KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 11:54 PM
Tech Adept

king my serial # is behind module to it is a 7 didgit # but not in order as you say 300/of 900.there has to be a special cadence of serial #'s for such a limited run of production items.do you know,or just guessing?
Old 08-17-2007, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I am guessing as I do not have one. Check in the battery housing, maybe there's something there. Could you post a pic of it? Also calling KO could lead to some answers.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cristian Silva
Hi everyone,

-Im about to build a new EP car with all new ESC/servo and receiver etc.., I figure I need to reset all the settings on my helios before I do, is this correct?

-Once the car is built and all electronics are in should I recalibrate the helios using the VR setting?
What are the steps required.
any help would be appreciated.

thankyou.
could you guys give some help please.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You just need to set up a profile for that car. It is explained in the manual on how to do that.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just do a memory reset on the choice of # you wnat for your car.
Once done you need to put in the name, Reset VR and then rebind your receiver, than setup your ESC. This will give you the best possible binding and hasle free setup that I could find. Any other way and you can run into issues later on.
-Shookie <><
Old 08-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks Mr Shookie, once I do that, I need to adjust the steering trim right? Then run the car and center the steering balance, right? what about steering travel?
anything else I should be looking at, at this point?

thanks again.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks Mr Shookie, once I do that, I need to adjust the steering trim right? Then run the car and center the steering balance, right? what about steering travel?
anything else I should be looking at, at this point?

thanks again.
If you reset the memory of that channel you shouldn't have to mess with anything. It resets everything at 0 or 100.
Try to center your servo as close to dead center as possible and then use Sub Trim to dial the tiny bit left to either side.
Something that most people don't check and should...
Make sure that the turnbuckles that steer your car should be exactly the same length. If one is 2mm longer than the other the throws get all out of wack.
Just something that popped in my head...LOL
You can go to steering travel and add more until your steering links max out, then I back off a tiny bit. Keeps my servo from gettting over worked.
Hope all this jibba jabba has helped,
-Shookie <><
Old 08-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default helios c2

hello all i have a c2 radio and do not see any number on the radio or the carry case.nothing behing the module or in plain sight.hope this helps.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Modifying the helios brake lever

Hey guys,

I friend down at my track has a small piece of foam on his brake lever that perfectly fits my finger. He tells me it came with his Helios, although Horizon Hobby (who are the distributers for KO in the UK) have no idea what I'm going on about?!

Can anyone confirm whether the Helios used to come with a piece of foam for use on the brake lever? Or any ideas where I could buy one? I know it's pretty easy to make one, it's just that his is a perfect fit for my finger!

I've just sold my 3pk, have purchased a C2 and am extremely pleased with it.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

OlioC- It is probably the battery box lid foam that they used. It comes with the radio. I guess that you could use it on the brake lever.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

hi helios user, did anyone make comparison with esprit uni? which one is better. i am thiking of buying a esprit or helios comp.thanks

EngTat
Old 08-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this might belong on the espirit thread, but i'll try it here since it is related.

i have the helios (original) currently with the spectrum system. will that system drop into the espirit III radio 'as is'?

thanks in advance.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
OlioC- It is probably the battery box lid foam that they used. It comes with the radio. I guess that you could use it on the brake lever.
Hi KO Propo Staff - It's definately not the battery box lid foam. It's a much harder, denser foam that was already cut to shape?! It's strange that no one knows anything about it
Old 08-31-2007, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OliOC
Hi KO Propo Staff - It's definately not the battery box lid foam. It's a much harder, denser foam that was already cut to shape?! It's strange that no one knows anything about it
Then it didn't come with the radio when it was shipped out of Japan. Maybe it is a piece of foam tire.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gee-dub
this might belong on the espirit thread, but i'll try it here since it is related.

i have the helios (original) currently with the spectrum system. will that system drop into the espirit III radio 'as is'?

thanks in advance.
I have checked with Spektrum and they told me that the Helios spektrum
system is not compatilble the Esprit III. The KO PROPO 2.4 version should be out later this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.