The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Rookie

ok,thanks
Old 11-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Solara. I have one laptop that has Windows XP and I various software downloads, all the Speedpassion programs over the years, Castle, novak, tekin, hobbywing, all of them work without issue, the new Revention software will not work as described by the above poster,

however on my laptop with Windows 7 it works without issue, I wonder if some of the issues are with Windows and which program and or windows updates you have..

in my current car I had the pro stock esc, works fine goes between programs fine all is good, pulled it and installed Revention Pro as I'm switching to Mod.

can someone tell me the difference between the different programs for the Revention.

thanks.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Re: cirtix connecting issue

Is there any trick to connect the cirtix stock spec esc to the programing card? I have them plug together and the only message I got is "connecting esc". It doesn't go any further than that.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joech
Is there any trick to connect the cirtix stock spec esc to the programing card? I have them plug together and the only message I got is "connecting esc". It doesn't go any further than that.
I maybe wrong but I think the cirtix stock spec only work with the LED setup box. It will not work with the reventon box.

http://www.speedpassion.net/en/produ...PESCPB01&c=OPT
Old 11-27-2012, 02:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Solara
That is EXACTLY what MOD2 does....Jorn Neumann personally help setup that software to the way exactly what he like....but only for REVENTON PRO. I am wondering that might be the reason why it works only on 140A esc but not the 70A.....

He was using that software on the indoor carpet track and it actually tear up the carpet at couple areas....(that he ended up helping to patching the carpet after the testing..)
Wow thats a lot of brakes! Sounds like a calmer version of Mod2 for the R would be perfect!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Default best setup for Reventon PRO with LRP X12 motors?

Hi,
I currenty use LRP X12 motor (6.5T octa wind) in my Durango 1/10 4WD Buggy. Recently I've bought the lastest Reventon PRO ESC. I would like to set a basic settings for the new ESC with this LRP X12 motor. It is well known that LRP motor have higher mechanical timing on the motor can (min. 27.5 deg), while standard SP motors have less mechanical timing (0-10 deg for SP Comp. V3 and 10-20 deg. for SP Comp. V3 MMM). I'm wondering what would be the best values to have smooth feel, enough power and not to burn the motor?

My second question is, if Reventon PRO ESC would work properly with temperature sensor that is built-in LRP X12/X20 motors? SP warns that with Viper motors there is a problem caused by temp sensor in the motors in sensored mode.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com
I maybe wrong but I think the cirtix stock spec only work with the LED setup box. It will not work with the reventon box.

http://www.speedpassion.net/en/produ...PESCPB01&c=OPT
I tried the one you mentioned and it doesn't light up. With the other card, it just stay on connecting esc. I just want to change to more aggressive profile and i am at a lost.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Cirtix Stock Club Race ESC does not work with computer or USB at all...it is design for spec racing without any computer software update, it will only be in blinky mode.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

I tried the one you mentioned and it doesn't light up. With the other card, it just stay on connecting esc. I just want to change to more aggressive profile and i am at a lost.
There are NO aggressive mode on this ESC...only option is drag brake, brake and thermal protection....period.

If you do want the more advanced model but still stick with the non computer adjustable ESC...the new REVENTON STOCK CLUB RACE is the new replacement of the CIRTIX.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Cirtix Stock Club Race ESC does not work with computer or USB at all...it is design for spec racing without any computer software update, it will only be in blinky mode.
Is it possible to change DRRS and drag brake?

Thanks.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by skypilot
Solara. I have one laptop that has Windows XP and I various software downloads, all the Speedpassion programs over the years, Castle, novak, tekin, hobbywing, all of them work without issue, the new Revention software will not work as described by the above poster,

however on my laptop with Windows 7 it works without issue, I wonder if some of the issues are with Windows and which program and or windows updates you have..

in my current car I had the pro stock esc, works fine goes between programs fine all is good, pulled it and installed Revention Pro as I'm switching to Mod.

can someone tell me the difference between the different programs for the Revention.

thanks.
There are no problem about the REVENTON software....except some customer do unplug the ESC before it is completed and ended up "bricking" the ESC. We have the internal software that can unbrick the ESC but that required customer to send the ESC in....I have personally yet to experience any HANGUP or FREEZE on the Reventon, but I do purposely "BRICK" the ESC so that I can experience the same like these customer does and provide solution....as well as the Apple wireless and Android wireless update. I have more then 30 brand new bricked ESC and each with its own problem and solution on them...all noted.

Like you said...it could be the computer or window problem, but all we are doing is trying to FIX the problem for whatever reason...I will do my best.

There are not much about the REVENTON PROGRAM...here are the brief details on them...

Drift1 - Drift...drift and drift with drift sound file built-in.
Rock Crawler1 - Climbing Rock....

Stock0 V20 - ROAR approved blinky mode

Stock1 - boost, turbo software for On and Off Road use...4x4 SCT (but not for 4 poles motors)

Mod0 - Ideal for mod motor with static timing only...with reverse
Mod1 - Ideal for mod motor with static timing only...without reverse
Mod2 - Ideal for OFF ROAD mod motor use with static timing only....without reverse

REVENTON PRO came with all of the above....
Reventon R came with everything above except Mod2 (might add to R later)
Reventon S came with everything above except Mod2 and Stock1 (with not add to the S due to the ESC can't handle these software).
Old 11-28-2012, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Is it possible to change DRRS and drag brake?

Thanks.
With the CIRTIX programming card...you can adjust drag brake, and brake and thermal protection, but NO DRRS on Cirtix.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Which is the fastest FW for the PRO with 5.5R SP ?
Everyone play with 4.5 boost , its a big track .
I have istall the latest stock with all max .
The mod is better ? Can i use hybrid boost at mod ?
Old 11-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

There are no problem about the REVENTON software....except some customer do unplug the ESC before it is completed and ended up "bricking" the ESC. We have the internal software that can unbrick the ESC but that required customer to send the ESC in....I have personally yet to experience any HANGUP or FREEZE on the Reventon, but I do purposely "BRICK" the ESC so that I can experience the same like these customer does and provide solution....as well as the Apple wireless and Android wireless update. I have more then 30 brand new bricked ESC and each with its own problem and solution on them...all noted.

Like you said...it could be the computer or window problem, but all we are doing is trying to FIX the problem for whatever reason...I will do my best.

There are not much about the REVENTON PROGRAM...here are the brief details on them...

Drift1 - Drift...drift and drift with drift sound file built-in.
Rock Crawler1 - Climbing Rock....

Stock0 V20 - ROAR approved blinky mode

Stock1 - boost, turbo software for On and Off Road use...4x4 SCT (but not for 4 poles motors)

Mod0 - Ideal for mod motor with static timing only...with reverse
Mod1 - Ideal for mod motor with static timing only...without reverse
Mod2 - Ideal for OFF ROAD mod motor use with static timing only....without reverse

REVENTON PRO came with all of the above....
Reventon R came with everything above except Mod2 (might add to R later)
Reventon S came with everything above except Mod2 and Stock1 (with not add to the S due to the ESC can't handle these software).
Thanks thats the info I was looking for. I thought there was a software for boost in mod. Or was that for the GT 2.0? Thanks again.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

With the CIRTIX programming card...you can adjust drag brake, and brake and thermal protection, but NO DRRS on Cirtix.
Does the GT2 has DDRS in blinky mode?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.