Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (92%+)

I just listed a front diff and front spool and upper deck evo parts
Old 09-23-2017, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

does anybody know where i can get part am38 ? not listed on their site
Old 09-24-2017, 04:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by thefnshow
does anybody know where i can get part am38 ? not listed on their site
Only few pieces of AM38 were produced for tests.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm looking for another nice condition A700. I'd prefer an aluminum chassis Evo but open to anything.

Please PM me if you are interested in selling one.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi there,

question about rear bump steer: is there any influence by having the rear toe-in turnbuckle angled forward at bulkhead side (and so rearward at hub side)?
That's pretty tricky to explain; I mean: if I put shims @ bulkhead side where the rear toe-in turnbuckle is attached (see step 18 in the A700 Evo II manual); this will induce a forward angle of the turnbuckle; what will be the potential effect?

Thanks in advance for helping me!

Regards,
G-rem
Old 10-08-2017, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

I have a front one way for the A700. I will not run it. If anyone is interested in it, shoot me a PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by G-rem
Hi there,

question about rear bump steer: is there any influence by having the rear toe-in turnbuckle angled forward at bulkhead side (and so rearward at hub side)?
That's pretty tricky to explain; I mean: if I put shims @ bulkhead side where the rear toe-in turnbuckle is attached (see step 18 in the A700 Evo II manual); this will induce a forward angle of the turnbuckle; what will be the potential effect?

Regards,
G-rem
Anyone?
Old 10-11-2017, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone?
I shimmed mine out to eliminate interference and there are no negative side effects.

Technically it would change the effective overall length of the turnbuckle ever so slightly but you can easily adjust for that in the shims you place on the outboard side.
G-rem likes this.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

Hi there,

Regards,
G-rem
2 weeks late
I am in the middle of some testing and have the car almost disassembled when waiting for parts so I take the opportunity to make some checkup. I was also curious why John Doukakis on his blog have a picture of his 800 with AM14LS arms at the rear...

With the car on a setup station without shocks attached I played between the car at full compression and at 5mm height. Chassis always parallel from the working table. I didn't play with induced rake and roll because it was too difficult to replicate...
I was assuming the less forward/backward angle the turnbuckle and longer the arms the more progressive the action.
I was wrong or I was not able mesure it correctly lol
What I found is that the action is comparable on both side one with a AM23-1 and the other with a AM14-1. I was able to shim the ball studs to have the same toe at full compression and at 5mm. The test was done on a car with RFG that give a big amount of rearward angle when using AM23-1.

But...I may have a clue...the only thing that may have a "mesurable" effect on the bench and at the track is the rigidity of the assembly when the links are straight. Probably in the same order of subtil effect that can give AM19-4 at the back.

Enough bench racing I will try on the track in a week or two to see if I feel a difference and will report back.

See you!
Alexandre
G-rem likes this.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks a lot for a such detailed iteration! Can't wait to hear from your track test
Old 10-27-2017, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daktulos
I am in the middle of some testing and have the car almost disassembled when waiting for parts so I take the opportunity to make some checkup. I was also curious why John Doukakis on his blog have a picture of his 800 with AM14LS arms at the rear...
I have always run the front steering arms on the rear of my A700 cars, for extra strength and less slop (a given amount of play in the ball cup translates to less toe change with the longer arm). Bump steer is easily set to zero (or whatever you might desire) with shims to change the angle of the arm.

I initially got some strange looks from other Awesomatix drivers, but over the years I's also heard of others doing the same.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

anyone have a good rear diff for sale? i can't get mine to stop slipping. the gears don't mesh right
Old 10-29-2017, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default Setup

Hey people,

Does anyone have a favourite set up they could recommend me?

The track I'm racing at for the next little while is a 36'x100', sweeper onto the straight and a sweeper off the straight, technical in the infield. Its on Crc Black Carpet

One10 Raceway, it pops up on google, if anyone would like to see the exact layout.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

If it also helps, the concrete surface is as smooth as glass.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ColinH
Hey people,

Does anyone have a favourite set up they could recommend me?

The track I'm racing at for the next little while is a 36'x100', sweeper onto the straight and a sweeper off the straight, technical in the infield. Its on Crc Black Carpet

One10 Raceway, it pops up on google, if anyone would like to see the exact layout.
Hi,

We just got a black carpet at my club so I don't have a lot of experience on that kind of grip but I can show you a direction to take.

First we need to know a little more about the class you are running and which version of the A700 you have. Is it a L or a EVO. Which chassis and shock version (#6 non-rebuildable or the newer ones).

Go see the links below. Don't say that to other team drivers but habitually Mike Gee setups are fast and easy to drive so it's a good starting point

Awesomatix USA: Set-up Sheets

Setup Sheet Data Base

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.