Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Reventon pro and blaze 550 5700kv test

Tested my Reventon pro and blaze 550 5700kv motor in my Tekno 410sct Sunday. Reventon was set to stock 0. dsr 2 break force 80% drag break 10%. temp off. vot off. two 10 min practice runs. Three heats. one main TQ and Win. ESC worked great The truck was a land missile. Truck was geared 12 p stock spur. ESC temp was 145 at end of run motor 125. Can Anyone or is anyone in touch with the Speed Passion Team Rep? Is it still Albert? I have been geting my stuff from Schumacher and have lost contact with the team manager. I need some speed Passion sticker sheets. i have emailed SP USA with no reply's twice. PM me Please Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails The Speed Passion Thread-tekno-new.jpg   The Speed Passion Thread-tekno-build.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
main heat.pdf (71.4 KB, 187 views)
Old 03-26-2013, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default Wfi Module

I am having a problem with a brand new Wifi Module, it won't stay connected with the iOS device, i have tried reseting the module but does not change.
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks terry

Edit: got it to point that I can connect to the iOS device and connect to the App, but does not get any Data from the ESC. Tried three different cables between the ESC and Module.

Last edited by durtbag; 03-26-2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Better info on issue
Old 03-26-2013, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdawg81
I bought the 17.5 MMM motor and it arrived at the end of February but I've been having some problems with it. When I accelerate it kind of bogs and hesitates a bit before it gets going. I also noticed it's not any faster than my old Speed Passion motor that had no timing adjustment on it. I thought it was the sensor cable so I ordered a new one and tried that but I still got the same problem. I'm using a Reventon Pro with this motor too to replace the old Citrix ESC I was using before. So I took out the sensor board and did a bit of troubleshooting with a multimeter to test the connections and I noticed that there are two empty solder pads. It looks like a capacitor or resistor should go there but I"m not sure. Can anyone confirm if my sensor board is missing a component in the area I have circled in red?

Whats the speed control BEC power rating? servo? I had a similar problem and found out it was my speed controls BEC. The BEC wasn't strong enough to power my high speed servo and motor properly. All I needed to do i buy a extra power cap and plugged it into my receiver. Problem solved.

You can do a quick test and see if that is the problem. Put your car on a stand, turn it on, give the motor some throttle and check if its bogging. If its not then the next step would be - give the motor throttle and move the servo left and right fairly quickly. If its starts to bog or cog then its your BEC.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by EDWARD2003; 03-26-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by durtbag
I am having a problem with a brand new Wifi Module, it won't stay connected with the iOS device, i have tried reseting the module but does not change.
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks terry

Edit: got it to point that I can connect to the iOS device and connect to the App, but does not get any Data from the ESC. Tried three different cables between the ESC and Module.
Does your ESC could successfully connect to Program card and PC?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WMGary
Does your ESC could successfully connect to Program card and PC?
I dont have a Program Card, just the Module.

The ESC does work when hooked directly to the Receiver, just can't make any adjustments through the Module.

The App does show the ESC connection as being ON as it is highlighted in green, but when press the OFF button nothing changes. And the App keeps asking me to connect the ESC.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

I dont have a Program Card, just the Module.

The ESC does work when hooked directly to the Receiver, just can't make any adjustments through the Module.

The App does show the ESC connection as being ON as it is highlighted in green, but when press the OFF button nothing changes. And the App keeps asking me to connect the ESC.
In this case, you need a program card and connect ESC to PC. Use "safe mode function" to update the ESC firmware. If you and your friends do not have the program card. Maybe you need to talk with Speed Passion Customer Service for further support.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WMGary
In this case, you need a program card and connect ESC to PC. Use "safe mode function" to update the ESC firmware. If you and your friends do not have the program card. Maybe you need to talk with Speed Passion Customer Service for further support.
Thanks WMGary, the idea of buying the Wifi Module was to eliminate the need for a program card, and having to use a PC. I don't own a PC, just Apple, so the Program card would be useless to me.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks WMGary, the idea of buying the Wifi Module was to eliminate the need for a program card, and having to use a PC. I don't own a PC, just Apple, so the Program card would be useless to me.
Are you sure the wire connection is right?

Old 03-29-2013, 05:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Picked up a Stock Club Race ESC. Will be using a 17.5 motor. Just wondering what FDR should I aim for. Wont be using it for racing. Just want to run around my nearby parking lots.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdawg81
Can anyone confirm if my sensor board is missing a component in the area I have circled in red?

Since it doesn't appear anyone has answered your question directly, YES, your sensor board is missing one of the pickups. There should be three of them and you only have the two. This will probably freak our your ESC a bit and certainly won't allow you to achieve full power (the ESC likely has to revert to sensorless mode). Contact Speed Passion and have them send you a replacement. I was looking at my collection of sensor boards and see that the soldering jobs on them are all over the map as far as quality.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

erm, NO - check to the left of the red circle, there you will see the 3rd hall sensor I believe.

I think where the red circle is placed, is the space for the temp sensor that SP chooses not to have the OEM fit. GM have in the past used this same sensor board, and on their earlier ones there was this space, the later ones had the sensor.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

You are correct. I guess I shouldn't look at stuff like this so late at night.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi guys can you please tell me if this sounds off ,
It's the mmm 17.5r motor and I'm just not sure if this sounds right
Please have a look at the YouTube video I made
http://youtu.be/B-oS62JgMAM
Old 03-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds fine to me.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Cheers mate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.