Wiki Posts
Search

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by higbo
How do we know if our KO 2.4 is the version that has no problems with 4PK?

What serial number affected?

apparently you pay your money and take your chances ....
Old 01-07-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

if you have a concern, just call and talk to robert. He is a great guy to talk to and won't bite you head. lol
Old 01-07-2009, 02:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Not a Helios question but KO neverthless...

I'm short a servo for this weekend and I have a KO 2413 in my MI3 but I need an extra, would it be ok to run that in a 4wd off road?

I'm just a bit leary cause it's a $130.00 servo and I don't wanna ruin it.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
Not a Helios question but KO neverthless...

I'm short a servo for this weekend and I have a KO 2413 in my MI3 but I need an extra, would it be ok to run that in a 4wd off road?

I'm just a bit leary cause it's a $130.00 servo and I don't wanna ruin it.
Adam, That servo will work no problem. I have used it in offroad.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Cool man, I just didn't want to crap out an expensive servo cause those aint cheap if you know what I'm saying lol
Old 01-14-2009, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

KO PROPO Staff,

I sent you a PM about the Helios EX-10 problems I am having. I also need a contact address for repairs in Australia.

Regards,

Calvin.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:58 PM

Default HHHHHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLPP PLEASE!

hi there im having major issues here in australia. I was just wondering if you can get a replacement aerial for a ko propo kr-408s reciever and where from. I have checked the ko web shop but they dont ship to australia and I cant find anyone in aust that i can source it through.
cheers
Old 01-01-2010, 03:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi All,

I'm sorry if I'm about to ask a repetitive question. With over 2000 posts in the thread it is easier to ask than to troll through the pages of posts.

I've recently purchased a EX-10 and am having troubles finding the EPA. All I've been able to find is the ST:Balance in the options. But am having a bit of a problem working out how to change it from the default 70. I go to the screen and I don't get an option to select left or right, with the only thing I'm able to do is hit the back button. Am i'm doing something wrong like holding my tongue in the wrong spot?

I spoke to a fellow EX-10 user at the local club, he mentioned that I had to turn the wheel to a direction and flick the trim switch in a correct direction. When I try to do this it is just adjusting the steering trim.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eceer
Hi All,

I'm sorry if I'm about to ask a repetitive question. With over 2000 posts in the thread it is easier to ask than to troll through the pages of posts.

I've recently purchased a EX-10 and am having troubles finding the EPA. All I've been able to find is the ST:Balance in the options. But am having a bit of a problem working out how to change it from the default 70. I go to the screen and I don't get an option to select left or right, with the only thing I'm able to do is hit the back button. Am i'm doing something wrong like holding my tongue in the wrong spot?

I spoke to a fellow EX-10 user at the local club, he mentioned that I had to turn the wheel to a direction and flick the trim switch in a correct direction. When I try to do this it is just adjusting the steering trim.

Your mate at club was almost right - turn wheel - and rotate setup wheel as you would in any other setup window
Old 01-01-2010, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eceer
Hi All,

Turn the wheel until you get an asterik at either the L or R and then just adjust it via the +/- button toward the front of the radio.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Turn it all the way left or right to get the asterisk...You kind of need three hands to do it AND change the settings...LOL
Old 01-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lochness42
Your mate at club was almost right - turn wheel - and rotate setup wheel as you would in any other setup window
Originally Posted by Still Bill
Turn it all the way left or right to get the asterisk...You kind of need three hands to do it AND change the settings...LOL
Originally Posted by Yeti35
Turn the wheel until you get an asterik at either the L or R and then just adjust it via the +/- button toward the front of the radio.
Thanks Gents for the feedback. I unfortunately had zero luck

I have made a little video which you can see below on what is happening when I try doing the mentioned.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I'm starting to think that there is a problem with the steering pot which is not allowing me to get full travel so the asterix doesn't show.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

scroll to "adjust VR" and reset the pots.

then you will be able to set steering balance
Old 01-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

+1

Find the VR Adjust. Once you find this, just select it for the steering channel, and move the wheel lock to lock several times and press enter. This should recalibrate the pots.

I actually do this every time I go to the track just to be sure. It's especially important to do this on any radio after traveling a long distance because when the radio gets banged around a bit, the pots can come out of calibration. Give it a shot and let us know how it works out for ya!

-Korey
Old 01-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
+1

Find the VR Adjust. Once you find this, just select it for the steering channel, and move the wheel lock to lock several times and press enter. This should recalibrate the pots.

I actually do this every time I go to the track just to be sure. It's especially important to do this on any radio after traveling a long distance because when the radio gets banged around a bit, the pots can come out of calibration. Give it a shot and let us know how it works out for ya!

-Korey
Legends!!!!!

Thanks Gents, a quick reset and I'm away.Thanks again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.