Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ignore my last comment. I actually read and found the answers!!

Ray
Old 08-27-2003, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

They are around $45 bucks and they ARE blueprinted Associated diffs but Vic does them in a way that keeps the right and left sides of the diff aligned with each other and he also installs helicoils in the screws holes to keep them from stripping. The upper and lower diff halves are matched together too so they're marked to avoid confusion. Send an email to Vic at [email protected] for more info.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Heres my biggest question about the Warpspeed diff cases. Is the diff tight with very little or no endplay and slop after his blueprinting? I ask because I am trying ot build my car with very tight tolerances on everything to maximize its efficiency.My new FTTC3 with my own "blueprinted" diff cases was faster and easier to drive than my hogged out old FTTC3 tht got the dremel treatment. But my drivetrain will only spin for 5 secnds after a run on the track. That doesnt bother me at all-the 5-seconds-but if someone can get one to spin for 15 seconds-and it maintaines the tolernaces-heeelll yeaahhh!!!

Thanks,
Ray
Old 08-27-2003, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

There's was some side-to-side play, but two shims took care of it
Old 08-27-2003, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default reamer

I believe its 3/32"
Old 08-27-2003, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

when someone is saying how long their cars tranny will spin are they quoting with tires on or off?

Heck I could stick a steel flywheel on there and have a tranny that will spin for days.

I spend about a half hour on my diff cases and got about 10 seconds spin with wheels on.....this is with broken in rubber sealed bearings.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:37 PM

Aku-Man...I bought and use the warpspeed diff cases and I think they're great. I spent hours working on my stock gear cases to free them up and still only got my drive train to spin for about six seconds. After installing the warpspeed cases, my drivetrain spun for almost sixteen seconds. The difference on the track was noticeable too. I think they're worth the price.
They are out of stock right now. I will get it next week.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

patcollins - the 16 seconds was with tires on. The point of mentioning it wasn't so much about the time, but to point out how much more the diff cases freed up my drivetrain. Out of the box with bearings that were blown out and re-lubed with light oil, my drive-train spun for 1.5 - 2 seconds - my car was slow out of the turns, my motors ran hot and my times were average. If your drivetrain spins for 16 seconds, getting it to spin for 20 won't be felt much on the track. Going from 1.5 to 16 seconds is a difference that will be felt. 1.5 seconds means you have a lot of drag somewhere that can only be slowing you down. I have a EVO3 that wasn't performing well either. I simple removed the grease from the bearings and added light oil and it brought the car to life. You can spend a lot of time on setup and get your car hooked-up, but when you're running in expert stock, everyone is hooked up. You need every advantage you can get. You can't ignore your drivetrain.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:24 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by proudwinner
Lightspeed
anyone know lightspeed's website?
Old 08-27-2003, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TC3 Outdrives

What are most people running in the TC3 for outdrives?
I have am just getting into Touring cars.Just trying to see what most people like or dislike.

I have peiced this car together,So I do not have stock outdrives to install.

I have HardCore Racing Outdrives and Just got some Niftech outdrives,But wondering why there is no thrust spring or diff pring,What ever you choose to call it.I run alot of Niftech parts.I like all of them,Just this no spring in the diff had my wondering.I like the notched diff ring deal over the Hardcore,Just wanted some thoughts from you TC3 guys that have been doing this awhile.

Thanks for your time and responces

Last edited by rcmotorhead; 08-27-2003 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Mike F
anyone know lightspeed's website?
http://www.lightspeedrc.com/

Waz up Mike! Won't be out there this weekend BIG party going down in AR.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: WARPSPEED PRODUCTS

Originally posted by lem2
There is a warpspeed thread!! Mr.Warpspeed (victor) is always reading it!! or email him at [email protected]

Goodluck on your chasis!! mine is still a long way to go!!!!

Peace and happy racing!!! Lem
So you waiting on the late Spetember run too?? Placed a payment and did not think it would be that long, heh, less then a week and it seems like forever
Old 08-28-2003, 06:43 AM
Tech Champion

I just ordered my diff cases from Warpspeed. I cannot wait to install them and see if they really do spin longer.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
I just ordered my diff cases from Warpspeed. I cannot wait to install them and see if they really do spin longer.
I just ordered my set as well Ray. We'll have to see if it is money well spent.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok. You guys are peaking my interest. Do the cases from Warpspeed come as a pair, or do you have to buy two at the mentioned price? Are they the multi-holed design that works on the NTC3 shock towers? Sixteen seconds IS substantial over a standard drivetrain. DOTMAN, you mentioned blown bearings... what did you replace them with? Ceramics? I am still not convinced that all that freespin is necessary... someones laptimes would be a good thing to see, pre and post Warps tranny cases. Do the other guys you run against in expert stock run the Warp cases DOTMAN? Im not challenging you in anyway, just truly interested from a "scientific" point of view. One of the bad things about this sport, is one person that is fast at a local track can buy a new product and swear its the bomb... and everyone will go and buy it... even if it didnt substantially increase his laptimes.

One of my close friends from back home in VA got started in TC about four years ago with a TC3 that had every aluminum piece and hop-up the industry offered at that time. He got depressed in his performance and got to the point he felt no need to race if he didnt see any improvement. I asked him to buy a TC3 Racer kit (back when they came with teflon bearings) brand new, and he and i (i mostly) would build the car together. We took our time building the car paying attention to details, and making a few modifications on the way. No hopups (not even threaded shock bodies), some transmitter adjustments, and a few battery packs later, he was LAPS over his previous performance... not tenths of a second, but LAPS, and in the A. He has since gotten very good with his car, and proficient with setup. He doesnt get to run as often as he used too, but when he gets the rust off his trigger finger, hes fast, and always in the A at local races. I guess all i am trying to say is, it isnt always the parts you buy that makes you fast, but its making the most of what you have.

If the Warpspeed cases DO make a notable difference on the track in terms of laptimes, and not just "spintime", then i would be interested in them as well. The helicoils added would make the cases worth the money... as they would never strip, and most likely last the life of the car. I understand there is a thread on here for Warpspeed... but the discussion was mostly "plugs" about the chassis and the center brace. Any info would be appreciated in terms of track results.
- Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.