Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution II

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 11:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default LEM2

Hey Lem2. Have u ever raced the track on top of the Glorietta Mall parking complex? What's a good place to race up there? I wanna take my evo2, the next time I go to the Philippines. My brother in law used to race everywhere when he was still there. He moved here, and we're barely finding time to run our cars. Do you know a guy named poppy? Hope to talk 2 u soon. heheh. Hope my TB Evo2 can keep up w/ u guys over there. I run an LRP V7.1 esc, and 8x2 Reedy Ti. I know competition there is stiff. Hope I can keep up if I ever get the chance to race there. I'll see you maybe :-).. bye!
Old 11-19-2002, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: EVO 2

Originally posted by AQuionIV
Just got my Evo 2 from Hong Kong shipped here a few days ago. I love the car! It's beautiful. I just hate the fact that gayhole hobby stores here in San Diego don't carry parts for the TB Evo2! THEY BARELY HAVE PARTS FOR MY 414!! now how sad is that? I'm still waiting for my 3pj, so I can run it. Anyone know where the closest place in san diego, that I could find parts? I wouldn't mind traveling up to LA or anything either. I used to own a TC3, but that thing went bye bye for this Evo. I can't wait to run it, but I'm taking all the precautions than I can. heheh. Love to see there are more TB Evo2s out there=). For me it was love at first sight. I saw only ONE of them ever race, and it ran as beautifully as it looked. I just had to have one:-).
visit Speedtechrc.com.... they carry everything... You can always call up Steve and place order for your Evo2 parts. That's where I get Evo Parts from.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Default Torque steer

I feel the torque steer on my TB Evo, but barely. w/ my TC-3, specially if I ran the one way, if I gun it w/ my mod motor, the smallest slip would make me do a 360, which is fun, but I know it would kill the motor and tires or something. I love the evo2. For a shaft drive, it goes pretty straight. IF you want to counter the steering, weights on the other side of the chassis would help, but it won't take away the effect completely. I was wondering if a lighter or heavier shaft drive would help? anyone know? Thanks
Old 11-21-2002, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Well I can help you get the parts from Singapore too. Just let me know the part number. By the way the parts are similar to those of the TL 01 long suspension arm set. So you can always purchase the TL 01 spares. REMEMBER : TB EVO is different from TB EVO2. The parts are not compatible
Old 11-21-2002, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Default TB Evo2 parts

Out of every Hobby Store I went to here in San Diego, the answer I recieve the most is "I can order it." heheh. Does anyone know of a hobby store that has Tamiya parts on hand? You couldn't imagine how many places don't even carry the Tamiya NSX bodies anymore. Isn't there a store up in LA area that have parts? Like the place where they held TCS up in San Mateo. Anyone know if they carry a good load of Tamiya parts? Or the Tamiya Track? Do they have a store? I want to be able to go to a store and just browse for parts. I don't have a credit card, and I really don't enjoy sending out money orders. heheh. I can't wait to get my car up to par. Me and my Brother in law both run tamiyas, and plan on tryin out the Tamiya track soon. Never tried it. heheh.. But thanks for your help. If push come to shove, I'll probably just order those parts from singapore. Oh yea.. and anyone know aftermarket companies that sell parts for a TB Evo2?? heheh thanks
Old 11-21-2002, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

yes a lighter shaft wil help reduce the torque stear i think ....

because momentum = mass x velocity
Old 11-25-2002, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Aluma,
Do u use the Ta04 knuckle for it as well ? Let me know cos I could not use the original TB EVO2 knuckles on the TA04 racing hub carrier set
Old 11-25-2002, 05:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey retro, im guessing you're talking about the front carrier racing set....yes, you have to use the ta04 front knuckles. but if i remember correctly, you have to use the inner hole for the steering tierod so that it has the same setting as the original. I think the ta04 knuckles have a longer arm...just measure to be sure. Note, do not install aluminum knuckles...they fit great, but the aluminum ball stud at the top WILL get sheared off inside the first time you hit anything.(I learned the hard way :P)
Old 11-25-2002, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks a million aluma. I will try it when I get home. I guess with that, you will have sharper and more responsive steering. Is that right ?
Old 11-25-2002, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Talking TB 2 WOW !!

Hi fellow Tamiya Junkies,

Sorry to interrupt the conversation but I was way excited after racing my Evo 2 for the first time yesterday. I run in stock touring class and was really impressed by this car. I'm back with Tamiya after running a Schumacher Mission. All I could do after placing second in the A Main was talk smack about how everybody makes fun of Tamiya stuff. Well i guess we showed them a little taste. For those who question Tamiya strength, let me tell ya, even I had my reservations. I missed the first heat with battery problems. In the second heat, rear ballcup came undone and the outdrive departed. The car kept running strong . A marshall kept telling me it was just a tire problem. So I kept on running and placed third !! With a One way and only 1 rear wheel operating correctly !! In the main, the car was great and if i was more tuned in to using a one way , I think i could have won it. So the next time somebody makes fun of Tamiya stuff , feel free to show em your ass as you pass them by !!!
Old 11-25-2002, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Default A question

Do you guys know if TA04 arms fit the TB Evo2?
Old 11-25-2002, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

beats me ....never broken an arm...
Old 11-25-2002, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: A question

Originally posted by Aurra Sing
Do you guys know if TA4 0arms fit the TB Evo2?
Yeah, but the droop screws can't be used and you'd need to use ta04 rear uprights.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: A question

Originally posted by Aurra Sing
Do you guys know if TA04 arms fit the TB Evo2?
don't know..but the new Evo3 will use the same arms,hubs, and shock towers etc, as on the current 414m2. so..414 setup should work on the new Evo3...
Old 12-01-2002, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

Default Gearing

I was just at SoCal yesterday, and ran my TB Evo2 for the first time on track. The Thing ran GORGEOUS!! I barely have a setup, and the rear did not sway on me once! When I got to the turns, I was handling so much better than most everyone else. But here's my problem... Once I get to the straight, Everyone passes me by! I know it's probably because of my gearing. I am running a Stock Reedy MVP motor. The gearing I used was 72spur 37 pinion. Can anyone help me on what gears to use for stock? For a spec 19 turn motor? And for my Reedy Ti 8x2? It would really help. I also want to use an 88 spur. People tell me this isn't a smart spur gear to use for stock. But what pinions can I use for this spur gear? Thanks... Your help is much appreciated

BTW: Anyone know of any company that makes hop up parts for the TB Evo2, besides Tamiya themself?? I know it's not a very popular car, but that's just more of the appeal towards it. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.