Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
Hi there

i am running an EU spec T3 on carpet , i have ordred the 1 degree toe in rear uprights .

Can someone please explain what the differance is between 3 dergees inboard toe and 2 degrees inboard and 1 degree outboard ??

What does it do to the car ??

And what do 6 degree caster blocks do for handling ??

cheeRS Phil
Read here, it might help
http://home.scarlet.be/~be067749/58/tc/print.htm

www.andrefossto.wordpress.com
Old 02-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Anyone know where I can find the new Hudy weights here in the US?
Old 02-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know where i can find them, on my car,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol.

And thats the truth
Old 02-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=sidecarphil1;6996366]Hi there

i am running an EU spec T3 on carpet , i have ordred the 1 degree toe in rear uprights .

Can someone please explain what the differance is between 3 dergees inboard toe and 2 degrees inboard and 1 degree outboard ??

And what do 6 degree caster blocks do for handling

they 1deg toe hubs will "scrub" more than 0 deg causing the rear tyres to heat up more . they also help the stability of the car through faster corners .
you can also run the rear track width narrower due to the shims removed to maintain your initial toe , helping rotation through smaller tighter corners .

the 6deg caster will generally give more steering mid to exit of the corner and they will also make the car more stable over bumps due to the pin angle
hth gw
Old 02-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=G WESTWOOD;7000700]Hi there

And what do 6 degree caster blocks do for handling

they 1deg toe hubs will "scrub" more than 0 deg causing the rear tyres to heat up more . they also help the stability of the car through faster corners .
you can also run the rear track width narrower due to the shims removed to maintain your initial toe , helping rotation through smaller tighter corners .

the 6deg caster will generally give more steering mid to exit of the corner and they will also make the car more stable over bumps due to the pin angle
hth gw
i was going to add 0.75 to the front part of the rear arm to change the rear toe and make the rear wider
Old 02-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro ho
I know where i can find them, on my car,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol.

And thats the truth

thanks for your intelligent answer.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by matt rem
thanks for your intelligent answer.

No problemo,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default T3 tech updates

ok, something I found while racing thursday night. Is when i drive the car in the corner hard the rear end would step out HARD. I run 1.4 front bar and 0 rear. Looking into it I found the 52mm rear shaft blade touches the bearing race making the spring rate go from 2.6c to infinite lol. Anyhow, Fix for this is running 50mm rear drive shafts. Do yourself a favor, compress the rear shocks while on the car with your setup. At the same time rotate the drivetrain with the spur (pinion off) and see if you have the same problem. I haven't talked to paul about it but I noticed he has been using the 50mm shafts for a bit so I am thinking he knows about it . So if your on the no rear bar setup, look into getting some 50mm axles for the rear. Also, don't get to caught up in ultra short wires because after I did, I noticed it actually tweaked the chassis(12awg deans wire). I am testing more tomorrow and will post my setup that I settle on tomorrow night.

happy racing...
Old 02-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
ok, something I found while racing thursday night. Is when i drive the car in the corner hard the rear end would step out HARD. I run 1.4 front bar and 0 rear. Looking into it I found the 52mm rear shaft blade touches the bearing race making the spring rate go from 2.6c to infinite lol. Anyhow, Fix for this is running 50mm rear drive shafts. Do yourself a favor, compress the rear shocks while on the car with your setup. At the same time rotate the drivetrain with the spur (pinion off) and see if you have the same problem. I haven't talked to paul about it but I noticed he has been using the 50mm shafts for a bit so I am thinking he knows about it . So if your on the no rear bar setup, look into getting some 50mm axles for the rear. Also, don't get to caught up in ultra short wires because after I did, I noticed it actually tweaked the chassis(12awg deans wire). I am testing more tomorrow and will post my setup that I settle on tomorrow night.

happy racing...

Hey rex, maybe you need some driving lessons,lol,lol,lol
Old 02-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro ho
Hey rex, maybe you need some driving lessons,lol,lol,lol
well come over to timezone 2 and give me some driving lessons, while your doing that I will be the one lapping you
Old 02-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

rx7ttlm,

I'm very interested in details about your drive shaft binding issue and your results of further testing today. I've had significant issues with my car "snap" hooking and would love to know how confident you are that the 50mm dogs are the fix. I've been trying everything I can think of and not much works that isn't drastic and has significant compromises ( basically dumbing down the front suspension ).

Thanks,

Jake
Old 02-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm

happy racing...
Originally Posted by Magnet Top
rx7ttlm,

I'm very interested in details about your drive shaft binding issue and your results of further testing today. I've had significant issues with my car "snap" hooking and would love to know how confident you are that the 50mm dogs are the fix. I've been trying everything I can think of and not much works that isn't drastic and has significant compromises ( basically dumbing down the front suspension ).

Thanks,

Jake
Very interested in this also, been having the same problem.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matt rem
Anyone know where I can find the new Hudy weights here in the US?
So does anyone know of anywhere? I called and left a message with RC America on Thursday but they never got back with me.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowcel
So does anyone know of anywhere? I called and left a message with RC America on Thursday but they never got back with me.
Try Kogae at CanWest RC, he said he just got them in.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

just a fyi i have a t3 eu for sale if anyone is intrested, here's the link

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...3-eu-sale.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.