Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 242speedster
anyone have any t1 parts that want to give them away for free or cheap? Im building a battlebot type oval racer monster.
I got a t1 tub chassis i'll get rid of.

red you have a pm
Old 01-29-2008, 03:38 AM
Tech Adept

Can anyone tell me was there any lexan spur gear covers made for the t1 fk05 ?
Old 02-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Questions?? Xray Chassis Identification

To all that may be able to help or offer insight. I recently scored a vintage Xray T1, which was the owner stated was an Evo. Now I have been out of the TC scene for quite a while, so am unfamilar with the platform. From what I see it may be a cross between two Xray T1 versions. I can tell the diff's are installed wrong (right to left configuration), and I noticed the front bulkhead was not anodized as the rear. I bought this for my 6 year old son to use, and for him to start racing in the 27T class here, but want to know what I have here. I also want to make sure, so I can download the right instructions from the Xray site. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-p1030874.jpg   Xray T1-p1030875.jpg   Xray T1-p1030876.jpg  
Old 02-08-2008, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

It looks like the front bulk heads are from a T1r, I got two, it looks like an evo chassis. I got the t1 chassis with 6 battery slots on each side.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by drbelleville
To all that may be able to help or offer insight. I recently scored a vintage Xray T1, which was the owner stated was an Evo. Now I have been out of the TC scene for quite a while, so am unfamilar with the platform. From what I see it may be a cross between two Xray T1 versions. I can tell the diff's are installed wrong (right to left configuration), and I noticed the front bulkhead was not anodized as the rear. I bought this for my 6 year old son to use, and for him to start racing in the 27T class here, but want to know what I have here. I also want to make sure, so I can download the right instructions from the Xray site. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

It looks like my T1FK. The Evo has a different upper arms in the front..pivot ball type. I would say the guess is right about it being a hybrid......alot of guys bought the FactoryKit conversion to get rid of the pivot balls.....The manual is at Xray...there is a long and short arm version so check closely what you buy at the LHS...I bought a incorrect part once....
Old 02-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by drbelleville

It looks like my T1FK. The Evo has a different upper arms in the front..pivot ball type. I would say the guess is right about it being a hybrid......alot of guys bought the FactoryKit conversion to get rid of the pivot balls.....The manual is at Xray...there is a long and short arm version so check closely what you buy at the LHS...I bought a incorrect part once....
Old 02-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

thanks for all the help,

One last thing, of which I do not know is a big deal, the rear and the front shocks differ, in both overall length and the front shocks caps have a sort of pin that falls into the top caps groove, where as the back ones have a molded sort of key that keys into the top cap.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'll look at the manual tonight and post a complete answer,,,,,,,,but I think the rear shocks are different...they use a clicker type damper adjustment. You can rotate them and do some adjusting.....not sure on this...I bought mine used as well and haven't had to open up the shocks.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

I belive the x-ray shocks are the same from front to rear.

Take a look at this page, you can used a fixed or adjustable pistions, you might have one kind in one fixed set of shocks and the others might be the adjustables.
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...ck%20Absorbers
Old 02-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

The rears are the sam as the EVO 2, and the fronts are the same as the original T1. They are all adjustable, with three clicks each.

I read some more in the thread about the T1, and now I wonder if it was a good investment to have my son race it, being that spares are hard to come by.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The T1 shares parts with the FK04 and the other T1 series cars.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The shocks on the original T1 are different front to back the rear are longer. The original chassis was only saddle pack the same as yours. The one with 6 slots each side started with the evo. The bulkheads on yours look to be evo/fko4. The original also only came with pivot ball susp. The "C" hub came later. Parts can still be bought for all of the Xray models.
SCOOTR117 is right about there being arms of 2 different lengths. The long ones attatch on the inside of the bulkhead.
I sold my last original T1 and my evo about 2 months ago and the new buyers have bought both new and used parts since.
You have got in my opinion an excellent car for your son to learn with. Very strong and still, believe it or not capable of competing at club level near the pointy end of the field.
Terry

Last edited by Team Ash; 02-09-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

I have been finding parts very easy, check e-bay, stormer, and other online shops. I just bought a cheap car and used it for parts.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

Thanks everyone for your help, I have ordered a few parts from Stormer and found quite a bit on ebay. I splurged and bought my son a set of new Xray aluminum shocks. So once all the parts arrive I will assist him with rebuilding the car and getting started.

Thanks again,

I will send pics once completed
Old 02-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

as for springs, tc3 ones fit. x-ray springs are way to much money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.