Wiki Posts
Search

Ko BMC Speedo

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Halloween
I will, have the DX3s with telemetry. So i can check the temp anytime. i even can let an alarmsignale sound off if the temp is reaching the 80 deg c.

Doe you recommen a high torque ore a high rpm brushless motor with this setup?
i have tried a lot of motors i have found that the trinity or(epic) duo motors are the best. if you need any call brad johnson at hurricane motorsports
www.teamhurricane.net
Old 06-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was wondering if anybody has tried to run the software on a 64 bit version of vista and get it to work. I have tried but can not get it to run, if anyone has got it to run could you post it here. Thanks

Steve P.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Adept

Default Great customer service

Hey Robert,

Thanks for your help this afternoon on RX pack questions and radio tips. Hope to meet you in Vegas.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by srp67
I was wondering if anybody has tried to run the software on a 64 bit version of vista and get it to work. I have tried but can not get it to run, if anyone has got it to run could you post it here. Thanks

Steve P.
I believe that came up earlier in this thread and vista 64 is a no go.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Profiles

here's the profile i ran at Reedy. Trinity Duo 17.5, Middle hole timing, i dont remember my FDR ThunderPower 40C 5000 lipo.

here's the profile i ran last Saturday at our Carpet Track - Round 1 of RCGT Showdown..... Trinity Duo 17.5, Middle hole timing, FDR of 4.1. ThunderPower 40C 5000 lipo.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Hebiki
here's the profile i ran at Reedy. Trinity Duo 17.5, Middle hole timing, i dont remember my FDR ThunderPower 40C 5000 lipo.

here's the profile i ran last Saturday at our Carpet Track - Round 1 of RCGT Showdown..... Trinity Duo 17.5, Middle hole timing, FDR of 4.1. ThunderPower 40C 5000 lipo.

i guess i am totally lost, those curves are completly backward from what t thought they would be...

the setup must hava a hair trigger, then soften? i am sure i am not understanding how the drive freq works...

can anyone explain??
Old 06-10-2009, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
i guess i am totally lost, those curves are completly backward from what t thought they would be...

the setup must hava a hair trigger, then soften? i am sure i am not understanding how the drive freq works...

can anyone explain??
Im not the absolute expert on this, but I will tell you the way it was explained to me.
The higher the number(freq) the smoother the response
So if you start the curve at the top, it will be the most progressive.
How long you want it to stay smooth determines when you want to start lowering the frequency.
The only thing I dont understand is why the Reedy setup started at a lower frequency on an outdoor track, unless there was insane amounts of grip.
At the same time, the carpet setup is using a high freq, when usually there is almost unlimited bite on carpet and you wouldnt need to baby it.
Now saying that, we need to keep in mind that you operate in the first part of the curve only a small percentage of the time, so maybe the middle portion of the curve is more critical to get right.
Any further definition from KO would be helpful
Old 06-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

How does the new software versions of this speedy compare to the SPX and RS speedies on the market ?

Is the V1.5 software coming in current models or do you have to send it off to get this put in. Also what do you need to tune the speedy and change settings for Spec classes such as 17.5 and 10.5 ?
Old 06-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Im not the absolute expert on this, but I will tell you the way it was explained to me.
How long you want it to stay smooth determines when you want to start lowering the frequency.
The only thing I dont understand is why the Reedy setup started at a lower frequency on an outdoor track, unless there was insane amounts of grip.
At the same time, the carpet setup is using a high freq, when usually there is almost unlimited bite on carpet and you wouldnt need to baby it.
Now saying that, we need to keep in mind that you operate in the first part of the curve only a small percentage of the time, so maybe the middle portion of the curve is more critical to get right.
thanks and yes any more info would be great...

we should get a chart high tracktion is this, low is that....type of thing
Old 06-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Lord

yes speedworld had a ton of traction.

Originally Posted by mr. losi

can anyone explain??
lower freq = more punch, higher frequency = more rpm, more efficiency. the profile for speedworld (i'm guessing and this is what it felt like on the track) ends in the higher freq to get that "second gear" effect off the very long straight away. this was needed for 17.5.. and even more visible with 13.5.

for carpet, i wanted more rip since i pretty much drive on/off. but the set up was really good when i stayed smooth on the throttle.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Lord

for those viewing the images above....

on the left side.. it says.. "52 and goes down to "1".

52 = 2.04khz
1 = 12.146khz

when people say "lower frequency" it actually means a bigger number on that left side... and higher frequency means closer to "1".
Old 06-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by B4james
How does the new software versions of this speedy compare to the SPX and RS speedies on the market ?

Is the V1.5 software coming in current models or do you have to send it off to get this put in. Also what do you need to tune the speedy and change settings for Spec classes such as 17.5 and 10.5 ?
B4James.. you can download the software from Ko Propo website: http://www.kopropo.com/america/index...d=21&Itemid=59

scroll to the bottom and get the StockManager. to have your computer communicate with the esc, you will need to purchase the ICS USB adapter.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

for those viewing the images above....

on the left side.. it says.. "52 and goes down to "1".

52 = 2.04khz
1 = 12.146khz

when people say "lower frequency" it actually means a bigger number on that left side... and higher frequency means closer to "1".
you learn something new everyday, no wonder my cars are so squirrely, ive been setting up the curves backwards
thanks for the clarification
Old 06-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Lord

you learn something new everyday, no wonder my cars are so squirrely, ive been setting up the curves backwards
thanks for the clarification
have you tried leaving the profile as is... and adjusting the drag brake (auto brake) and the brake frequency? i usually have my brakes set at 0.792khz... for carpet i "softened" it a tad... try it out.. you might like it
Old 06-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

have you tried leaving the profile as is... and adjusting the drag brake (auto brake) and the brake frequency? i usually have my brakes set at 0.792khz... for carpet i "softened" it a tad... try it out.. you might like it
its more about the way the car takes off,and im really talking about my F1 car with the brushed motor and the c2 speedo,but i am going to assume the software is set up fairly similar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.