Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dog Runner
I have a GT 2.0 ESC and am having trouble stopping the wheels fast enough when I hit the brakes.

What I'm looking to do is to stop the wheels fast enough to flick the car downwards in the air over a jump. Right now, I'm at maximum brake and the wheels slow down in 2-3 tenths of a second, but they don't stop cold like my Reventon or other brands of ESCs would do. Those brakes were so hard that you can dive the nose down in the air just by hitting the brakes. My GT 2.0 doesn't work that way - the brakes are way too soft.

I've tried all types of settings in the ESC and on my radio. Any thoughts? Does anyone else have this issue?
what is your reverse setting on the ESC? I have heard that the Reverse setting affects the brake setting. I turn it up to 100% as well and then configure even when running only forward and brake mode.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Open the Reventon interface on your computer, connect with your ESC and LCD card, when the interface started, hit "S" that will go to the safe mode....then if the computer asked to connect to ESC, hit "NO"....then it should get to the back door of the ESC connection and on the left you should be able to load the software that you want...
Thank you for the reply. I tried and it was looking good, but the Upgrade fails right away. Du you have any other suggestions or is it a lost cause when this don't work?
Old 12-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
what is your reverse setting on the ESC? I have heard that the Reverse setting affects the brake setting. I turn it up to 100% as well and then configure even when running only forward and brake mode.
Check this. Put the reverse force as high as it will go. I have GT's in all of my vehicles off road and on road and the brakes are always good.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Reventon Pro Reverse Problems

Hi everyone, I just picked up a Reventon Pro, put it in my HPI Sprint 2, and updated the firmware with Reventon Pro Drift with my computer and the program card. I updated the settings to add forward/brake with reverse and LiPo cutoff.

It worked for the first few runs, but now whenever i start it up, the two led lights come on, but after a couple of seconds the motor (a SP competition 3.0 5.5T) starts to make a buzzing noise and the lights go off. When i pull the throttle, the lights come back on, but I lose reverse functionality.

Can anyone help me?
Old 12-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 70savage
Hi everyone, I just picked up a Reventon Pro, put it in my HPI Sprint 2, and updated the firmware with Reventon Pro Drift with my computer and the program card. I updated the settings to add forward/brake with reverse and LiPo cutoff.

It worked for the first few runs, but now whenever i start it up, the two led lights come on, but after a couple of seconds the motor (a SP competition 3.0 5.5T) starts to make a buzzing noise and the lights go off. When i pull the throttle, the lights come back on, but I lose reverse functionality.

Can anyone help me?
Did you also calibrate your radio to the ESC?
Old 12-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Rookie

I calibrated when I put the ESC in, but before I updated the ESC Firmware. Re-calibrating did the trick. Thanks Nexus! I didn't think I had to do it again.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

My reventon pro failed badly today.

have been running it with 8.5t and mostly 17.5blinky. today i wanted to try mod so soldered in a 4.5t motor, geared it same as all the other 4.5 drivers was using, after 4-5min the esc stopped working. measured it and it was 95 degrees celsius! the cap and minus wire was unsoldered from the board... its dead now.. was using blinky software, drrs on 1, 20% dragbrake
one other driver is using a reventon pro 1.1 and he can drive 7min without problems with a 4.5 on the track

bought mine at rcmart, but cant seem to find where to contact speed passion on their homepage? would be nice to get a quote on what repairtcost would be or if i just has to throw it and get a new esc from another company instead
Old 12-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies regarding my lack of brakes on my GT 2.0. A Speed Passion guy at my track reinstalled all new software and worked some magic and now it's as it should be. I'm not sure what he did, but it was a lot of tweaking here and there.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just got the Reventon pro 1.1 and a MMM 17.5 this week and ran it for the first time yesterday at a regional series race taking 3rd place. Super smooth and fast combination. I advanced the endbell timing to maximum for the mains and was temping about 140 degrees F. After 6 minutes. I wonder how much more gear I can give it......
Old 12-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Finally got around to installing my Reventon Pro into the B4 buggy with a 10.5 motor. I am interested in using the wifi module to make changes with my iphone. Reading through the Speed Passion notes on the module it states that it will not work with the most recent iphone OS which is ios7. Is this still a problem and if so, will it be worked out to be able to use the wifi module with the iphone?
Old 12-16-2013, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

