Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtbboy
Can I run a reventon r in 1s mode?
If so how.

D.

A receiver pack or voltage booster are the ways to do it.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by WMGary
Bad contact of sensor cable or overload motor timing could make this happen. In this case, your esc is no function on motor channel "A, B or C". Therefore, it will be no beep sound when you do the calibration. If your ESC is within warranty, contact SP Customer Service for further support (RMA).
Thx for a quick reply.
The esc is brandnew from last wednesday and did a perfect practice on thursday.
I really don't understand that it could be a overload of motortiming, the motor is a speedpassion 17.5T MMM with the timing set at 15° (before it was on 10°)
I've allready contacted the seller (tonisport) last night and now awaiting for an answer.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

i just bought a Revention R ESC and I have trouble getting the car to do reverse. I don't understand the manual. Is it possible to make the car go into "Forward/Reverse with Brake mode" with just by programming it by using the SET key on the ESC or do I need something extra? I don't have a program card.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rob2
Does anyone have a setup for the Reventon Pro that will give a brushed motor feel? I'm racing dirt oval and just looking for a little help setting my speedo. I've always ran LRP's and would like the same feel. Any help would be appreciated.
You might try 20% Drag Brake and 10% Initial Brake; from there I would adjust the brakes on your Tx to your taste. You will probably wind up turning down your Tx brake setting from 100 to something like 60-80 if you have a good blue groove. Please let us know if this helps.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by coretex
i just bought a Revention R ESC and I have trouble getting the car to do reverse. I don't understand the manual. Is it possible to make the car go into "Forward/Reverse with Brake mode" with just by programming it by using the SET key on the ESC or do I need something extra? I don't have a program card.
you need to set it up by connect it to a PC or laptop to choose what kind of main mode you want to run your esc at. just follow the manual careful and just do it step by step. hope this helps
Old 02-18-2013, 01:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Andy w
I have a Reventon R with stock0 firmware installed. Everything works fine as far as the esc but I can't make adjustments with the program box. It recognizes it and can go through the menu but when I want to change the value and press ok hash marks show on the box and it freezes. The change does not get saved.

I have tried a different box and it does the same thing. Any ideas?
I would re-flash the box with the latest software again. If that doesn't work then I would try re-flashing the esc from a laptop/desktop.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Team_Elli
you need to set it up by connect it to a PC or laptop to choose what kind of main mode you want to run your esc at. just follow the manual careful and just do it step by step. hope this helps
okay but i dont have that card. i have to buy a card just to get a car do reverse? bohoo
Old 02-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

If so how.

D.
Remember that you have to run the radio wire harness from the speedo to the rx with all 3 wires connected. Do NOT remove the red wire like you would for other speedo's.

Also, I was able to successfully test and run the Stock1 software in 1s (12th mod) with the Reventon Pro last Thursday with no problems. I use a Hobbywing 1s Booster on the Reventon Pro. The booster is wired to the positive and negative battery terminals and plugs into the battery slot of my Rx. To turn the esc off you will normally have to either unplug the pack or the booster plug. For convenience I finally wired a small switch in-line of the positive wire of the booster so that I could turn the esc on and off with it instead. When you want to use the lcd box to change parameters you either have to unplug the booster from your Rx and then plug it into the power slot at the far right of the box (don't forget to plug the esc in as well), or you have to plug a Rx battery pack into the power slot on the lcd box. I love the Reventon Pro, it runs really cool on the temps, it is super smooth, very fast, and very adjustable.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If so how.

D.
It CANNOT...only REVENTON PRO can run in 1s with voltage booster/receiver pack...but not REVENTON S and REVENTON R...sorry.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy w
I have a Reventon R with stock0 firmware installed. Everything works fine as far as the esc but I can't make adjustments with the program box. It recognizes it and can go through the menu but when I want to change the value and press ok hash marks show on the box and it freezes. The change does not get saved.

I have tried a different box and it does the same thing. Any ideas?
Should you update the LED card, there is a V1.3 version for the LED box, your LED box might be still running the V1.1 or V1.2.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by coretex
okay but i dont have that card. i have to buy a card just to get a car do reverse? bohoo
Ooh...i tought the R came with it, is there anyone else at the track or friend you know that could borrow the LCD prog.box to you so you could change it. but i recommend you to get one anyway so you could update firmware and change setup on your esc much more easly
Old 02-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Team_Elli
Ooh...i tought the R came with it, is there anyone else at the track or friend you know that could borrow the LCD prog.box to you so you could change it. but i recommend you to get one anyway so you could update firmware and change setup on your esc much more easly
The R should come with the LCD box, at least SP list it as doing so. I have seen RC Mart selling them without the box really cheap though, so maybe a few other places have been doing that too.

@ coretex

You could purchase a box or find someone who will let you borrow theirs.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Enyone have A good setup with the Reventon PRO, for 17.5 boosted?
I Run the ThunderPower 17.5T.
What FDR, and ESC settings should i start with, for A small/medium track.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:45 PM
Tech Rookie

any internationally known racer user of the reventon pro? im still thinking of reasons to convince myself to get one :|
Old 02-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by canon
any internationally known racer user of the reventon pro? im still thinking of reasons to convince myself to get one :|
Marc Reinhardt(Muchmore fleta wich is the same as the pro)and Jorn Neumann is the biggest names that i know using this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.