Search

2009 Halloween Classic Presented by The Gate and Northeast Grand Slam

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
you sir are a tool......

Wow U just gave me a warning and then insult a member lol at you but im giving u one infraction back.
You have received an infraction at R/C Tech Forums.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
-------
lol at Mr losi
Old 10-20-2009, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

interesting. Maybe I'm an oddball or I'm missing something since I relish the opportunity to run with and against a healthy crowd of really fast guys that I probably can't quite keep up with. The whole idea (for me at least) is to see how close I can get to the very best guys and to try and gradually narrow the gap between their results and mine. It's been a 20 year work in progress and thankfully the margin continues to shrink. Lately I've been close enough to see their tail lights and to sniff their exhaust. That does seem to be the fun of it. I don't feel the need to stand on top of the podium, but I do love the challenge of trying to stand on the end of the front porch alongside the big dogs.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor
interesting. Maybe I'm an oddball or I'm missing something since I relish the opportunity to run with and against a healthy crowd of really fast guys that I probably can't quite keep up with. The whole idea (for me at least) is to see how close I can get to the very best guys and to try and gradually narrow the gap between their results and mine. It's been a 20 year work in progress and thankfully the margin continues to shrink. Lately I've been close enough to see their tail lights and to sniff their exhaust. That does seem to be the fun of it. I don't feel the need to stand on top of the podium, but I do love the challenge of trying to stand on the end of the front porch alongside the big dogs.
major +1
Old 10-20-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

well im done on this topic i received a pm from chicky and for some reason even he thinks i should be lap traffic for fatory team drivers. well lets put it this way for even chicky too understand

I SUCK AND DON'T BELONG IN 10.5 OR 13.5 I BELONG IN 17.5

sorry Chicky ur pm made no sense and like fairtrace said early on your stupid rules cost atleast one racer
Old 10-20-2009, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
This post is simply to petition that people like Dennis be allowed in the 17.5 class at the NEGS, for exactly the same reason the 17.5 class rules were written.

I applaud the NEGS for making the 17.5 class a pure competition between ametuer hobbyists (sp?), but the current "top 5 rule" will preclude people like Dennis from participating in a class that was designed specificaly for them! People without factory backing, people who pay for their racing program, people who are honing their considerable skill set....people who have placed well at major races against the heavy hitters with factory backing. In essence, people like Dennis are exactly the type of racers that should win the 17.5 class at the NEGS, the very class where they would be racing against people of similar means.

When the up and coming racers look for comparison between themselves and the winners of the 17.5 class at the NEGS, they should see an unsponsored, well prepared, hard charging racer with the same chance of winning as themselves. For this reason alone, perhaps the "top 5" rule is a bit simplistic and assumes too much about those who fall into this category.
????

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6408016-post2333.html
Old 10-20-2009, 06:11 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HenBeav
wow....
Old 10-20-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
well im done on this topic i received a pm from chicky and for some reason even he thinks i should be lap traffic for fatory team drivers. well lets put it this way for even chicky too understand

I SUCK AND DON'T BELONG IN 10.5 OR 13.5 I BELONG IN 17.5

sorry Chicky ur pm made no sense and like fairtrace said early on your stupid rules cost atleast one racer
What a shame you won't be making the race,I'm sure we will all miss your sparkling personality.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

lol i love how people question personality When someone speaks up
Old 10-20-2009, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Old 10-20-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HenBeav
wow Beav looks like u have the search function down can u show us another trick

Top racing does help me i get the same price as a hobby shop whoooo hoooo im not a factory team driver so i dont have to worry that my comments will be reflected on See Top is smart in this industry they dont turn money away they take it unlike some other people in the industry

do u want EJ phone number too i have that also whats he gonna do tell me i cant buy TOP parts anymore

LOL well atleast i got some entertainment already today
Old 10-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well im done on this topic
Old 10-20-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

let me say this as long as keyboared cowards take shots ill be here to reply
Old 10-20-2009, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

let me say this as long as keyboared cowards take shots ill be here to reply
Wow I didn’t expect to win this award. I would like to thank the academy and my sponsors for allowing this opportunity to show my true colors. To tell everyone that the only reason I made the A-mains at the other races is because the fast guys had to race another class or didn’t show up to race. tears flowing down cheek. Again thanks to everyone for not showing up to race. I will cherish my A-main Academy awards. I will be signing posters and RC car bodies in the lobby.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

wow Beav looks like u have the search function down can u show us another trick

Top racing does help me i get the same price as a hobby shop whoooo hoooo im not a factory team driver so i dont have to worry that my comments will be reflected on See Top is smart in this industry they dont turn money away they take it unlike some other people in the industry

do u want EJ phone number too i have that also whats he gonna do tell me i cant buy TOP parts anymore

LOL well atleast i got some entertainment already today
just like to post whenever i see B.S. (see top thread for St. amaunt story)

just pointing out how you do get help since your buddy made it sound like it was 100% out of pocket

Didn't EJ tell you not to give out his number, so he don't lose another girl over being on the phone too much?

if you want to talk sometime i'm sure you'll see me around sometime, i was out at norcal when you came out and ran 17.5 for a couple of heats, and i was sitting 3 people down the row from you at vegas so i'm pretty sure you know who I am.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfilo456
Tri-State Hobbies And Raceway In Hamilton, Oh Will Be Holding a Halloween Classic Warm Up Race On October 24-25 2009 We Will Be Running The Same Classes As The Classic

Schedule

Saturday Oct 24
Doors Open At 9am
Open Practice Till 9pm
Sunday Oct 25
Doors Open At 9am
2-3 Rounds Of of Qualifying (Depending On Turnout)
Mains

Thanks
Doug Filo
Tri-State Hobbies And Raceway
513-889-3954
Reminding everyone about the "warm-up" race this weekend. Month old carpet with great traction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.