Default stock club race esc

so i just tried to run this today for the first time in my touring car with a 10.5t motor but the brakes barely work. I'm pretty sure i calibrated the esc properly at neutral then full throttle then full reverse. i even changed he spa to maximum (120%) but it hardly made a difference.

is this how it should be? any thoughts?

cheers
jason
Old 12-17-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi..._v1_1_0_24.zip

Another update....latest V24 interface. Including the long waiting V21 BLINKY software just got ROAR approval. However, we are still waiting ROAR to list it on their website so you might not see it listing the V21 on the site and IF your track is concern about the ROAR approval status, please keep using the V20 software from your previous download.

EX customer............they must use the V23.5 interface or this current V24 interface. Anything before the V23.5 interface will NOT WORK.

Key feature of the EX is....aiming for 12th scale racing, but can also run with 2 cells....cannot do 3 cells like V1.1 PRO does. And yes, it is BLACK, it is faster (depends on your personal like....LOL) Also...the EX, come standard with the used to be optional SUPER CAP. Bonus.....however, it does not come with the LCD programmer card as we thought most ppl are REVENTON current customer and they might more then 1 LCD card laying around. But purchasing the EX on our direct sale site, for extra $10, we will throw in the LCD as a special....that LCD card retail is $28 USD.

Good luck racing everyone.....and please visit our new online store at SPEED POWER RC (see below link)

http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/reventon-pro-1-1-ex/

Old 12-17-2013, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Message for Solara - I bought a Reventon S which stopped working in its first race. I returned it to RCMart who have returned it to Speed Passion for repair / replacement. That was a month ago. How long must I wait to find out what is happening ? I've emailed Speed Passion directly, but they haven't replied.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bappe
My reventon pro failed badly today.

have been running it with 8.5t and mostly 17.5blinky. today i wanted to try mod so soldered in a 4.5t motor, geared it same as all the other 4.5 drivers was using, after 4-5min the esc stopped working. measured it and it was 95 degrees celsius! the cap and minus wire was unsoldered from the board... its dead now.. was using blinky software, drrs on 1, 20% dragbrake
one other driver is using a reventon pro 1.1 and he can drive 7min without problems with a 4.5 on the track

bought mine at rcmart, but cant seem to find where to contact speed passion on their homepage? would be nice to get a quote on what repairtcost would be or if i just has to throw it and get a new esc from another company instead
Did you use this page?
http://www.rcmart.com/contact_us.php

Originally Posted by jw_rooster
I just got the Reventon pro 1.1 and a MMM 17.5 this week and ran it for the first time yesterday at a regional series race taking 3rd place. Super smooth and fast combination. I advanced the endbell timing to maximum for the mains and was temping about 140 degrees F. After 6 minutes. I wonder how much more gear I can give it......
Nice. It's a fine line with timing and heat, but 140 is solid to run a 17.5. Depending on the layout higher timing isn't necessarily faster. Play with gearing and timing if you have time.

Originally Posted by picko990
so i just tried to run this today for the first time in my touring car with a 10.5t motor but the brakes barely work. I'm pretty sure i calibrated the esc properly at neutral then full throttle then full reverse. i even changed he spa to maximum (120%) but it hardly made a difference.

is this how it should be? any thoughts?

cheers
jason
Jason,

Just to test use a new profile on your radio and then do the calibration.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Solara

Good luck racing everyone.....and please visit our new online store at SPEED POWER RC (see below link)

http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/reventon-pro-1-1-ex/

We are also running a Christmas sale on Speed Power RC.
shop.speedpowerrc.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.