Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 07:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

the picture is of a member of the jackson rc "wack pack". he doesn't have an awesomatix car.

today was a GREAT day for Awesomatix here in ROAR Region 2. double tq (mod-1, 17.5-1,2,3) and double win (mod-1,4,6 and 17.5-1,2,6). this race had nearly all of the fast racers in the north east in attendance.

a personal thank you to both Larry Fairtrace (stock tq + win with a borrowed car) and Mike Gee (mod tq + win) for their efforts and skill today.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
Stunned. Factory is not what it used to be. Look forward to the Wack Packs insight to tuning and setup.
It's definitely a different level of insight...

Great runs today for the awesomatix crew at Jackson RC. Congrats guys!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elee32
It's definitely a different level of insight...

Great runs today for the awesomatix crew at Jackson RC. Congrats guys!
Richie does the best paint-on-the-outside krylon gold bodies!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
the picture is of a member of the jackson rc "wack pack". he doesn't have an awesomatix car.

today was a GREAT day for Awesomatix here in ROAR Region 2. double tq (mod-1, 17.5-1,2,3) and double win (mod-1,4,6 and 17.5-1,2,6). this race had nearly all of the fast racers in the north east in attendance.

a personal thank you to both Larry Fairtrace (stock tq + win with a borrowed car) and Mike Gee (mod tq + win) for their efforts and skill today.
Thanks for the loaner brother. Glad I was able to race and do well after a 3 month hiatus.

Car was dialed.

It was a good turnout. Gee's car in mod was very good.

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 06-22-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Done all in good fun. The cars looked great on the track today
Old 06-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Awesomatix cars were awesome yesterday. Gee, Hanulec, Larry (with the loaner), and Abey had their cars running really well! My car was good, I think I probably held it back. But I also think I can get more out of it. Was better than last week yesterday, so stepping in the right direction.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gazza
Awesomatix USA's new factory driver
Congrats Richie Rich!! Your hard work has finally paid off!

I'm sure the team can't wait for your input.

All joking aside.. Nice job to the guys for your hard work and success.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I was glad they had a t shirt that fit me... Great day off racing cars looked dialed
Old 06-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Congrats to mike and team awesomatix USA you put together some team ,Oleg should be very proud of what you accomplished simply said awesome
Old 06-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Gotta to Give Mike Hanulec and the Whole Awesomatix crew for there Hard work and great runs At the Jackson RC Region 2 race.Got to try a car out a few weeks back very impressed!!!
Old 06-23-2013, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Ride height checking inconsistent

Hi,quick question-what is the preferred method for checking ride heights on these cars re:should I press only one end of the car down then check or both ends down at the same time then check? Should I press the car down all the way to the deck then release or partially down? Should I release slowly or should I release quickly?

The reason i ask is because I ran the a700ex for the 1st time on saturday and it seemed that the ride height wasnt staying consistent, I was continually chasing it.

I have -standard EX springs/dampers.
front- rhs/srs ARR II, A-1, B-2,symmetric. Sway bar 1.3.
rear- rhs/srs ARR II, A1, B-0, symmetric. Sway bar 1.1.
ride height 6mm front 6.5mm rear because I was scraping the rear of the lower deck.

I had this set up for a tight tech bumpy track with medium grip.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragobrat
Hi,quick question-what is the preferred method for checking ride heights on these cars re:should I press only one end of the car down then check or both ends down at the same time then check? Should I press the car down all the way to the deck then release or partially down? Should I release slowly or should I release quickly?

The reason i ask is because I ran the a700ex for the 1st time on saturday and it seemed that the ride height wasnt staying consistent, I was continually chasing it.

I have -standard EX springs/dampers.
front- rhs/srs ARR II, A-1, B-2,symmetric. Sway bar 1.3.
rear- rhs/srs ARR II, A1, B-0, symmetric. Sway bar 1.1.
ride height 6mm front 6.5mm rear because I was scraping the rear of the lower deck.

I had this set up for a tight tech bumpy track with medium grip.

Thanks in advance.
with any touring car i push the car down twice from the center of the car bottoming out the suspension. i use the same movement when setting tweak on a tweak board.

based upon your listed suspension settings, I think a #6 dampener in a type II (2) configuration requires much higher "A" values. a higher "A" value equates to more dampening. additionally, I'd look at maybe a higher "B" value to decrease the spring rate.

i would believe your car would feel very springy, but with very little dampening. i could easily see this car bottoming out in sweepers or tight 180 degree corners. when i switched to the type II (2) RHS/SHS settings i found i needed to run a very high "A" value. i'd suggest the following starting points--

Front #6 type II A=5.0 B=2.6
Rear #6 type II A=6.0 B=1.0
Old 06-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

with any touring car i push the car down twice from the center of the car bottoming out the suspension. i use the same movement when setting tweak on a tweak board.

based upon your listed suspension settings, I think a #6 dampener in a type II (2) configuration requires much higher "A" values. a higher "A" value equates to more dampening. additionally, I'd look at maybe a higher "B" value to decrease the spring rate.

i would believe your car would feel very springy, but with very little dampening. i could easily see this car bottoming out in sweepers or tight 180 degree corners. when i switched to the type II (2) RHS/SHS settings i found i needed to run a very high "A" value. i'd suggest the following starting points--

Front #6 type II A=5.0 B=2.6
Rear #6 type II A=6.0 B=1.0
Thank you for your help with that.
I have looked at the car and can now understand how those adustments would work.
I reckon I need to sit down and read through this thread fully though because I still need to try and understand the effects of changing the roll centres,assymetric/symmetric, rhs/srs arrangment etc.

Looking at the petitrc setup sheets it seems nearly all have a lower B value in the rear(increased spring rate) which I guess would mean stiffer rear springs , I thought that most touring cars run slighly softer rear springs than front. Is awesomatix an exception?
It was the top driver at 1x of our tracks here who recommended softer rear to me.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragobrat
Thank you for your help with that.
I have looked at the car and can now understand how those adustments would work.
I reckon I need to sit down and read through this thread fully though because I still need to try and understand the effects of changing the roll centres,assymetric/symmetric, rhs/srs arrangment etc.

Looking at the petitrc setup sheets it seems nearly all have a lower B value in the rear(increased spring rate) which I guess would mean stiffer rear springs , I thought that most touring cars run slighly softer rear springs than front. Is awesomatix an exception?
It was the top driver at 1x of our tracks here who recommended softer rear to me.
"typical" TCs run the same or harder spring in the front than the rear, but due to the mounting points of the shocks, the effective rate the wheel sees is softer in the front than the rear. If you push down on any touring car you can feel this. Because the suspension of the A700 is identical front and rear, we run a higher spring rate in the rear to create the same kind of feel
Old 06-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

A personal thank you to both Larry Fairtrace (stock tq + win with a borrowed car) and Mike Gee (mod tq + win) for their efforts and skill today.
My congratulations for the winners and thanks to all Awesomatix drivers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.