Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:40 AM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I was told Tamiya steering blocks fit the car and are a bit more durable than the factory parts. I ordered the Tamiya 416 steering block (51332) and it is a bit too big. I need to trim about 1.5mm total from the top and bottom to fit correct in the c-hub bushings. Is Tamiya part #51103 a better match for the TOP c-hubs? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mikky32
Do you use medium or hard tires?
I ordered Medium Solaris because I used before the Sorex 32. They worked good on the car so now I'm going to use the Solaris to see what they do. They are cheaper.

When come the new black rims for the tires EJ?
Mikky, are you going to be using them on carpet? New rims due out late next month.

Originally Posted by Mini-Mod
Can I hitch a ride EJ?
Want to hitch a ride on the plane? LOL

Originally Posted by Ty
I was told Tamiya steering blocks fit the car and are a bit more durable than the factory parts. I ordered the Tamiya 416 steering block (51332) and it is a bit too big. I need to trim about 1.5mm total from the top and bottom to fit correct in the c-hub bushings. Is Tamiya part #51103 a better match for the TOP c-hubs? Any help would be appreciated.
Ty, nothing wrong with the Tamiya parts, but there is no way they are more durable then our suspension parts. Who told you that? My suggestion is to try the kit stock first before making changes. With all the Solaris rim testing, beating my car into the board and walls I never broke a C hub or Steering block.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

No I use them on Tarmac outdoor.
We used to have first cs27 but that changed to LRP VTEC.
Last year I tried the Sorex 32 and they worked great. They had to warm up a bit but after that they went well.
The VTEC were good for 7 batteries and than they were all with holes.
The VTEC30X run 3 to 4 lipo's and than they have no grip any more. They still look good but don't drive. Also they have still a lot of wrong inserts or even without inserts.

Now I want to try the Solaris.
I have the Hard and the Soft for my M-03 and they are great.
The soft is a bit to much and the Hard is good but I think it can better, that's why I'm going to try the medium.
It is still cold out here so I think Medium is the way to go and as it gets hotter the Hards will do.

I want the new rims. they look great and the old ones a r a bit weak but I have now a set of tires for a good price so I can try them out ad the track this Sunday as it is dry and my parts are in for my car.
As they are not in this week, than I can't train with the tires and I must do it with borrowing parts of an other driver and the VTEC30X tires.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
Do you use medium or hard tires?
I ordered Medium Solaris because I used before the Sorex 32. They worked good on the car so now I'm going to use the Solaris to see what they do. They are cheaper.

When come the new black rims for the tires EJ?
I have experience with the Soft and Medium compounds. I have just started testing the medium compounds on asphalt, since it is starting to warm up where I live. Air temp when I tested them was 50F(10C), track temp was 66F(19C). 13.5 bl running v.203 Tekin.

Grip was really consistent through out the run. They didn't have the initial grip of a brand new set of Sorex, but rather started off strong and finished strong as well. I like how they are consistent and don't fall off quick. Makes me feel more confident in what to expect from the tires during a race, and allows a setup to be easier to make work.

I want to try to hard compounds soon. From what I've been told, they are the hot ticket on asphalt. But, I've been trying to hold out for the new rims too
Old 03-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Timmie
Cool... Arkansas..that's driving distance from me Sounds like fun.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

I have experience with the Soft and Medium compounds. I have just started testing the medium compounds on asphalt, since it is starting to warm up where I live. Air temp when I tested them was 50F(10C), track temp was 66F(19C). 13.5 bl running v.203 Tekin.

Grip was really consistent through out the run. They didn't have the initial grip of a brand new set of Sorex, but rather started off strong and finished strong as well. I like how they are consistent and don't fall off quick. Makes me feel more confident in what to expect from the tires during a race, and allows a setup to be easier to make work.

I want to try to hard compounds soon. From what I've been told, they are the hot ticket on asphalt. But, I've been trying to hold out for the new rims too
Thanks.
I think the hard will run better as it gets hotter but i will try them also.
I have my Solaris now for a good price. I ordered 2 sets of them. 1 set for a club member and 1 for me.
They are cheap and as they last as long as the Sorex, than they are the best.
I can't wait till the new rims are there.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Addict

Cool... Arkansas..that's driving distance from me Sounds like fun.
Originally Posted by smoke81
Can't wait!
Originally Posted by JustinLessard
Hope you guys can make it! Last year in Cali we gave away fighter pilot helmets for 1st place. They were awesome!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Uh Oh!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

I didn't ask you yet cause I already planned that you would be coming with me
Old 03-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Initiate

I didn't ask you yet cause I already planned that you would be coming with me
Dont forget the Kenny Loggins!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
Hope you guys can make it! Last year in Cali we gave away fighter pilot helmets for 1st place. They were awesome!
Wow, I want a fighter helmet. Then I could say cool things on the driver stand like, "Tower, this is Timmie....requesting a flyby.."
Old 03-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Wow, I want a fighter helmet. Then I could say cool things on the driver stand like, "Tower, this is Timmie....requesting a flyby.."
Rest assured that there will be plenty of the best movie quotes over the PA all weekend.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

Default Helmets

Pics of helmets from last year...

Old 03-16-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

I want to race to. can someone pick me up ad home?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
Rest assured that there will be plenty of the best movie quotes over the PA all weekend.
How about,

"Roger, Roger. You have clearance, Clarence."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.