Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [[john]]
Hi, the plastic case is a non saleable item (At-least that's what SP told me), but they are prepared to supply the case. In my instance I was just charged for postage.

I'd recommend contacting SP HQ at '[email protected]' as this is what Solara suggested I do..

Best regards,
John.
Thank you...

Originally Posted by defcone
On the speedpassion website, the two contact details are retail stores. Where can I find the hk office email?

Thanks.

Edit: woah a minute late, thanks [john], ytmnd.
Good luck....
Old 03-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bumpy
Hey Guys.

Just trying to update my new 2.1 EX esc. Will it run with the newish 528 stock update or only the 205 mod software. Have done the update on the esc and then when connecting to the LCD box it says the software needs to be updated. Got a large race meeting this weekend and am only running 10.5 v3 motor so need stock profiles. Any help will be great.
Using the LCD programmer box, along with your computer, and the latest 1.35 software should get you the latest 101212_Stock software, that you can use with your 10.5 and full SUPERCHARGER feature...528 is no longer the latest stock software.

If the LCD box said need the update, you have to download this file and get the whole program update, then refresh your LCD programmer box. The file is below...unzip and install.

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...setupV1_35.zip
Old 03-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

this probably has already been answered before but the programmer box that came with my GT V2.0 ESC only goes up to I think 10 settings (cant remember) but then the set up sheet has settings for up to 13 (cant remember that either). Whats needed to adjust for those extra settings?
Old 03-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Using the LCD programmer box, along with your computer, and the latest 1.35 software should get you the latest 101212_Stock software, that you can use with your 10.5 and full SUPERCHARGER feature...528 is no longer the latest stock software.

If the LCD box said need the update, you have to download this file and get the whole program update, then refresh your LCD programmer box. The file is below...unzip and install.

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...setupV1_35.zip
Yeah finally figured it out. The lcd box needed updating and after that the new software updated to both my 2.1 prostock and 2.1 ex with no problems.

Thanks again.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i am going to be running my GT2.0 for our 0Timing races here in NL is it ok to run the speedo without the Caps ?? if not will i be able to use a smaller cap as the standard ones are well .........HUGE

also i have noticed that at ETS some of the quicker drivers (using Citrix and 13.5v3) have more power then the the "slower" drivers what are the tuning tricks for the SP v3 motor ????

cheeRS Phil
Old 03-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
If you are running no timing on ESC....crank the timing on the SP V3 motor to max (10*)....I used 10* on FULL BOOST ESC setting so you are not going to hurt the motor IF you have the right final drive done.

I don't know what is T2 internal is but for 17.5 V3, you can try running 3.7~4 final and check motor temp and feel after like 5-7 laps.

I think you can gear up more...no timing ESC is totally awesome.
Hi Solara

thank you for your reply and information on up coming products cheers mate

looking forward to having a run with the motor timing up at 10 and finding the right gearing

thanks for your help
Old 03-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I know on road is dead but are there any "Team" drivers coming to carpet Nats? Got some "Swag" to get rid of.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
I know on road is dead but are there any "Team" drivers coming to carpet Nats? Got some "Swag" to get rid of.
Nope, not a single one!!! LOL
Old 03-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

lol, I got a SP banner for you. gonna try and have a get together one night on me (Turtlemaster Racing) hope we can get a time and place worked out.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:49 AM
Tech Addict

i wanna use my SP GT2.0 ESC on my 12th scale with 1S battery, will be using a separate 2S Life battery for Rx/servo power.

my question is, do i need to disable the low voltage cut-off of the ESC? right now when i switch it ON with freshly charged 1S battery, the speedo beeps twice with 1-sec interval indicating low voltage.

t-i-a
Old 03-17-2011, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
i wanna use my SP GT2.0 ESC on my 12th scale with 1S battery, will be using a separate 2S Life battery for Rx/servo power.

my question is, do i need to disable the low voltage cut-off of the ESC? right now when i switch it ON with freshly charged 1S battery, the speedo beeps twice with 1-sec interval indicating low voltage.

t-i-a
i run the low voltage cutoff in the off position because when u get to the end of a run the pack will draw down below 3.0 and the car will shut off but be very careful on how long you run
Old 03-17-2011, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
why onroad is dead why would we spend a bunch of money to go to a race that nobody else will be there
Old 03-17-2011, 05:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mr crum
why onroad is dead why would we spend a bunch of money to go to a race that nobody else will be there
+1
Old 03-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
i am going to be running my GT2.0 for our 0Timing races here in NL is it ok to run the speedo without the Caps ?? if not will i be able to use a smaller cap as the standard ones are well .........HUGE

also i have noticed that at ETS some of the quicker drivers (using Citrix and 13.5v3) have more power then the the "slower" drivers what are the tuning tricks for the SP v3 motor ????

cheeRS Phil
One way to gain speed over your competitors is to degrease the 2 motor bearings and use light oil. It will make you go 3-5 km/h faster. There are some other stuff as well i am sure.

Now you know why i think the "0" rule and to spec everything to get a so called equality between drivers is just a load of bs ...see you at the mach!
Old 03-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mr crum
you see to me that just doesn't make sense, " turn outs gonna be low so I'm not going", and because you don't go, well.... turn out is low. time for another excuse if you ask me. blame bush or obama or the economy just get a better excuse.

besides turn out for this carpet nats is just fine. I believe its darn near a sell out.

http://www.roarracing.org/national_r....php?raceid=14

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.