a postal Money order. Once it's stolen goods via the USPS it's a felony. That's the beauty of Postal money orders and the Feds will pick him up anywhere in the US. Including work.
Fred_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:51 AM   #13
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Posts: 3,405
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy View Post
If you are 100% it is your stolen car, you should bid high on it i.e. $420 or something you know he'd "accept" ....then you got time before he ships it i.e. has to "wait" for you to pay. If it somehow ends up not beeing your car, you could always back out of the deal ...buyer's can't be neg'd anymore on Ebay anyways.
plus by ebays rules you have 7 days to pay for it so that stretches you to a week to get some police response.
__________________
*Vandal 4wd Late model*XXX-T sprinter*Micro scale specialties 1/24 'rock monster' crawler*MSS Micro-Rail*MSS Micro-Funny*MSS Micro-Outlaw*
2wdMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:03 AM   #14
Tech Master
 
Akhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alberta,Canada
Posts: 1,293
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I wish you the best of luck stopping this guy.

My experiences with e-bay/paypal have been less then steller when dealing with similar situations.
__________________
--Blaine--
VBC D07, VBC D08
www.carcar.ca
Akhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #15
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: UCLA
Posts: 196
Default

Check with the local police, it's likely that they want 2 things from you.

A) Proof that his box is exactly the stolen box (ex. serial number)
B) A witness pinpointing the guy who stole it
RickyIS300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:45 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net