Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Xray springs are very close in diameter to TC3 springs. And smaller in diameter to Losi springs. They are about 0.52" ID. They are longer than both TC3 and Losi springs tho. About 1.02" long.
Old 04-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Great - thanks for the info. I have the TC3 springs at the moment, but find them a little too short. I'll get myself some Xray springs and shocks! Thanks for the info!

Mark.
Old 04-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

For the person that was wondering about the droop screws using the short arms on the T1R. Well it doesn't work too well. The screws set to far out on the chassis and it makes it flex too much. So essentially your droop is changing. So you will need to use internal limiters or use a carbon chassis.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Hey everyone I have a quick question.

I am ordering a T1R tomorrow morning and was wondering about parts durability. I have no local source for X Ray parts so I was wanting to go ahead and order 2 or 3 sets of anything that is more prone to breakage.

Like my TC3 snaps a front arm at least once a race weekend lol....basically the reason I am trying out an XRay. I have heard nothing but good things about them and just wanted to pay for shipping once if possible

thanks for any information you can share.

Oh yea, I am ordering the T1R ...the ultimate spring set....anything else right off? I was thinking about staying pretty basica on the setup till after I built the car but then i saw where most people run the short suspension arms. So any info like that would help too.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

hi guys, i have been browsing this forum ofor a couple of weeks, never got round to registering though.

looks good anyway

anyway, new92, you got an email.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:55 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by new92
I have no local source for X Ray parts so I was wanting to go ahead and order 2 or 3 sets of anything that is more prone to breakage.
Get front C-hubs and possibly steering blocks. I would order 2 pairs of Soft Front C-hubs in 3 degree and an extra pair of steering blocks.

The reason I suggest soft is because they are more forgiving and less likely to break than more rigid ones. If you can't get soft you can always boil your medium c-hubs... that should soften them some.

Good luck... I started with a T1R and loved it. Moved up to the EVO2 and love it too. You can't really go wrong with Xray.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

new92 I would get the factory team kit that was just released recently. As far as parts go, TQ Hobbies in Orlando has everything you will need.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

he says he doesn't want to ruin the carbon fibre chassis if he got one, which i can see why witha new car

mine still for sale if ya interested
Old 04-04-2004, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Yea, my original plans were to get the FT but then I decided that I will just get the Raycer and then if it works out for me as well as I am hoping I will buy a FT next

I am just looking for something to get me away from the TC3 lol. A buddy at the track I race at has an XRay but has been running his XXX-S lately. TQ souns good. A group of us are thinking about starting to make that a monthly road trip now that RPM is open.

I race on an asphault track right now and am planning on buying some other things to...either the Hudy or Integy gauges so I am using the money I had set aside for the FT to get those.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default question about short arms

how are you guys that have converted to the short arms setting droop?
I am trying to get a 1mm of up travel. And what i am seeing is that at that small of a setting, it is the arms that are flexing to get me the 1mm. The car is set to 4mm ride height and then I lift the chassis and measure 1 mm of up travel on both ends. I look at the dropp screws and they are up against the chassis. So it seams that the travel is from the arms flexing.

Is that what every one else is seeing?
Old 04-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Does BMI have a website with pictures of their x-ray chassis?
stevent
Old 04-05-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: question about short arms

Originally posted by theisgroup
how are you guys that have converted to the short arms setting droop?
I am trying to get a 1mm of up travel. And what i am seeing is that at that small of a setting, it is the arms that are flexing to get me the 1mm. The car is set to 4mm ride height and then I lift the chassis and measure 1 mm of up travel on both ends. I look at the dropp screws and they are up against the chassis. So it seams that the travel is from the arms flexing.

Is that what every one else is seeing?
Yes, this is a problem. You need to be very gentle when you pick the chassis up to look a droop. The droop setting is also very sensitive to changes. Before it was about a 1/8-1/4 turn per mm. Now its like 1/16th a turn for 0.5 mm change. Or something like that.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by stevent
Does BMI have a website with pictures of their x-ray chassis?
stevent
Here is the aqua one.

they kick @ss. Great chassis.
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-xray-aqua.jpg  
Old 04-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here's a pic of my BMI Xray. Top notch quality and stiff as a board! 3mm thickness top and main chassis. Jason is very talented.
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-jfbmixray1.jpg  
Old 04-05-2004, 10:36 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

John that thing is looking real good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.