Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

New firmware released....V22

http://www.speedpassion.net/files/SP..._v1_1_0_22.zip

I strongly recommend everyone on UNINSTALL the old firmware and reinstall this new one. The new firmware has the best "recovery" base design that should take care most and all of the known "update error"....please take a look at the "Safe Mode User Guide" in order to access the "backdoor" if your ESC encounter any kinda update failure problem...
Old 01-11-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by alloyslash
I got my SP Certix in from AMain today so I need some clarification. When you say 2nd wire from left, is that on the motor or looking at the ESC?
STOP....that cutoff problem only happened on REVENTON series ESC. Your ESc is Cirtix, you DO NOT need to do that...
Old 01-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rimracker
Solara PM
Did I answered your PM...? If not...I did not receive your PM, please send again...

Originally Posted by X men
Solara, please check pm...Thanks!!
Did I answered your PM...? If not...I did not receive your PM, please send again...
Old 01-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

There is a new fan and customer driven website www.teamspeedpassion.com. There are a few pictures in the media gallery with the exact cars you guys mention.

It's a great site for finding pictures of SP products in specific cars, reviews, etc. Take a peek You can even submit pictures and your own local race results.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Solara

I strongly recommend everyone on UNINSTALL the old firmware and reinstall this new one. The new firmware has the best "recovery" base design that should take care most and all of the known "update error"....please take a look at the "Safe Mode User Guide" in order to access the "backdoor" if your ESC encounter any kinda update failure problem...
It says that it is new software for pc and usb. It doesn't say v22 firmware for reventon pro it says v20 release for stock and mod. Is this a misprint? Will this new program sort out the lack of power for 13.5's?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nexus
There is a new fan and customer driven website www.teamspeedpassion.com. There are a few pictures in the media gallery with the exact cars you guys mention.

It's a great site for finding pictures of SP products in specific cars, reviews, etc. Take a peek You can even submit pictures and your own local race results.
Nice!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Solara

Windows 8 ready or i have to run it in Win7 compatibility mode ?
Old 01-12-2013, 05:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 76Trans Am
Hi,
I received the Reventon pro and have it in the car. I raced the last 2 weekends and love the punch and braking power. However after a 5 min heat race when I stop the car. The ESC is turning itself off. I also had it shut itself off when I had crashed near the end of a heat and was waiting to be marshaled. I am running 21.5 Blinky. The lipo cut off is turned off as well as the temp cut off. I also added the fan to see if it would help but it does not.
Any ideas ? LMK Thank you.
Just tried my brand new Reventon Pro tonight at a club meet, I'm getting the EXACT same problem. Happens after a 6min race, ESC temp was 42 degrees (c) and when you turn it back on it starts repeatedly beeping with no throttle response.
I'm running the Stock0 blinky firmware that I downloaded to it from the latest software release, I'm wondering if that's something to do with it as a mate at the track has one and he didn't update and doesn't have that problem.

Lipo cutoff is off but when I change to a fresh pack the speedy operates fine so I'm confused as hell. I'm running 21.5 blinky and it doesn't use more than 3000mAh of a 6600mAh pack so I find it hard to believe it something battery related.

Couldn't find a reply to TransAm's question, is anyone else getting this problem too?

edit: i found some replies saying its incompatibility with some motors which imo is shit! I'm using a LRP x12 21.5 I'm going to order a SP 21.5 to test this theory (need a spare motor anyway).

Last edited by ript; 01-12-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ript
Just tried my brand new Reventon Pro tonight at a club meet, I'm getting the EXACT same problem. Happens after a 6min race, ESC temp was 42 degrees (c) and when you turn it back on it starts repeatedly beeping with no throttle response.
I'm running the Stock0 blinky firmware that I downloaded to it from the latest software release, I'm wondering if that's something to do with it as a mate at the track has one and he didn't update and doesn't have that problem.

Lipo cutoff is off but when I change to a fresh pack the speedy operates fine so I'm confused as hell. I'm running 21.5 blinky and it doesn't use more than 3000mAh of a 6600mAh pack so I find it hard to believe it something battery related.

Couldn't find a reply to TransAm's question, is anyone else getting this problem too?

edit: i found some replies saying its incompatibility with some motors which imo is shit! I'm using a LRP x12 21.5 I'm going to order a SP 21.5 to test this theory (need a spare motor anyway).
I've got the same issue with my Reventon Pro, using a Vampire Type AB+ motor. We were just speculating that it was a motor compatibility issue, but no confirmation from the guys at Speed Passion yet. Would be nice to hear their views on the problem...
Old 01-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah, it doesnt work with LRP motors. Unfortunately i had to sell my LRP motors. Tested with SP 10.5 and no issue, now got new Thunder Power and wondering how that one will run.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would need to verify and research, but it might be the LRP motor has internal sensors. If this is the case, disabling the 2nd wire on the sensor cable could potentially solve your problem.

You could try (carefully) removing the second wire pin from the sensor connector and run your car.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

Originally Posted by SP Tech
I would need to verify and research, but it might be the LRP motor has internal sensors. If this is the case, disabling the 2nd wire on the sensor cable could potentially solve your problem.

You could try (carefully) removing the second wire pin from the sensor connector and run your car.
i have verified this, from Solara, and others... the Tekin V-2 motors, my Tekin V-1 17.5 motors, and some Novack motors need to have the 2nd wire from the left (as you look at the motor) either cut or removed to work properly...

But, they do work very well..... I love my Reventon Pro
Old 01-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's starting to look easier to list motors that do work with the Pro than what does not...

I can say my Thunder Power (10.5T) has been working just fine with mine.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yup +1 for Thunderpowers working fine, mate was running the 17.5 without any problems at all.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Yes, it would definitely seem that this motor 'compatibility' issue is more widespread than first thought. So far then, here are a list of known motors to have the problem, where the ESC will just switch itself off, when the car is stopped at/or towards the end of a race:

Viper
Vampire Type AB+
Hobbywing
LRP X12
Novak
Tekin V-1 and V-2?

Are the other speedo manufacturers having this same compatibility issue? Although it is a relatively easy fix to cut the 2nd wire on the sensor cable, it shouldn't really be necessary. Are Speed Passion looking into a more user friendly solution?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.