Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Simon A
yeah i had the same problems as you did with the pins. i found if you put alot of tamiya anti wear grease in there it will help with that alot. I also think that the std axles are much better than the lightweight ones that come with the MR MSX.

Won't the anti-wear grease attract lots of dirt??

I agree that the std steel ones are better in terms of durability. I've change from the alu ones to the steel ones in front even during building up the MRE but kept the alu ones in the rear, as they have a lot lower wear rates there.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy MRE not the same as original1

Originally Posted by TRFMAD
Help please guy's
I just received my Ta05 one way wide pitch pulley and went to put it into my spool and it is slightly different holes and won't quite line up. What can I do.
Any help would be great.
Thanks guys
Addam
You'll need to buy the MRE version spool. That way it will fit direct.
You can always slot the holes, which is a pain but it can be done!
Old 01-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Charles Godwin
TiR....if your looking for things to snap and things to be out of alignment (pinions for sure) that's the way to go . The standard steel (Tamiya) ones are really strong and take anything.

Charles
Thanks Charles, will do will stick with the standard steel ones. Cheers
Old 01-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I had a few issue with the Aluminium axles... I didn't realise, but mine had bent badly, and were affecting the car on track. Finally noticed it when I saw the extrememe amount of wobble on one wheel in the pits, took the car apart and found both left hand axles to be bent.

Out they came to be replaced with the steel version, no issues since.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guy's I though I would introduce myself.

Hi there I'm Cyrrus and I'm an alcholic. Oops wrong speech.

new Tamiya driver here. pick up the 415 msx mre.

Wow what a nice a car. Out with the purple in with the blue. Can't wait to start laying some series lap times down. And hunt down some xray's
Old 01-04-2007, 02:57 AM
Tech Champion

welcome to the "blue side"

Glad you like the car, hope you grow to love it
Got any Q's, ask away.

Cheers
Ed
Old 01-04-2007, 03:01 AM
Tech Regular

my first race with my MSX MRE will be the first tcs race of 2007 in Canada this month.

any one ever run type A tires on carpet before
also does any one have any tips or tricks for 19turn rubber carpet.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chris_morrison_
my first race with my MSX MRE will be the first tcs race of 2007 in Canada this month.

any one ever run type A tires on carpet before
also does any one have any tips or tricks for 19turn rubber carpet.
Hi,
My experiences with Tamiya Type A's - inserts Tamiya Soft (blue) or Medium (green) Inserts & apply Paragon FX2 compound (cook it [tire warmer] till dry, then clean surface with cloth & cook it till just 1-2 mins b4 heats). If compounds not allowed just clean it with tire cleaners.
And errr please clean those carpet furs after every heat!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default Ball end problem... help..

Im running the HPI Aluminum knuckles on the front for carpet foam setup. For some reason I am breaking the ball end right at the neck section right off the screw when I tap a board. And I mean "tap" very lightly. I consider myself a decent driver and In my last qual last night barely touched the corner and it blew for the 3rd straight qual, placed last overall last night, finished 4th A last week... so yeah... need to know if anyone else ever had the same problem. The screw is inserted through the knuckle from the bottom, in the outer most hole, and then the ball end is threaded on tight, but once I tap they snap at the neck right off. Any ideas.....? Thanks If pics would help let me know I will try and get some up....
Old 01-04-2007, 06:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bwadd2002
Im running the HPI Aluminum knuckles on the front for carpet foam setup. For some reason I am breaking the ball end right at the neck section right off the screw when I tap a board. And I mean "tap" very lightly. I consider myself a decent driver and In my last qual last night barely touched the corner and it blew for the 3rd straight qual, placed last overall last night, finished 4th A last week... so yeah... need to know if anyone else ever had the same problem. The screw is inserted through the knuckle from the bottom, in the outer most hole, and then the ball end is threaded on tight, but once I tap they snap at the neck right off. Any ideas.....? Thanks If pics would help let me know I will try and get some up....
How far does the screw protrude up into the ball nut? have you tried using a longer screw, one that goes to the top of the ball nut?

Also, are they aluminium or steel nuts your using?

Regards
Ed
Old 01-04-2007, 06:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Ball end

Hey Ed,

Well I switched to a longer screw last time it broke and it was fine for a bit, but like I said last night was a disaster I barely tapped the corner and it broke everytime. I'm using steel screws with aluminum ball ends I believe. Thanks

Clint
Old 01-04-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Ed,

Well I switched to a longer screw last time it broke and it was fine for a bit, but like I said last night was a disaster I barely tapped the corner and it broke everytime. I'm using steel screws with aluminum ball ends I believe. Thanks

Clint
Why don't you try this: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53906

They are made from 70-75 Aluminum, should be very strong.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ball ends

yeah I guess I will have to try that, but everyone at the local track is using the screw from bottom setup including all the sponsored drivers and I wouls be the only one switching, that's why I'm trying to understand what the problem is... thanks....
Old 01-04-2007, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Hey Ed,

Clint
You need to make sure the screw is long enough to go all the way to the top of the ball end, flush. The screw needs to pass the neck of the ball end to strengthen it. That should help. Now if it snaps, you would be snapping the steel screw too.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trf_racer
Why don't you try this: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53906

They are made from 70-75 Aluminum, should be very strong.
I run these. It takes a hard crash to break these...ahh, from my experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.