Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by erchn
I was trying to give you examples, while I'm pretty darn sure that XRay spurs do fit, they don't make the sizes you'll want. If I were you, I'd use Google to search for something like "48-pitch spur gear 71T", that'll get you in the size range you want...looks like lots of options. Anything that claims to work on a typical TC car, will almost definitely work on the A700.

E
OK OK, please don't bite my head off...........
I'm going with these than. Don't know if they fit, but I'll see when they arrive from the Far East.........
http://www.3racing-parts.com/shop/pi...-90023127.html
Old 03-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Well, I am good to go then.
- Hudy black grease or ASC6588
- dry wax lub, this one http://www.bikecleaning.nl/Webwinkel...ube-120ml.html
- pinions and spurs from 3Racing (fingers crossed....) http://www.3racing-parts.com/shop/pi...-90023127.html
- servo Futaba BLS551

Leaves me with the rear horizontal extensions of the rear body posts and the 10 and 12 mm wrench.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kensei
Picture on page 115 of this thread.
Try these, it's amazing what you can find on the Internet when you search.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi Oleg

Was wondering do you know of a good place to get titanuim screws or a titanuim screw kit for the a700 as I am running heavy with a full size servo. Or anyone can help me out to find a place, I've checked the regular guys like Lunsford and found to get the complete screw kit it's over $100 usd and I think that's ridiculous....any help please...
Old 03-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

After testing numerous brands of 48p pinions and spur gears on the A700 I landed on Arrowmax as being the strongest, most true and all sizes are available. Arrowmax-rc.com
Old 03-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Are those horizontal extensions on the rear bodyposts in the kit?
If not what partnumber and what do they cost?
No, but posts from Xray work great. Just a little trimming needed.

The ones you suggested are the bodposts. Maybe you are mistaken here?
Any suggestions as to which parts to use here?
I was trying to give you examples, while I'm pretty darn sure that XRay spurs do fit, they don't make the sizes you'll want. If I were you, I'd use Google to search for something like "48-pitch spur gear 71T", that'll get you in the size range you want...looks like lots of options. Anything that claims to work on a typical TC car, will almost definitely work on the A700.

E
Search for RW spurs and pinions.
In the UK they are virtually a standard after the original manufacturers.
Most UK model shops and a lot of Ebay shops sell them. They also have international distribution.

http://www.rwracing.co.uk/links.html

Skiddins
Old 03-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

E
I can strongly suggest looking at the Serpent spur gears, certainly if using higher powered motors (bigger spur). I picked up a few recently, and seems nice and tough, fit perfect, and spin true. Happy with that!

Also seem very similar to the Arrowmax ones VelocityGT mentions above

Last edited by TryHard; 03-08-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by abe-racing
I have been testing a new tool 12mm ring and 10mm open end. You can change the spur without taking off the topdeck. It is made from Carbon fibre. It will be available very soon.
Can I buy one now?!
What does it cost?
Old 03-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

There are only two state of upper deck ends fixing:
1. Fully fixed end. Two outer screw or pivot balls without ST09 must be used.
Two additional inner screws (pivot balls) only (without outer screws/balls)
are not enough for secure fixing.
This state is indicated by two outer red dots in setup sheet.

2. Floating end. One central screw must be used. All outer screws or pivot
balls must be removed or used only in conjunction with ST09.
This state is indicated by one central red dot in setup sheet.

There is not any third (and fourth) state of upper deck end fixing for flex setting so we don't need additional markup decoration.

To me that is not very clear.
On the setupsheets the topdeck has three holes on front and rear. In the manual it has five holes. How does that add up?
Floating end I understand. No prob.

Fully fixed end?
If there are five holes back and front, then there are more possibilities.
For instance the front end. Option one: two screws on the outside. Option two: two screws on the inside left and right from the middle hole. Option three: two screws on the outside and two screws on the inside is total four screws. That would be three options.
Even more options if the middle screw was to be used.
Please elaborate and explain.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

[I]....
For instance the front end. Option one: two screws on the outside. Option two: two screws on the inside left and right from the middle hole. Option three: two screws on the outside and two screws on the inside is total four screws. That would be three options...
Your options one, two and three provide the same flex so I don't see any reason to distinguish them.
Option three provides the best resistance against chassis twist during crashes.
I don't recommend option two due to weak resistance against chassis twist.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
Your options one, two and three provide the same flex so I don't see any reason to distinguish them.
Option three provides the best resistance against chassis twist during crashes.
I don't recommend option two due to weak resistance against chassis twist.
Thanks. I understand.
Leaves me with just this one:

"On the setupsheets the topdeck has three holes on front and rear. In the manual it has five holes. How does that add up?"

Please explain.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Velocitygt
After testing numerous brands of 48p pinions and spur gears on the A700 I landed on Arrowmax as being the strongest, most true and all sizes are available. Arrowmax-rc.com
Contacted these guys by e-mail. No response whatsoever.
Not very customer friendly.
Looking for 48DP spurs and pinions from them.
Could you please give me suggestions as to partnumbers. Than I can order without having to wait for them to respond on my e-mail.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:04 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ar-71t-p-21199

Do these fit in combo with Zeppin pinion gears?
Old 03-10-2012, 03:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up 3 months. All good.

Got a confession to make..haven't built or rebuilt a set of shocks since the beginning of December

Still on the first set of spool outdrives. And still no sign of wear. Raced 2/3 times per week

Can change spur or remove diff without undoing top deck and having to de-tweak the car

Change spring tension and shock setting in a minute

Car is super light with multiple battery positions and electronics layouts, the biggest tuning aid of all IMO

Only once tweaked in a crash in 3 months I often don't even bother to check, check droop, camber etc it hold the settings so well. Just rear toe needs regular checking.

It has taken some time to get to know this car, and find a basic set up that works for me, I did not find this so easy. But it feels like my car now. So if you're not a die hard addict who who simply has to try every adjustment its probably not for you.

When it arrived I thought 'Wow this is clever' but its even better thought out than I had first realised. My maintenance routine is now almost zero. A bit of oil here and there. Just check it over and change a few bearings every couple of weeks. Struggling to imagine a situation where I'd want to go back. Go back to constantly fiddling with shocks, in particular.

Turn up and race, make an adjustment, try a different line, power profile, goop routine, race...

Having more fun than ever before

Cheers Oleg
Old 03-10-2012, 03:40 AM
Tech Regular

Contacted these guys by e-mail. No response whatsoever.
Not very customer friendly.
Looking for 48DP spurs and pinions from them.
Could you please give me suggestions as to partnumbers. Than I can order without having to wait for them to respond on my e-mail.
No need to email, just buy whatever 48p gears you want directly from the website shopping cart. Shipping is fast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.